GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX STINKS!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 22:49
Regular
Stupid idiot wrote:
> And yes we do have the better games.

LOL "WE?"

Fanboys...when will they learn?
Page:
Sat 18/05/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Stupid idiot wrote:
> And yes we do have the better games.

LOL "WE?"

Fanboys...when will they learn?
Sat 18/05/02 at 22:53
name five good games coming out this year then
Sat 18/05/02 at 23:00
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
So I suppose you'll be pleased to know Final Fantasy is going to come to the Xbox then?
Sat 18/05/02 at 23:21
is it? still would not make me buy an Xbox
Sun 19/05/02 at 00:01
Regular
"BOSE"
another blind man. we paid £200 because we want the best. now drop it. Halo also beats any game on any machine. now shut up!
Sun 19/05/02 at 09:10
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> name five good games coming out this year then

-----

[this is just for me]

Unreal Championship,
Project Ego,
Morrowind,
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic,
Deus Ex 2.

There you go, if you want more just check our the "best games at E3" thread.
Sun 19/05/02 at 14:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So Gamecube "rules" huh ? WEll I own one and no, it doesn't. I see the Gamecube lineup and all I really see are remakes and games that are coming out on X-Box - with the X-Box version being better because of its capabilities.

Take away this gripe and as far as I see, this is the coming GC games lineup worth a mention in my opinion.....

F-Zero
Metroid
Turok Evolution
Zelda
Mario Sunshine (although I'm not all that impressed so far)
Pikmin
Resident Evil
Perfect Dark
Smash Bros Melee
Phantasy Star Online
Soul Caliber 2
Starfox
WWF (WWE) Wrestlemania
Super Monkey Ball 2

Now, I'll add upcoming X-Box games...

Tekie
Project Ego
Toejam & Earl 3
Halo 2
Unreal Championship
Star Wars : Knights of the old Republic
Bruce Lee
WWF (WWE) Raw is War 2
Mortal Kombat : Deadly Alliance
Soul Caliber 2
The Elder Scrolls 3 : Morrowind
Yager
MOH : Allied Assault
Mech Assault
Crazy Taxi 3
Operation Flashpoint
Grand Prix 4
Conflict Desert Storm
Commandos 2
Enclave
Quantum Redshift
Streets of Rage
Metal Gear Solid Substance
Doom 3

Those are just the games that spring to mind straight away, no doubt others can add other games to this list. The PS2 games are pretty much going to be available elsewhere now and the Gamecube release schedule is looking no busier than the N64's before it. I owned a PS2 and got rid of it. I now own an X-Box and a Gamecube. I bought a Gamecube for Rogue Leader, plus I want the odd game like F-Zero and Metroid. But if someone still asks me what console they should own out of all 3, I still say X-Box without hesitation.

Out of the 3 consoles it has the most potential and in my opinion, the best quality to quantity ratio. It might not have the same number of titles as the PS2 now, but by the end of the year the number will be drastically different. As for the Gamecube, its lack of any games beyond existing titles I feel is going to cost it.

Although games like Zelda still draw crowds, the Gamecube doesn't seem to have much in the way of new projects. Pikmin is one exception, but thats about it. I don't see Nintendo taking the online route seriously and although Sony probably will, I just can't see it matching up to what the X-Box can do. The only thing thats holding Microsoft back is this pathetic fanboy crap where idiots have to follow the crowd with playground style remarks. You slate the X-Box controller, but personally, I find it better than the GC one. I hate the D-pad on the GC controller, its so small that you have to be like 5 years old to able to use it properly. Its fine when it comes to the feel of it, but I'm not so sure about the button lay out either - especially the "Z" button being just above the right shoulder button.
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Creating new consoles it all about progression, which is why I love XBox.

The DC was the first console to have internet, it was great and I loved it.
PS2 then introduced DVD into consoles.

What has the GC brought? Nothing. In this day and age new consoles should alsways improve on those before it. The GC doesn't even come with a modem. That should be standard. It doesn't support DVD, audio CD or a hard drive.

I feel the GC is keeping console gaming in the past. Console games should progress, utilising Hard drives and broadband, creating better games for everyone. Nintendo seem happy just improving the processors to create better looking games and then releasing updates of clasic titles. That simply isn't good enough!

With Xbox, everything is their to take console gaming forward. Thats the way it should be.
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats pretty much what I've been saying for the last couple of months. I'm guessing you'll get the same reply from people that i got - basically putting their fingers in their ears and saying "LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALA".
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savatt1668 wrote:
> Thats pretty much what I've been saying for the last couple of months.

I've been an xbox fan since November last year. I remember posting loads of posts about how the Xbox was not crap. Turbonutter and er-no used to slate it big time and only Sonicrav and I deffended it.

Now everything has changed and there are lots of xbox supporters. It just shows how much the Xbox has grown in popularity.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.