GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars 2: When Clones Attack!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/05/02 at 23:49
Regular
Item! There's a new Star Wars movie out, and guess what - Steven Spielberg has done a magnificent job bringing it to the big screen! With new names on board like Samuel 'Pulp Fiction' Jackson, Ewen 'Trainspotting' McGreggor and Tommy 'Speed 2' Morrison, Star Wars 2 has some real big name brunt, and may even challenge films like Scooby Doo for the summer's 'best movie' crown! It has it all - explosions, romance and yes, everyone's favourite Star Wars character, that rascal Jar Jar Binks! However, I have a complaint Mr Speilberg - Jar Jar is hardly in it at all! Surely cutting the role of the most popular character is a bad move, methinks Steven should have listened to the die hard Star Wars fans, or 'Trekkies' as they like to be known!

So, what's the story for Star Wars 2? Well, Christopher Lee plays a bad Jedi who wants to take over the world, and Ewen McGreggor (reprising his role of the mysterious Toby Kenobi) and Justin Timberlake (Luke Skywalker) have to stop him! I won't spoil anything for you, but there's plenty of lightsabre fights in the film, and they're different colours too! If there's one thing Star Wars 1: The Phantom was missing, it was a bit of colour in the fight scenes! Needless to say, those wacky Jedis help out, and the wise master Yogi and Samuel Jackson's Ace Windu come to the rescue more than once! There's also a fleeting cameo from Tommy Morrison as Jabba the Fett, a bounty hunter who's after Toby Kenobi's blood! However, Morrison's Australian accent isn't up to much - best stick with your homegrown US one next time, huh?!

But enough of the fighting, the real story is the romance between Luke Skywalker and Anikana, played by the gorgeous Natalie Partman. This couple practically sizzle on screen, and I hear rumours that Justin's real life girlfriend Britney Spears was none too happy about the snogging scenes! Apparently, Luke and Anikana get it on and have a baby called Garth Vader, but this won't happen until Star Wars 3: The Journey Home. Just one thing Justin, what's with the hairdo? I know Insink are the coolest band on the planet, but did you have to keep the ponytail?! It makes you look a bit silly, after all, this movie is supposed to be set in the 22nd century!

So, what's the verdict? Two thumbs up, most definitely! Hopefully the chemistry between McGreggor and Timberlake will continue into the next installment, and these two Jedis will become a force to be reckoned with in the galaxy! There hasn't been such a powerful onscreen duo since Tango and Cash graced our screens a few years ago. Natalie Partman plays her part as the helpless princess very well, and even the two gay robots, 3-CPO and RTD2 provide some much needed comic relief! The computer generated effects are also outstanding, easily surpassing the benchmark that Howard the Duck set all those years ago. Star Wars 2: When Clones Attack? See it, will you!

[Editor's note: I must apologise for completely ripping off the style of The Onion, but who the hell cares. I just saw this film tonight, and though it was... well, pretty fricking fantastic. Anyone who disagrees can fight me out the back with a glowing stick. I've got mine.]
Wed 22/05/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
ssxpro wrote:
> Monkeyman - I felt quite odd. I laughed out loud, and the whole
> audience looked at me. I thought they`d have seen how stupid that
> moment was, but there you go... idiots.

Don't seem to remember that myself, Mr Pro. I seem to remember you just sat there chuckling to yourself. Nobody really listens to you. We both know that. :)

> Willyum -
> Second, Lucas never wrote a 7, 8 or 9 to begin with so there will
> probably not be Ep 7, 8 or 9. Also what would the story for them be?
> Theres no story to follow, the dark side has been destroyed.
>
Its a shame...
> Grand Admiral Thrawn would have made it into an excellent movie if
> they found the right actor.
>
Yeah, but how many high-calibre actors have red eyes and blue skin? For goodness' sake...
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:16
Regular
Go on, you know it makes sense. Beats any contrived crap about how games are a function of todays political process or something else GAD aimed over in Prime.

Do it. It'll be funny.
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Is it wrong to award myself Gameaday? I almost did, on this one. A moment of inspired comedy genius, I felt.

Oh well.
Tue 21/05/02 at 17:01
Regular
(www.ssxpro.tk has no banner ads, but is less direct)
Tue 21/05/02 at 17:00
Regular
lol! Nice one!

BTW, if anybody is interested, I`ve started a big Star Wars feature on my site. You can get to it via www.ssxpro.tk then clicking the star wars link, or alternatively go to www.geocities.com/ma0pnt/sw/starwars.html
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:55
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> No, but you're right - the love bits are crap. "I hate sand,
> it's rough and coarse. Everything you're not. You're soft and
> smooth." Worst chat up line ever.
>

It should have been

"I hate sand. It gets everywhere, even in me undies. Unlike you..."
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:47
Regular
Monkeyman - I felt quite odd. I laughed out loud, and the whole audience looked at me. I thought they`d have seen how stupid that moment was, but there you go... idiots.

Willyum -

Although Lucas hasn`t written any further episodes, many other authors have. I have read about 50 or so Star Wars books that follow on from the movies. There were rumours that the first series out, by a great author called Timothy Zahn, would become episodes 7,8,9, but there doesn`t seem to be much indication that that is true. Its a shame... Grand Admiral Thrawn would have made it into an excellent movie if they found the right actor.

As for the Dark side being destroyed... as long as there are jedi, there's the possibility of them turning and becoming dark jedi, as you may find out if you read some of the books :D
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:30
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Willyum wrote:
> Firstly, whats all this 'Steven Spielberg' stuff, he didn't direct it.

It WAS a joke, but just to put you in your place: in theory there COULD be Episodes 7,8,etc... Before the events of Episode 1 began the jedi council believed that no siths (or Dark Side) remained in the universe but they were wrong!
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:48
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I'm going to see Episode 2 at the weekend.
Mon 20/05/02 at 17:46
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Erm....ha.

Haha.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.