GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shops you avoid using?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/08 at 10:09
Regular
Dixons/Currys/PC World - Would never purchase from these stores, the staffies have no knowledge of what they're selling.

Primark - My girlfriend loves it, but it can get so crowded. After opening it ends up looking like a charity shop with clothes all over the place and on the floor.

Toys R Us - I don't know why this is on my list, it's great to go there if you're a kid or a big kid like me but the prices are so terrible I would never buy anything. Its more of a day out to see the latest toys. :D

Independant Book Stores - I just feel sooo guilty looking around and not buying that book I was reading at it's full retail price! No book should cost over £15 that's just wrong.

Subway - Very expensive and I always get the sandwich guy who doesnt care what I have and has no suggestions. Perhaps too much choice is a bad thing? Still you can get some nice subs if you go through all the hassle.

Sport Stores - I have no business going to any of these stores, I love sports I'm just not a fan of these stores, they seem far too pricey.

Who else has got a list they'd like to share?
Wed 27/02/08 at 13:04
Regular
"cachoo"
Marzman wrote:
> Morrisons didn't seem to have their own brand products in when
> they first took over safeways, but now there thin and crispy
> pizzas keep calling me back, again and again.

Oo! Just remembered there's pizza in the freezer. Thanks! :P
Wed 27/02/08 at 12:57
"Was the man of marz"
hippyman wrote:
> Morrisons for me. Used to shop in Safeway, but now it's been
> taken over, I avoid it.
>
> The Lawns pub in my town of Yate as the staff were really rude
> to a group of us once and kicked one of our group out as his ID
> had expired by one day! (Apparently your date of birth and
> appearance radically changes immediately once your passport
> expires).

Morrisons didn't seem to have their own brand products in when they first took over safeways, but now there thin and crispy pizzas keep calling me back, again and again.

A similar thing happened at O’Neil’s in Muswell hill where one of the groups passport had expired. Another time we actually got in but had to take off out hats (so I removed my beanie), but one guy decided to put his cap back on before we had even got upstairs, and we all got thrown out. So basically I avoid the snootier areas of London.
Wed 27/02/08 at 12:50
"possibly impossible"
Primark is awful, but PC World and Currys are ok if you know what you're looking for. Sometimes they have some good bargains. I've noticed that the staff in the help section of PC World have actually been getting better in the knowledge department too.

I don't think there is anywhere I really try to avoid. A lot of my ahopping is on the internet now, though, apart from food, most of the shops I just use for looking at products and being able to physically check them out.
Wed 27/02/08 at 12:47
"possibly impossible"
hippyman wrote:
> I tend to avoid girls clothes shops as well, but I guess there's
> an obvious reason behind that!

You were banned from the lingerie section?
Wed 27/02/08 at 10:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Morrisons for me. Used to shop in Safeway, but now it's been taken over, I avoid it.

The Lawns pub in my town of Yate as the staff were really rude to a group of us once and kicked one of our group out as his ID had expired by one day! (Apparently your date of birth and appearance radically changes immediately once your passport expires).

I tend to avoid girls clothes shops as well, but I guess there's an obvious reason behind that!
Wed 27/02/08 at 10:09
Regular
Dixons/Currys/PC World - Would never purchase from these stores, the staffies have no knowledge of what they're selling.

Primark - My girlfriend loves it, but it can get so crowded. After opening it ends up looking like a charity shop with clothes all over the place and on the floor.

Toys R Us - I don't know why this is on my list, it's great to go there if you're a kid or a big kid like me but the prices are so terrible I would never buy anything. Its more of a day out to see the latest toys. :D

Independant Book Stores - I just feel sooo guilty looking around and not buying that book I was reading at it's full retail price! No book should cost over £15 that's just wrong.

Subway - Very expensive and I always get the sandwich guy who doesnt care what I have and has no suggestions. Perhaps too much choice is a bad thing? Still you can get some nice subs if you go through all the hassle.

Sport Stores - I have no business going to any of these stores, I love sports I'm just not a fan of these stores, they seem far too pricey.

Who else has got a list they'd like to share?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.