GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shops you avoid using?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/08 at 10:09
Regular
Dixons/Currys/PC World - Would never purchase from these stores, the staffies have no knowledge of what they're selling.

Primark - My girlfriend loves it, but it can get so crowded. After opening it ends up looking like a charity shop with clothes all over the place and on the floor.

Toys R Us - I don't know why this is on my list, it's great to go there if you're a kid or a big kid like me but the prices are so terrible I would never buy anything. Its more of a day out to see the latest toys. :D

Independant Book Stores - I just feel sooo guilty looking around and not buying that book I was reading at it's full retail price! No book should cost over £15 that's just wrong.

Subway - Very expensive and I always get the sandwich guy who doesnt care what I have and has no suggestions. Perhaps too much choice is a bad thing? Still you can get some nice subs if you go through all the hassle.

Sport Stores - I have no business going to any of these stores, I love sports I'm just not a fan of these stores, they seem far too pricey.

Who else has got a list they'd like to share?
Fri 29/02/08 at 18:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
Subway?! In the summer, me and my friends practically lived there for lunch! Sooo tasty =D
Wed 27/02/08 at 17:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I can't say I avoid any shops but then I don't really have the money to go shopping. I don't like shopping that much. I only like it when I go shopping for something for me, like games but then you can buy games much cheaper online.
Wed 27/02/08 at 17:36
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
As an ex-employee, can quite safely say that GAME are pretty expensive most of the time. Trade-ins are poor as well, unless on a special trade in offer.

*thinks back to the quids in promotion where every game traded in gave an extra pound in trade-in value. Got rid of my entire Xbox collection netting an extra £50 on top of the usual value*
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:49
Regular
"cachoo"
I don't think I avoid any shops. Although, yeah, I agree with Nin about HMV. Their prices are just ridiculous when you compare them to places like cdwow.
I liked Fopp a lot which closed down in my town and then reopened a few months later with a new name, "Impulse".
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I hope to find a girlfriend who isn't mad about shopping. I'm hoping to retire from the bag-carrier profession...

But if not, I'll have to try your technique to keep it interesting!
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:08
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I tend to avoid shopping all together, luckily my girlfriend doesn't really like it either. When we do have to shop we try and keep sane by attempting to embarrass each other by saying stuff out loud. Fun times, though the looks you can get... :-P
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pb wrote:
> hippyman wrote:
> I tend to avoid girls clothes shops as well, but I guess
> there's
> an obvious reason behind that!
>
> You were banned from the lingerie section?

Too right! :p

Well actually tend to avoid clothes shops altogether unless I'm dragged into them. Or actually NEED a new shirt etc.

I love Lidl, great fun to shop in. Always full of surprises!
Wed 27/02/08 at 14:26
Regular
"eat toast!"
Lidls/Aldi
No-one who likes food or cookery should ever shop in there. Cheap tat. Your only excuse is if you're buying non-food stuff. Iceland should be included in this to a lesser extent.

Heresy!

Lidi is awesome for cheap snacks and fizzy pop. Maybe the odd electronic goods.

But apart from that, yeah its rubbish.

Until i get a girl friend or wife, i will not go into a womens clothes store. Especially ann summers.

"Hello sir, are you looking for something special for your wife?"
"Well, erm...i'm not married..."
"Maybe for your girl friend?"
"Erm... i'm single..."
"Are you buying something for yourself?"
"well...no i'm not"
"Why are you HERE? you're not a pervert are you?!"
"No, no, i have no reason to be here"
"Why are you here then?"
"Now thats a good question."
Wed 27/02/08 at 14:03
Regular
"Birkenhead For Life"
[B]The Liverpool Shop [B] - mainly because I am an Evertonian and will not go near the place.
Wed 27/02/08 at 13:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
[/U]Lidls/Aldi[/U]
No-one who likes food or cookery should ever shop in there. Cheap tat. Your only excuse is if you're buying non-food stuff. Iceland should be included in this to a lesser extent.

[/U]Any Clothes Shop That Charges More Than £30 for a T-Shirt[/U]
I went clothes shopping on Monday and dared to venture into one of them. Sure enough, within 10 seconds i'd been asked if i needed help. Yeah sure, because i'm not able to see the clothes myself. If i wanted help, i'd ask, now f**k off.

[/U]MacDonalds[/U]
Just because

[/U]HMV[/U]
This isn't as relevant as it used to be. I dislike them because they used to be so expensive, they still are if you're not getting one of the deals. My real objection to them though is that they're putting small record stores out of business so i tend to avoid them on moral grounds.

[/U]Mobile Phone Stores[/U]
Same reason as the clothes shops really

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.