GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"British Bulldog dies :-("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/05/02 at 14:44
Regular
from wrestlezone.com

Davey Boy Smith, who for several years has had a life infested with personal demons, sadly passed away last night of cardiac arrest. It happened on a scheduled vacation with his wife in Envereme, British Columbia. Smith was 39 years of age...not much in the way of details at this time but we will continue to try and gather them over the next few days.
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:08
yea im gonna miss him,he was great :(
Tue 21/05/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Monkey Warrior wrote:
> I read in the paper today that he was just about to talk to vince
> about his return to the WWE. :(
> It would have been great to see him back...

It always seems to work out that way. :(
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:37
Regular
"..."
Umm...Shaneo...Faarooq IS actually American
Mon 20/05/02 at 18:36
Regular
i heard it in the sun this morning, first owen and name him the hart family most be really sad
Mon 20/05/02 at 18:33
Regular
I read in the paper today that he was just about to talk to vince about his return to the WWE. :(
It would have been great to see him back...
Mon 20/05/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I heard about this on a no mercy message board yesturday, but it wasn't confirmed on any websites so I didn't mention it here. I remember watching him on WCW and liking him because he was British. It's a bit of a shock for him to die so young from a heart attack but it's not uncommon among wrestlers. I think that's how Big Dick Dudley died as well.
Mon 20/05/02 at 17:33
Jetster wrote:
> Yer but that does not really sound right does it, I mean as a name for
> a belt.

But Bulldog was the first holder of the European title, and it really does belong to him, in my view, at least.

I know this sounds thick but what is a cardiac arrest? I am
> stupid I know.

A heart attack.

This is a sad day for wrestling, and when my friend told me, I was shocked, to say the least. I really wouldn't expect Bulldog to die. I suspect the steroids use (which I presume he used) didn't aid his health. But either way, he had a great physique, and this is a great shame to the wrestling world. I've been watching Davey Boy since I was 4, and I remember his great match with Bret Hart. At the end of his career, he'd taken a fall, wrestling in street clothes against total jobbers, and this once again says to me that the WWE are prejudiced towards anyone who isn't american (Kai En Tai, Faarooq, Bulldog, Bret have all been screwed). I was a big bulldog fan, and just so you know...

Bulldog's 'personal demons' relats to his estrange wife, Diana Smith-Hart, who is Bret Hart's sister. They split after much arguing, and Diana is now dating a bodybuilder. Bulldog was arrested in mid-2000 for supposedly sending death-threats to Diana, and that was the last I heard from him. His last in-ring match that I recall is against Crash Holly at the May 10th 2000 edition of Smackdown, where he lost the Hardcore title. It's a big shame that his career went down the toilet that badly and that quickly.

British Bulldog, Davey 'Boy' Smith
RIP 1963-2002

When he arrives in heaven, he'll sit down and meet with Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Gorilla Monsoon and Brian Pillman, all the wrestlers of his time.
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
Bah, 39.

WWE.com has acknowledged his death, but it's a rather small article...
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:12
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Only 39.
>
> Unlucky.

Just slightly.
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Only 39.

Unlucky.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.