GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX STINKS!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 22:49
Regular
Stupid idiot wrote:
> And yes we do have the better games.

LOL "WE?"

Fanboys...when will they learn?
Page:
Sat 21/12/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Sorry, that didn't work.

*Hangs head in shame*
Sat 21/12/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yeah, what he said!

|
\ | /
\ | /
\|/
Sat 21/12/02 at 00:42
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> For games like Halo, Max Payne and Splinter Cell I think that it is
> worth getting an Xbox alone to play.

Lets appreciate though, that the majority of games do run better on PC (Max Payne actually being one of them) and as Halo's PC release is bound to sell by the bucketload, I'm sure they'll be putting a bit more effort into the port. As for Splinter Cell, that's going multi-format next year - so I'm not worrying about that.
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:26
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Really!

What do they do?
Fri 20/12/02 at 22:28
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Ah but Max payne runs just a good on pc plus you can get mod's ala Matrix mod.
Thu 19/12/02 at 23:16
Regular
Can I just say something about games on the PC. Splinter Cell is going to require a 2GHZ PC to run the game at the quality of the Xbox version, I think the minimum Specs are 1.4GHZ, 256mb and 64mb Graphics Card. I have been playing Ghost Recon on a 2.6 GHZ PC, 128MB graphics card with 512mb, its a brand new Packard Bell Lap top and it is amazing. Anyway back to my point, even with those specs the game still has the 'poor frame rate' problem which I think affects many PC games that have games on other consoles. For games like Halo, Max Payne and Splinter Cell I think that it is worth getting an Xbox alone to play.

On the same note although I am looknig forward to GTA Vice City on PC nex year I know that it is better on the PS2 and that when I get a job I will buy a PS2 again to play the rest of this series and the continous Pro Evolution series. Don't get me wrong the games aren't rubbish because they are on PC, but for a fact they run better on consoles and you don't have to worry about installation, bugs and DX etc. Not a dig at Mav but I thought I would just point this out.
Thu 19/12/02 at 23:06
Regular
Thanks Savatt. From what I've seen, the X-Box line up looks impressive - but most of it I can live without, or get on other consoles/PC. However, by next year, it looks like games such as Shenmue will be out, so I might just get one next christmas.
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah and for a good reason. :-)
Thu 19/12/02 at 15:44
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Sav just because you adore phantom crash!!! :P
Wed 18/12/02 at 20:26
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Nintendo suck as a company. Seriously, Just like Microsoft and
> especially Sony.

I'm not really 'with it' on the finiancial side of things, but Nintendo are my favourite company. Why? They don't exploit their customers. I respect that.

> Its the consoles that matter, The Gamecube is excellent and so is the
> Xbox. I don't give a monkeys testicle about who made which console,
> its the games that count. Heck, if the Xbox was'nt made by Microsoft,
> would everyones opinions SUDDENLY change?

Personally, I don't care. Due to Microsoft's increasing interest in making the X-Box better for gamers, I'm gaining more and more respect for them. Unfortunately, I can't see enough games to warrant me buying one - though I'm open to persuasion (Birthday coming up - 2nd Jan).
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.