GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game ideas."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/10/00 at 20:12
Regular
Hello.

Prompted by Dan_UK, I have decided to set up my own games company.

(Although there are many major flaws to it, I.E. No money, no skill, no knowledge of programming...)

Yet. But I will. I have many ideas for games, like the one about the adventures of a boy and his brain.

(Hasn't that been done before?)

Anyway, any ideas of what our first project should be?

I'm thinking of going out on all ends and making a RPG set in space, I.E. Elite, but better.

Landing on planets and stuff, full plot to it, not linear.
You know.

Anyway. I would like some game ideas. Come on. I won't steal them.

(Then why do you ask?)

Just, err, inspiration.

(...)

Right. Either, what you would like to see in the Elite type clone, err, I mean fully playable space role playing game.

So far, on the list we have:

-Landing, and walking around planets.
-Aproximatly, err, 4 planets.
-Upgrading your own ship, lasers, shields, rockets.
-Different routes to be taken.
-Full scale plot.
-Magnificent ending.
-Amazing soundtrack.

So what else? Or what other game should Swordspines make.

(Is that the name of the company?)

Yeah. Pretty good, yes?

(Yeah.)

And I didn't need you once.

(Well done, you'll soon be able to dress all on your own too...)

Well, er, shut up.
Wed 01/11/00 at 20:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's agood thing to get into, I have freinds studying certain topics at college, programming and art design are two, you can't make the games on your own, and grix don't advertise your ideas online because someone might steal them from you. not me, I have an idea of my own but is very basic, some sheep were drawn today, ha ha, had two chickens mapped off Zelda yesterday, ha ha, no copy right laws as we changed their beaks!
Tue 31/10/00 at 22:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
THANK YOU!! I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO!!
Tue 31/10/00 at 21:57
Regular
I am not Antist. And I do not care about your size, colour, or eating habits.

If you can design good levels, and show me that you can come up with some great ideas, then you are hired.
Tue 31/10/00 at 21:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'LL WORK FOR YOU!! But why would you want a tiny ant crawling around working for you. (sigh) there are many disadvantages of being an ant. (sigh) Oh well, back to the colony.
Tue 31/10/00 at 21:28
Regular
Go ahead, the maps are all multi compatible...

Any ideas on what to design?
Tue 31/10/00 at 21:18
Regular
If this is for making a Deus Ex level (as a protoype ofcourse) then I could make it deathmatch worthy too.
Tue 31/10/00 at 21:00
Regular
No Taire. The difference is, I'm gonna make them.

Your're hired Dan_Uk.

Go draw up plans for a level.

I.E. Make a design of a large house, and I'll make it.

Or make something outside. Like a fort. Or a castle.

Come on. I want a design.
Tue 31/10/00 at 20:45
Regular
Well with me working for him, anything is possible (except promises that we won't delay our games!)
Tue 31/10/00 at 20:39
Well well...........game ideas ............nice change to MY ORIGINAL TOPIC! paaaathetic!
Wed 25/10/00 at 20:53
Hello Grix!

How about a high level of artificial intellegence, so that when you meet anyone they will have their own lives and be doing their own thing long before and after you meet them. This has been promised in so many games but never delivered. The computer could keep a track of them so that next time you meet them they could be married with kids, or have even had your kid if you chose a certain route. They could be attracted or repelled by you and this would affect how they acted around you.
Oh, and humour. In the game I mean!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.