GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not impressed Mr Erikkson!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 13:32
Regular
While I can understand wanting as many players to know what it feels like to play in the heat and humidity, not many know what it feels like for a full 90 mins thanks to eight changes against Korea - what a shambles!

Wes Brown was dire and shouldn't get another look in, Sherringham barely saw the ball and Keown couldn't win a header against someone half his size. Heskey was also unbelieveably non-existent against players half his size and James looked shaky in goal

On the upside, Hargreaves was the best of the bunch and now deserves Butt's place alongside Scholes who also didn't put a foot wrong while on the pitch. Mills looked Ok at right back, Ashley Cole just scraped it over Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole did OK and Owen & Vasell looked sharp. It will be intresting to see the starting line at the weekend - just hope we see very few changes on the day.

Digby
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:44
"High polygon count"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Wookie in-terms of the Arsenal Defence, I don't think they should be
> automatic choice for the defence, you cannot take Rio out of there, he
> is,in my vew Englands best defender and along side Cambell they make
> the best partnership at the back, solid.

Like I said, there may be better players, but being better individually doesn't mean squat. Campbell doesn't play with Ferdinand week in, week out, either in proper games or in training. Campbell and Keown will have picked up almost intimate knowledge of each others play over the last season, and there can be no substitute for that.

> but you tell me how good were Arsenal's defence in the
> champions league when it came to defending against world class
> player's?

Pretty well in the home games, drawing 1-1 away and winning 4-1 at home to the team that put out both Liverpool and Manchester United, and ran Real Madrid to the wire in the final. Arsenal's failings in the Champions League were team failures, and have been for the last two seasons. In addition, for many of the games in that competition, we were unable to field the three players at the same time due to injuries, with Stepanovs and Luzhny frequently stepping in.
Tue 21/05/02 at 19:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
thats exactly what I was trying to say Quinty, lets not jump on the band wagon, yes we should be playing out best 11 out there, but too many recent injuries have left us with no choice but to try some other player's that might be needed later on in the tournament, for example today we saw Hargreaves tested in central midfield with Butt, Gerrad Missing, previously Hargreaves played on the left because we had our first 11 fit (+ Back players i.e. Butt etc) but now Sven knows that in an even that Butt + Becks + Scholes are Injured, Hargreeves can come in and do an efficent Job, the same goes for all the other positions in the team like the left wing, everyone assumed Dyer will be playing there but he got njured at the last minute and noone else has been effective there therefore he needs to try other players there now. We have the reserve players, but are they good enough? thats what Sven was trying out today...can they climatise? some of these player's are young and this was an experience for them, I thought thats wot friendly's in other countries are for etc

Wookie in-terms of the Arsenal Defence, I don't think they should be automatic choice for the defence, you cannot take Rio out of there, he is,in my vew Englands best defender and along side Cambell they make the best partnership at the back, solid. Martin Keown is a good player but he is prone to mistake's at times, and yes Arsenal won the double, but you tell me how good were Arsenal's defence in the champions league when it came to defending against world class player's?

G.Southgate is also another good defender and I would put him ahead of keown in the centre back role because he has shown good undertsnad standing with Cambell and reads the game better.

The right back position is the only position at the back which i think has been disturbed since G.Neville got injured, I don't think Wes or Mills are adequate enough to play that role.
Tue 21/05/02 at 18:34
Regular
jees what the crikeys are you on digby? Can you please consider the fact that:

a) how long have we been in korea? 3 or 4 days? it takes time to climatise and believe me its one hell of a journey over there.
b) we had a lower strength team out. and with no commanding figure in the midfield like gerrard or beckham we were bound to struggle.
c) it was'nt all that bada result, hargreaves impressed and looks to be good cover for the midfield, and although our goal seemed a little scrappy, some neat interplay lead to it.

and as for you reynolds, "i thought we would have at least won korea", they are no pushovers, especially as they were on home turf.

heh just look what happened to scotland!
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:36
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i wonder how they are going to shape up in the world cup because i thought they would of at least won korea
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:26
Spot On
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:06
Regular
"simpsons rule"
so basiclly they played crap
Tue 21/05/02 at 15:25
Regular
"Baros!!!"
At least it was only a friendly match and not a World Cup match.

South Korea did beat Scotland 4-1. then again its only Scotland ain't it.
I would definitely play Owen and Vassell up front as they both look really good together.
Tue 21/05/02 at 15:22
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
fight fight fight
Tue 21/05/02 at 15:05
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> There is no law that stops people supporting French football teams.

Indeed. At least they know how to play football. :-)
Tue 21/05/02 at 14:14
"Darkness, always"
Phi11ip wrote:
> Only because you support Arsenal!
>
> SCUM!

There is no law that stops people supporting French football teams.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.