GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The great old days of NOM..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 22:25
Regular
I've just had a look through my old copies of NOM (3+ years old) and I have read many fun quotes from the magazines. I just thought that many of you here would like to be remembered about the good old days of NOM!

On the total test for N64 memory cards:
Quote for official Nintendo Memory Card 256K (£14.99) - Solid Quality, its the best!
Quote for other 3rd party card (256K and £5 cheaper) - Bit pricey for amount of saves, only average value.
You can't get any more biast than that!!

In the 'Club Mario' section, somebody wrote in with the comment.
"Nintendo need to work hardn to keep up with other consoles. The new consoles from Sony and Sega are gonna be so much better."
NOM replied with:
"Don't worry, the Dreampants and the Fony Greystation 2 are gonna be rubbish, Nintendo are always going to dominate the market!"

My favourite of all NOM quotes were the ones in the South Park review! How amazing they were! Here's a few of them:

"South Park is brilliant and just as good as the cartoon"
"Everything is spot on, the characters, the speech, the humour, THE EXITEMENT!!!"
"The one player game is surpurb and the multiplayer will keep you gripped for ages"
They gave it 90 bloody percent! Why if I ever met the person who wrote this I'd...

I was going to write more but writing about South Park has just annoyed me.

P.S If you are ever bored, read an old issue of NOM, it will lighten up your day!
P.P.S Don't read the South Park issue
P.P.P.S Don't believe anything they say
P.P.P.P.S Don't ever buy a copy of NOM!
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I've just had a look through my old copies of NOM (3+ years old) and I have read many fun quotes from the magazines. I just thought that many of you here would like to be remembered about the good old days of NOM!

On the total test for N64 memory cards:
Quote for official Nintendo Memory Card 256K (£14.99) - Solid Quality, its the best!
Quote for other 3rd party card (256K and £5 cheaper) - Bit pricey for amount of saves, only average value.
You can't get any more biast than that!!

In the 'Club Mario' section, somebody wrote in with the comment.
"Nintendo need to work hardn to keep up with other consoles. The new consoles from Sony and Sega are gonna be so much better."
NOM replied with:
"Don't worry, the Dreampants and the Fony Greystation 2 are gonna be rubbish, Nintendo are always going to dominate the market!"

My favourite of all NOM quotes were the ones in the South Park review! How amazing they were! Here's a few of them:

"South Park is brilliant and just as good as the cartoon"
"Everything is spot on, the characters, the speech, the humour, THE EXITEMENT!!!"
"The one player game is surpurb and the multiplayer will keep you gripped for ages"
They gave it 90 bloody percent! Why if I ever met the person who wrote this I'd...

I was going to write more but writing about South Park has just annoyed me.

P.S If you are ever bored, read an old issue of NOM, it will lighten up your day!
P.P.S Don't read the South Park issue
P.P.P.S Don't believe anything they say
P.P.P.P.S Don't ever buy a copy of NOM!
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:31
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Me and my friends were talking about NOM talking petty about Sony and other console makes. How low can you get. Allas, atleast they didn't call it the Greystation Poo. I haven't played South Park on the N64 but i have got the PS1 game, i got it free, and after playing it once, i wouldn't touch it with a twenty foot barge pole.
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Acclaim made 2 similar games that were both crap.
Turok 2 and South Park were both crap, with huge levels and regenerating bosses. Did I also say that they were crap?
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:34
"Uzi Lover"
I used to buy NOM then stopped buying it when I followed their South Park review and bought it.

That was the worst game I ever played in my whole entire life. There was one funny bit - "I fart on your grave" ha

Terrible gameplay.
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:37
I don't really remeber NOM but I used to get Super Play and I loved it until it went out of print.

I remember that they made me get Secret of Mana which is one of my all time favs and got me into RPG's
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I stopped buying NOM after i bought south park as well, its so biased.
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:39
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Everyone has gaming related decisions they are deeply ashamed of. Here's mine:

I subscribed to NOM for 12 months, a couple of years after the N64 release.

I did it on impulse, having bought the first three issues NOm ever did, and being impressed back then. A few issues later I was really regretting it, and by the half way point I was praying for the subscription to end. I nearly died laughin when I eventually recieved the letter telling me I'd miss out on all their great articles if I didn't renew.

The experience left me psychologically scarred, but reading Edge is helping me forget.
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:39
"Uzi Lover"
Me and Cookie are suckers.

You may bully us now...
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I used to buy N64 magazine after I went through the NOM stage of life!

P.S The name was there for taking, so I took it!
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:43
Regular
"Vote for Me!"
This is the name before you ask!

Now what should I do...

Oh the novelty has worn off now...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.