GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boredom"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 16:54
Regular
Its Sunday afternoon, i have had enough revision for the day, I need to relax so I decide I might go play on the PS2 for a bit. Looking through my collection of 27 games...other than Pro Evo, there is absolutely nothing that I want to play, I have so many games, maybe not as many as some, but enough to warrant at least 30 mins play, surely? But no, nothing of any real interest.

Strange really, as in that collection I still have 4 games that are yet to be finished, with the likes of Silent Hill 2, Resi Code V X, SSX tricky and even Jak and Daxter, but theres just something there that makes me not want to play them, even though there damn fine games, I just don’t have that push to make me try and finish them.

Why?

Well, to be honest I think that its because I got all of these games in such a short amount of time, so id be playing through one game getting quite far, then my next game would pop through the post, and so I would then play that for a bit, and forget about the game before, and then another game would pop through the post, and id forget about the last one for a bit and so the cycle continues. The only problem is then, I finish the last new game I got, which in my case, was MGS2. So it would be logical to go back and play through these games to make sure I get my moneys worth right?

Well for some reason, something mentally in my head is saying 'no, don’t play it, too much hassle'. I cant really explain it, other than maybe im just thinking that having 4 uncompleted games to get through, and that’s too much to be play through all at once.

Kinda spoils things though that, as that means I have just wasted over £100 of games that are now on my shelf just collecting dust, waiting to be played or just lent out to some of my friends.

In the end, there is only one looser in this, me, or you if your in the same situation. As because of this, im sat here now, bored, waffling onto you if you’re still reading (which many of you aren’t). So all I can say is take this post as a warning sign, learn by my mistakes, and do not get too many games in such a short space of time, make sure you complete the games before getting a new one.

And above all, if you got a new game recently, and you are getting FF10, make sure you do complete it soon, or you will never go back to it after playing FF10.

Hmm, now I am bored...

*Counts down to FF10 release*
Tue 21/05/02 at 10:42
I think a big part of the problem for me is that I really get into one game at a time, and then either hit boredom, a difficult part, buy another game, complete it, or just plain old having to do stuff in the real world. Once that steady flow of gaming is disturbed, it does take a while to get back into the rhythm again. Then you buy another game, and then the pattern continues. Eventually you have a few new games, while the older ones are gathering dust. Whn I decide to tackle them again, I find that because I've been playing other things maybe I'm a bit rusty, or more importantly, I've got used to another control system, and the current one no longer feels intuitive. So it takes time to get back up to speed. I got Ico shortly after MGS2, and haven't really touched MGS2 since. I just need a decent block of spare time I guess.

There is a lot to be said for pick up and play games like Pro Evo and Tony Hawks. You don't have to remember the story, what you've done etc. Just get in there and carry on as if you never left.
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:55
i do weird things when im bored
Sun 19/05/02 at 15:08
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I got so bored with my Rez & DVD player (aka PS2) that I just sold it. I'm a 90's gamer- I grew up with Sonic, Mario, Samus and Link. I don't want realism in my games... that defies the point of the hobby- escapism!

Sonic
Sun 19/05/02 at 14:30
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Just go look what he did in the ninty forum...
Sun 19/05/02 at 14:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Nice to see he got banned, cheers SR.
Sun 19/05/02 at 14:23
Regular
"360: swfcman"
What a nice fellow he was.

But no thanks, i want to stick to the originals thanks mate, at least i know then that im pumping money back into the games industry and so we keep getting excellent games.

Its morons like you that cause small companies to go out of pocket. These companies could have grown to become the new konami's or namco's of the world, but because of cheap skates like you they go out of buissness as they cant compete.

Not only this, you screw with peoples lives as when the company goes bust, funnily enough they loose there jobs too, and if the company is only young, these people have no CV to produce to get a new job, so all there time and effort to become a games developer ect is ruined by fools like yourself.

Gaming gives you some enjoyment, how about putting something back into it for a change.
Sun 19/05/02 at 11:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Condom wrote:
> While you may have wasted hundreds on games you don't play anymore, I
> have around 50 games and rising each week. All of those games cost me
> just the cost of a blank DVD and a shared cost of rental. So, I'm not
> too bothered if I only play a game for a week anyway. The prices I
> pay are like renting, but only for a lifetime.
>
> What a loser. If you are so fed up of wasting money, get a MEssiah
> chip fitted. Loads of people have - even people on here who won't
> admit it cos' they are pu$$ies.

what a loser? you buy Pirated Games and Modify your PS 2 so that its cheap for you but in the meantime the price of original games go sky high just because losers like you feel its neccessary to use cheap, illegal, pirated copies?

Ah ... Your the Loser.
Sun 19/05/02 at 11:08
Regular
Aahhh.....Ssshh.
Sat 18/05/02 at 22:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Nah lets all spam his topic heh..

anyone watching True Lies?

What?

...Im Bored

:D
Sat 18/05/02 at 21:57
Regular
"round the outside"
hehe

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.