GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boredom"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 16:54
Regular
Its Sunday afternoon, i have had enough revision for the day, I need to relax so I decide I might go play on the PS2 for a bit. Looking through my collection of 27 games...other than Pro Evo, there is absolutely nothing that I want to play, I have so many games, maybe not as many as some, but enough to warrant at least 30 mins play, surely? But no, nothing of any real interest.

Strange really, as in that collection I still have 4 games that are yet to be finished, with the likes of Silent Hill 2, Resi Code V X, SSX tricky and even Jak and Daxter, but theres just something there that makes me not want to play them, even though there damn fine games, I just don’t have that push to make me try and finish them.

Why?

Well, to be honest I think that its because I got all of these games in such a short amount of time, so id be playing through one game getting quite far, then my next game would pop through the post, and so I would then play that for a bit, and forget about the game before, and then another game would pop through the post, and id forget about the last one for a bit and so the cycle continues. The only problem is then, I finish the last new game I got, which in my case, was MGS2. So it would be logical to go back and play through these games to make sure I get my moneys worth right?

Well for some reason, something mentally in my head is saying 'no, don’t play it, too much hassle'. I cant really explain it, other than maybe im just thinking that having 4 uncompleted games to get through, and that’s too much to be play through all at once.

Kinda spoils things though that, as that means I have just wasted over £100 of games that are now on my shelf just collecting dust, waiting to be played or just lent out to some of my friends.

In the end, there is only one looser in this, me, or you if your in the same situation. As because of this, im sat here now, bored, waffling onto you if you’re still reading (which many of you aren’t). So all I can say is take this post as a warning sign, learn by my mistakes, and do not get too many games in such a short space of time, make sure you complete the games before getting a new one.

And above all, if you got a new game recently, and you are getting FF10, make sure you do complete it soon, or you will never go back to it after playing FF10.

Hmm, now I am bored...

*Counts down to FF10 release*
Sat 18/05/02 at 16:54
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Its Sunday afternoon, i have had enough revision for the day, I need to relax so I decide I might go play on the PS2 for a bit. Looking through my collection of 27 games...other than Pro Evo, there is absolutely nothing that I want to play, I have so many games, maybe not as many as some, but enough to warrant at least 30 mins play, surely? But no, nothing of any real interest.

Strange really, as in that collection I still have 4 games that are yet to be finished, with the likes of Silent Hill 2, Resi Code V X, SSX tricky and even Jak and Daxter, but theres just something there that makes me not want to play them, even though there damn fine games, I just don’t have that push to make me try and finish them.

Why?

Well, to be honest I think that its because I got all of these games in such a short amount of time, so id be playing through one game getting quite far, then my next game would pop through the post, and so I would then play that for a bit, and forget about the game before, and then another game would pop through the post, and id forget about the last one for a bit and so the cycle continues. The only problem is then, I finish the last new game I got, which in my case, was MGS2. So it would be logical to go back and play through these games to make sure I get my moneys worth right?

Well for some reason, something mentally in my head is saying 'no, don’t play it, too much hassle'. I cant really explain it, other than maybe im just thinking that having 4 uncompleted games to get through, and that’s too much to be play through all at once.

Kinda spoils things though that, as that means I have just wasted over £100 of games that are now on my shelf just collecting dust, waiting to be played or just lent out to some of my friends.

In the end, there is only one looser in this, me, or you if your in the same situation. As because of this, im sat here now, bored, waffling onto you if you’re still reading (which many of you aren’t). So all I can say is take this post as a warning sign, learn by my mistakes, and do not get too many games in such a short space of time, make sure you complete the games before getting a new one.

And above all, if you got a new game recently, and you are getting FF10, make sure you do complete it soon, or you will never go back to it after playing FF10.

Hmm, now I am bored...

*Counts down to FF10 release*
Sat 18/05/02 at 17:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Your getting a bit ahead of yourself its Saturday afternoon heh. :D

Ive been buying a lot of games in a short space of time, so ive made the same mistake as you, I find that I play about 3/4 of them and I have a collection of about 12, If I get bored with a game I tend to swap them very quickly just to get something else that id rather enjoy.

Recently I swaaped Max Payne for NBA Street because I know it will be something i'll want to play all the time. I only played max payne a couple of times but I know id probably nevr play it again

voices in my head, not good...
Sat 18/05/02 at 17:11
Regular
*Checks calander...*

Ah, yup, your right, it is saturday. :D

See what revision does to you! Fries your mind!
Sat 18/05/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Mind = Brain?

ah I dont have to worry cause... *knocks on head a few times*

dont have one :D
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:20
Regular
"simpsons rule"
erm it's saturday not sunday, i was wondering what is Jak and Daxter like is it any good
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:23
Regular
lol, i know its saturday...now anyway, ill be incorrect for another 4 hours yet. :D

Jak and Dax is good yeah, one of the best platformers out there that you can get, plenty to do on it too and the looks are not at all bad.

Well worth a look.
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:41
Regular
I get bored with games too. There are loads of games (some are my brother's) that I haven't completed. When I want to play the PS2 I'm usually there just looking for like ten minute trying to decide which game to play!.

Most of the time I just pick a demo with some decent games on it.
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:46
Regular
Yeah, i can spend up to 10 mins just sitting and looking for what game to play. I end up thinking where i am in each game, and what i need to do next on it, in the end i just think i cant be bothered and ill play them later, so i just stick Pro Evo in and have a blast on that.

Never fails to please.
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:49
Regular
Lol. If I get really bored I just put GTA3 in and have some fun with some cheats. I haven't completed that yet either!
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:58
Regular
"round the outside"
im bored,..can any 1 think of something for me to do??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.