GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Regulars only"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/05/02 at 00:40
Regular
dont u think its time that regulars are the only ones who can post a new topic, no offense on newbies, as we were all one once are selfs but just look at the nintendo forum now, clogged up with useless spamming by a JAT named condom.
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
"ProGolfer"
thegerrid wrote:
> Spammers like the guy in the Nintendo forum must be some of the
> saddest and most boring people ever, if all they can think of doing is
> clogging up other peoples genuine topics.
> If they think that it’s funny then they must have no life what so
> ever, or they would be doing something more constructive with their
> time.
> Maybe he’s trying to make up for some inadequacy like having no
> friends or something more, er, ‘physical’.
> Anyway, good luck to all regulars up for notable on Wednesday.

Is this classified as sucking up?
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Spammers like the guy in the Nintendo forum must be some of the saddest and most boring people ever, if all they can think of doing is clogging up other peoples genuine topics.
If they think that it’s funny then they must have no life what so ever, or they would be doing something more constructive with their time.
Maybe he’s trying to make up for some inadequacy like having no friends or something more, er, ‘physical’.
Anyway, good luck to all regulars up for notable on Wednesday.
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Spam and Egg?
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:07
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hah, I'm better than a Regular. You all suck.

:P
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:04
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Why dont you make it so that notables and staff can delete spam. All it takes is to give notables the opportunity to delete crappy topics. If they delete good ones they could be warned and if warned twice they loose there power to delete spam.
Sun 19/05/02 at 14:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Spamming has become a big issue in the forums. So bad have things become that FOG has been split into Prime (for serious topics) and Chat (for nonsensical, vaguely gaming related topics), with only regs and notables allowed to post new topics in Prime. A sad state indeed.

So, what to do? The fact is that spammers will always come about, and in any case SR needs new customers, so will advertise the rooms to everyone.
They can't stop nebies posting in chat... or else the whole point of splitting the forum is gone.

So, my advise. Self regulation. Just don't reply to spam topics.
Sun 19/05/02 at 14:22
I'm against spamming totally, but some people simply can't write well, which may be by no fault of their own, so I don't think it's fair that Newbies have to prove themselves if spammers still become Regulars and really don't prove themselves at all. Oh well, I'll be a regular soon, so that pleases me ;D
Sun 19/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
That's true, but a lot of Regulars do try and write good posts, but on the other hand, some just spam all the time, not mentioning any names, big_slow, kr, that should be banned if they carry on.
Sun 19/05/02 at 13:49
But then to get 300 posts and 10,000 words, you don't have to prove yourself. You could post things of no relevance, and because you're not doing anything offensive, they can't ban you. Notables have to earn their Notability, but Regulars and Newbies don't. Therefore, I disagree that Newbies should have to 'prove' themselves.
Sun 19/05/02 at 13:44
Regular
Maybe. But, some newbies do actually have good ideas and know quite alot about gaming. It ruins it, when someone stupid comes on the forums and just spams. Their not goping to make any friends that way. Like I said, newbies can have good ideas, so I think if newbies were allowed to post, they would have to prove themselves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.