GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Price Drop"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 13:18
Regular
Announced that in the USA, the Gamecube has dropped in price to match the other consoles and to be even cheaper.

Hmmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk /hi/english/entertainment /new_media/newsid_1998000/1998072.stm

(remove spaces)
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:38
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> So what is the "Thank you" package from Nintendo going to
> be?
>
> Another pad and some jelly babies?

Thank you package? Your a twot Goatboy the console is just to hard for weak minded sonyphiles like you :)

The Gamecube can be given away for free as Nintendo make the majority of their money from software!
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:38
Regular
And Besides...Sony Make DVD players themselves so I'm sure they know what they are doing...

Of Course...The same rule doesnt apply everywhere. Apparently loads of people have bought PS2s just for its DVD playing capabilities as DVD players are soo expensive down there...
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'm mpore interested in what further price cuts for the PS2 and XBOX
> will do to the dvd player market...

They aren't great DVD players in the consoles anyway... at work yesterday this kid thought he would try and defame the lack of DVD player in the Gamecube.

'Yeah but it doesn't have a DVD player, does it.'

'No, it doesn't need one as its not trying to be anything but an excellent games console'

'The reason I brought the PS2 was because it had a DVD player...'

'How many DVD's have you watched on it then?'

'None, but th.... oh shutup'

And then he walked out the shop. What a complete muppet, god he was so annoying.
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:34
Regular
You can already buy DVD players for under £100

So shoudnt effect the DVD player Market at all.

PSone could play CDs but it didnt effect the CD player market did it?
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I buy Gamecube, price won't drop here for long time unless PS2 or XBOX drop price soon.
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:31
"Darkness, always"
I'm mpore interested in what further price cuts for the PS2 and XBOX will do to the dvd player market...
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:30
Regular
VenomByte wrote:

>
> Does this mean that Nintendo can afford another European price cut, if
> the situation warrants it?

VAT is the main thing which ****s up us.
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So what is the "Thank you" package from Nintendo going to be?

Another pad and some jelly babies?
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> Doesnt make much sense, but I'm trying to fit in.
>
> Er...HAHAHAHAHA Gaemcube failing with prise drop!
> HAHAHAHAHA
>
> Discuss.

Its not failing. THey mak it cheap3er because thena it will slel more becauase more ppl can effort it. Its selling best in the world at the moment anytways. THe Xbox is failing everywhere now. Discuss.
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
This is insane. Every few weeks the price of one of the console is dropping somewhere. At this rate, I might get a GC and an XBox...

According to that article, this leaves the US GC price at an equivalent of £100, which apparently is somewhere around the break even point for Nintndo.

Does this mean that Nintendo can afford another European price cut, if the situation warrants it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.