GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why is this forum now so full of rubbish !?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 21:21
Regular
No offence to the majority of the regulars that use the nintendo forum alot. There is so many rubbish, thoightless, tacky sh** in here now. all these newbies are clogging up the forum with rubbish lame pants topics! I think I did a topic about a week ago which was a really thoght out topic on whether star wars episode two would outsell gamecube on its release and now that has gone about 3 pages back because there is so much rubbish being posted on the bord! so many pointless posts that are just not worth writing have been posted just for the sake of it! once again no offence to all the regulars that i know from here because it is mainly just newbies and just arrrives that are posting this rubbish.

please can we start posting thoughtful informal and enjoyable posts. none of these two line question posts that are clogging up the system. if you really wanna post a question use the WLT post in here or the FOG chat. I hope the majority of the newbies and JAT's read this and learn from there mistakes.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
No offence to the majority of the regulars that use the nintendo forum alot. There is so many rubbish, thoightless, tacky sh** in here now. all these newbies are clogging up the forum with rubbish lame pants topics! I think I did a topic about a week ago which was a really thoght out topic on whether star wars episode two would outsell gamecube on its release and now that has gone about 3 pages back because there is so much rubbish being posted on the bord! so many pointless posts that are just not worth writing have been posted just for the sake of it! once again no offence to all the regulars that i know from here because it is mainly just newbies and just arrrives that are posting this rubbish.

please can we start posting thoughtful informal and enjoyable posts. none of these two line question posts that are clogging up the system. if you really wanna post a question use the WLT post in here or the FOG chat. I hope the majority of the newbies and JAT's read this and learn from there mistakes.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
What?!? That thought you out topic you posted was, in my opinion not that good, sorry. As for the forum being full of crap i think that is a little far fetched, the content hasnt been that bad in recent weeks.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree. But you can't stop people being excited and having a lot to say around the time of a new console they like being launched.

If the GameCube wasn't gunna be launched 'till later this year then this forum would probably still be as dead and silent as it used to be in the late N64 days.
But this would've probably happened a lot earlier had the Cube been launched months ago.

It's all to do with the GameCube's UK Launch and the number of people that read SR's advertisements about winning GAD's really.
Hopefully the new system will help reduce the amount of rubbish we see!
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"rubbish lame and pants topics"
great, well thought out. just because newbies haven't been HERE as long as you, you don't know anything about the majority of them, maybe they just joined special reserve after posting elsewhere. anyway, most of the topics are interesting and helpfull, and if everyone put questions in WLT, then THAT would get clogged up, it's what threads are for, streaming different subjects into different areas.
'nuff respect anyways
(jokes)
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:38
Regular
Pringle stop moaning and write some of the intresting and informative topics you're telling us about.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
maybe i am being a bit harsh! but i hate it when you get JAT that never read anybody elses post! they have their heart set on GAD, they come in, write paragraphs full of a topic that people arent really that bothered about and then never even check the posts replies. then you hardly ver see them again!
no offence to some of the newbies in here cos i know alot of em and alot post good stuff. its just the one hit wonders that annoy me.
Thu 16/05/02 at 22:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
If there's anyone to blame for spamming up these forums on SR or this forum then it's the JATs or very new Newbies, and not the Regulars.

Anyway, you haven't been here long enough to know what this forum used to be like. It was much more spammy than this, due to the number of new people joining up every day, but now that has cooled down slightly, and the posts and posters are becoming more intelligent all the time.

If there's any forum you can be complaining about it Fog (ChaT0, because that is the king place of spamming.
Fri 17/05/02 at 10:42
pringle your a regular but you only registered just over a month ago, in that time you've done 3 reviews(but not to win GAD!!!).I'm a newbie but i registered over a year ago it's just that I have a life outside cyberspace and don't have the time to post so called "intelligent" topics.....
Fri 17/05/02 at 14:11
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
People dont blame newbies for bringing in 'Rubbish posts'
Just coz someone brings in apost thats not serious it dont mean that its rubbish if we all thought like that wed ahve posts like:

whats the frequency of the multitexturer of GAmecube?
Whats the bandwidth of the clock bus of xbox compared to Gamecube
etc = BOOOORING

Anyway whats wrong with some humour

If ur post gets pushed to the bottom
ITS PROBABLY COZ IT WAS BORING AND NOT WORTH READING.
Thats life though....
This isnt aimed at anyone...
Fri 17/05/02 at 14:29
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yay, another SR civil war!

Newbies .v. Regulars

Lets make it a good one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.