GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game ideas."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/10/00 at 20:12
Regular
Hello.

Prompted by Dan_UK, I have decided to set up my own games company.

(Although there are many major flaws to it, I.E. No money, no skill, no knowledge of programming...)

Yet. But I will. I have many ideas for games, like the one about the adventures of a boy and his brain.

(Hasn't that been done before?)

Anyway, any ideas of what our first project should be?

I'm thinking of going out on all ends and making a RPG set in space, I.E. Elite, but better.

Landing on planets and stuff, full plot to it, not linear.
You know.

Anyway. I would like some game ideas. Come on. I won't steal them.

(Then why do you ask?)

Just, err, inspiration.

(...)

Right. Either, what you would like to see in the Elite type clone, err, I mean fully playable space role playing game.

So far, on the list we have:

-Landing, and walking around planets.
-Aproximatly, err, 4 planets.
-Upgrading your own ship, lasers, shields, rockets.
-Different routes to be taken.
-Full scale plot.
-Magnificent ending.
-Amazing soundtrack.

So what else? Or what other game should Swordspines make.

(Is that the name of the company?)

Yeah. Pretty good, yes?

(Yeah.)

And I didn't need you once.

(Well done, you'll soon be able to dress all on your own too...)

Well, er, shut up.
Thu 02/11/00 at 20:23
Regular
I don't know much about programming yet (except a tiny bit of html) but I should master it during University.
Thu 02/11/00 at 18:30
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Java scripts are different things, yes, but the knowledge can be used, there are losts of beginners book swhich i have found useful, no courses are needed, and if you only want it as a hobbie or some new knowledge to cram inside your brain then buy one, they're worth having, even better go down to your library and borrow one, it's not as if they're not going to be there as too many people are ashamed about being computor freaks, not good enough term to explain. Or on the other hand you might as well take a year course, basic, and learn that way, might not be the best, I have always found self teaching is the best. How I passed my GCSEs and other exams.
Thu 02/11/00 at 18:30
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Java scripts are different things, yes, but the knowledge can be used, there are losts of beginners book swhich i have found useful, no courses are needed, and if you only want it as a hobbie or some new knowledge to cram inside your brain then buy one, they're worth having, even better go down to your library and borrow one, it's not as if they're not going to be there as too many people are ashamed about being computor freaks, not good enough term to explain. Or on the other hand you might as well take a year course, basic, and learn that way, might not be the best, I have always found self teaching is the best. How I passed my GCSEs and other exams.
Thu 02/11/00 at 12:50
Regular
"not dead"
Grix Thraves wrote:

> I know this may sound simular to the "bounty hunter"
> thing someone wrote about a while back.

> You can come and help me make it, please.
>
> I need all the help I can get.

It was I bjlangley that wrote the Intergalactic Bounty Hunter post.

Need some help then?

I have some programming knowledge, but not really in the game making environment. It's an ambition though. I applied for a job with a company that makes Java games, for online multiplayers, I think they did historic battles and stuff. They wanted someone more experienced though. So now I'm working on IP related stuff.
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:15
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
if it has bveen done before, find it, download it, and see how they made it, if it's any good it could improve your maknig skills
thats how I made my first game, i downloaded some Snes emulators and games, copied their files and put them on my system, muked around with some details and played it, lots of faults but then you don't expect perfection on your first attempt, and if you copy paste like that, you won't get anything good unless you get the whole thing.
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:06
Regular
I had actually this idea, that to make a kinda college arty film, about a bloke, who's brain suddenly starts talking to him. But I expect it's been done before.
Wed 01/11/00 at 20:34
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Is that copy righted? my team is Flaming Tech, sounds strange now, but you'll be buying our games every time, I would up load my latest adventure but it's an 18(did that myself) and there are some people that would be offended by it's content. A game needs originality and a little twist, but the twist has to be unexpected, and believe me, if you use an animal as the games hero(ine) then you onto a flop, whereas if it's an original charachter(not much to go on) then you can advance on it. Don't know what kind of a charachter you'd make, maybe it would be a young guy confused by GCSes or school life, and suddenly his brain leaves him in search for the perfect companion, fighting brains on the way and completeing puzzles to prove its a worthy brain, maybe earning some money in a drinking contest it could be used to inpress the possessed body? Strange idea. use the money to convince the new(perfect) body this brain is worth having, then maybe the twist is, the brain is so tired of looknig and runs out of money that he goes back to his old body and works really hard to get through his original life to earn loads of cash life in a villa in some hot country with a beutiful wife.
Wed 01/11/00 at 20:23
Regular
Humm. Best stick to my own rules and regulations, it seems.

Ah yes, Swordspines Entertainment, or something like that. That's the name.

I made up the name Swordspine, I thought, but after searching on the internet, I found it to be a very rare fish. Oddly.
Wed 01/11/00 at 20:20
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Thats Ok, but you don't get any money out of it, and the people thjat want to spend time on it, like me and other people here will make money out of it, and you won't even get a recognition, my (ex0 friend has now made £2,500,000! I don't know what he'll do with it, the game isn't being sold yet! things can only get better, If it was me i'd leave my mum, dad and sister and go live in a hot country with loads of pretty women and never has any hurricanes or floods, and settle down to make more games, which i would probably steal from you.
Wed 01/11/00 at 20:16
Regular
The difference is, I can come up with ideas when I need to, and the people without talent, will have to steal them from people like me.

(TAKE COVER!!! HIS HEADS GONNA EXPLODE!!! IT'S GETTING TOO BIG!!!! ARGGHHHH!!!!!!!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.