GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drugs why"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
why do people take drugs i mean wats the point u could die because of the evil creations why oh why
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:12
I can understand and accept that dealing drugs is illegal, as selling many other prohibited products is illegal in Brittan.

What I can't understand however is why taking drugs or possessing drugs for personal recreational use is illegal. Why should you be penalised for endangering your own life? I thought committing suicide was no longer illegal in Brittan?

Of cause,If you were to drive or work under the influence of drugs, then yes that's surly wrong as your endangering other people life's as well as your own and In that scenario it would be just like if you were to drink and Drive, which of cause we all know the consequences of.
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:40
"Darkness, always"
Did anyone see the debate about cannabis legalisation/decriminalisation on tv the other day?

Basically, all the drug supporters were comparing us with Holland, saying "they do it, and their fine". The anti-drugs people also use Holland, bringing in a warden from a rehabilitation clinic, who basically said in no uncertain terms "don't legalise it, it'll ruin your country".

The debate raged for ages, and it just seemed more and more apparent that drugs are just bad news.
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok well I would guess that you are all basically interested in only the ilegal drugs that are abused frequently. Well that is just my guess anyway so here goes.

I think it is pointless going into any kind of detailed information as it will make some of this very hard to understand and not many people will have a clue what I am going on about.

Every substance whether it is is an ilegal drug like canabis or if it is a medical drug prescribed by your doctor is poisonous, it is the dose (how much you take) that determines if it is safe. Ie taking too much can be lethal.

Ok first up alcohol, alcohol is actually quite good for you if you take it in moderation but the long term effects of taking a lot of it regularly are quite serious, this includes the likes of binge drinking at weekends etc.
Heavy drinking can damage just about every organ system in your body, liver disease and liver failure are common. It also has effects on the brain. Memory loss and dementia are common from heavy drinking. In men it also reduces testosterone levels and could cause a growth to your man boobs. In pregnant women it also can cause a number of problems and complications with the child at birth.

Ok now onto smoking. The main reasons people smoke are:
It stimulates them
Relaxes them
Aids coping with stress
For the pleasure
Aids concentration
Avoids cravings and withdrawal

But there are a number of risks such as:
It causes cancer, particularly lung cancer
Chronic bronchitis
Heart disease
In pregnant women it can cause a number of very dangerous to the unborn child, even death.

Each year smoking related diseases cause 20% of the deaths in the UK.

Canabis is similar in a way to nicotine in cigarettes except it creates halucinations and a sense of disturbing thoughts. Problems with it are that it can cause loss of memory and inhaling the smoke also promotes lung cancer. Nicotine is also part of the psychomotor drugs, which are stimulants, other drugs that fall into this group are cocaine, amphetamines and caffine. They are highly addictive and can cause an increase to heart rate, make you feel less hungry and make it harder for you to sleep.

I don't want to go into all the ins and outs of the likes of cocaine, canabis and heroin etc. But I will warn you, they may create a sense of euphoria (A "high", good feeling) but you will never get the feeling that you get first time again. This leads to people taking higher doses and taking more. They are highly addictive and lethal and will do a lot of damage to your body. My advice would be to look out for people who are addicted to drugs, maybe begging in streets etc. It is not worth it so stay clear of them.
They are ilegal for a reason as the health risks associated with them are just so big. If you want any more info on any of this just ask and I'll do my best to provide it.
Fri 24/05/02 at 08:22
...memory
Fri 24/05/02 at 07:54
AliBoy wrote:
> I have just finished a course on uni on the use and abuse of drugs in
> society and if any of you are interested at all I could post a bit of
> the stuff I found out. I'll not do that now as I am just back from pub
> and tired and drunk.
> Anyone interested at all?

Definatley.

Is it true that smoking pot causes loss of short term.... erm....
Fri 24/05/02 at 00:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I have just finished a course on uni on the use and abuse of drugs in society and if any of you are interested at all I could post a bit of the stuff I found out. I'll not do that now as I am just back from pub and tired and drunk.
Anyone interested at all?
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:06
Regular
"relocated"
The Iron Monkey wrote:

> ...what was i talking about again... oh yeah, never mix drugs with
> chockolate - I once took an e and a kit kat - It was horrible! - It
> tasted like Cat food (Kitt-e-Kat to be precise).

Arf!
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:39
A little bit of Ganja never harmed anybody. Well, except for my old dog, but how was i to know he had a weak heart? I still remember the last words he said to me as he looked as me through those glazed eyes "woof, Woof" he said. I'll take those words to my grave. *Sniff* God I miss little spanky, but it's the way he would of liked to go....

...what was i talking about again... oh yeah, never mix drugs with chockolate - I once took an e and a kit kat - It was horrible! - It tasted like Cat food (Kitt-e-Kat to be precise).
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:31
It’s your choice weather you take drugs or not, so don’t ~b***h.
I am willing to bet you have had alcohol, which is much more harmful than you might think - hardening your liver, killing brain cells etc.

Just because a drug is illegal, doesn’t necessarily mean it is worse
For your health than a legal one. Alcohol and smoking kill millions of people a year.
Saying that, the class 'A' drugs should be avoided. They will really
Screw you if you take them regularly. I am in no way willing to take
Any class A drugs, simply because of all the bad storeys I have heard.

Ganja, now there’s a corking drug,

The thing that harms your lungs with ganja is when smoked with tobacco,
Which unfortunately, it usually is.
Strait cannabis (blunts) has many healing properties, but unfortunately
If you smoke too much causes some minor short-term memory loss.

I had a talk with our local tramp, aiden, and he can still make perfect sense
and can string together some interesting conversation, even after weed every
Day for the last 9 or so years. Now you cant say that for most heroin addicts.
If of course they aren’t already dead.
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:22
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Actually, believe it or not, cannabis can actually help ease as**thma in the long run. Or so its said.
Smoking in general is a sh*t idea, though;
1) Tas**tes horrible.
2) Fcuks up your lungs.
3) Highly addictive.
4) Gives you no high or feeling apart from the sensation of your lungs being slowly turned into blackened ash.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.