GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ongoing story"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 16:07
Regular
Okay, Grandprix and I decided it was time for another WWE Forum ongoing story, and so here it is, started off by GP himself. Feel free to contribute but don’t make the plot too complicated and don’t always centre on yourself. If you want to discuss the story make another topic for it, don’t do it here. Try to make sure you’re not writing at the same time as anyone else too, but if you do you’ll be forgiven. So, read on, contribute, and enjoy…

A train pulls into the station and a tall, dark man steps out. He steps over to a man on the platform.

“Hey Ant! Long time, no see!”

“Hi Grandprix! I’ve been expecting you. I hear you are going after that evil Cong Man.”

“Yeah, there’s a huge bounty on his head.”

Grandprix was renowned as the most ruthless bounty hunter in the state. Ant is a long time friend who owns the saloon in the town. Cong Man is wanted in many a state for cattle rustling, bank robbery and many an unpaid parking ticket.

“You got a place to stay, Grandprix?”

“Nah, but I’ll manage.”

“I insist you stay in the spare room in my saloon. We could remember old times together over a couple of bottles of tequila.”

“Okay Ant, but as soon as I pick up Cong Man’s trail, I’m off.”

“You got it, partner!”

They saddle up and ride over to the saloon. They reach the saloon and hear a lot of table smashing and bottles breaking. Grandprix draws his gun and enters the saloon. Ant rushes in to stop Grandprix.

“Whoa, hold on mate! It is just Starlight, the town drunk. He drinks in here everyday and pays for everything he drinks and damages. I don’t know how he does it. I’ve never seen him do any work.”

“Ant, here’s a fifty. It will pay for the damage.”

“What damage?”

“This!”

Grandprix picks up Starlight and punches him through the window. Starlight gets up and runs away. Grandprix sits at a table and they are just about to have a drink when Sheriff Jetster runs in.

“Grandprix! I heard you were in town. You have to help me! Cong Man has stolen my robot, RM18! He also kidnapped Mojojojo, my deputy! It also looks like Cong Man has enlisted some help. Reports indicate that he had 5 others with him but no one could see their faces. I don’t think you can do this alone.”

“Okay, here’s the plan. Ant, get your gun. You’re coming with me. Jetster, you know what this robot is capable of so you had better come as well. We will need some more help to even the odds.”

“I know someone who can help!” shouted Ant. “Follow me!”

Ant led them to a rickety old house on the outskirts of town. The house looked deserted. They slowly opened the door…
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, Grandprix and I decided it was time for another WWE Forum ongoing story, and so here it is, started off by GP himself. Feel free to contribute but don’t make the plot too complicated and don’t always centre on yourself. If you want to discuss the story make another topic for it, don’t do it here. Try to make sure you’re not writing at the same time as anyone else too, but if you do you’ll be forgiven. So, read on, contribute, and enjoy…

A train pulls into the station and a tall, dark man steps out. He steps over to a man on the platform.

“Hey Ant! Long time, no see!”

“Hi Grandprix! I’ve been expecting you. I hear you are going after that evil Cong Man.”

“Yeah, there’s a huge bounty on his head.”

Grandprix was renowned as the most ruthless bounty hunter in the state. Ant is a long time friend who owns the saloon in the town. Cong Man is wanted in many a state for cattle rustling, bank robbery and many an unpaid parking ticket.

“You got a place to stay, Grandprix?”

“Nah, but I’ll manage.”

“I insist you stay in the spare room in my saloon. We could remember old times together over a couple of bottles of tequila.”

“Okay Ant, but as soon as I pick up Cong Man’s trail, I’m off.”

“You got it, partner!”

They saddle up and ride over to the saloon. They reach the saloon and hear a lot of table smashing and bottles breaking. Grandprix draws his gun and enters the saloon. Ant rushes in to stop Grandprix.

“Whoa, hold on mate! It is just Starlight, the town drunk. He drinks in here everyday and pays for everything he drinks and damages. I don’t know how he does it. I’ve never seen him do any work.”

“Ant, here’s a fifty. It will pay for the damage.”

“What damage?”

“This!”

Grandprix picks up Starlight and punches him through the window. Starlight gets up and runs away. Grandprix sits at a table and they are just about to have a drink when Sheriff Jetster runs in.

“Grandprix! I heard you were in town. You have to help me! Cong Man has stolen my robot, RM18! He also kidnapped Mojojojo, my deputy! It also looks like Cong Man has enlisted some help. Reports indicate that he had 5 others with him but no one could see their faces. I don’t think you can do this alone.”

“Okay, here’s the plan. Ant, get your gun. You’re coming with me. Jetster, you know what this robot is capable of so you had better come as well. We will need some more help to even the odds.”

“I know someone who can help!” shouted Ant. “Follow me!”

Ant led them to a rickety old house on the outskirts of town. The house looked deserted. They slowly opened the door…
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:09
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
"Hey Honey!" screamed the young girl that had appeared inside.

"Aaagghh!" Ant screamed. "Sorry, wrong house."

Ant and Grandprix moved on. They got to the right house and Ant slowly opened the door.....
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
"Who exactly are we going to see Ant?" Grandprix asked, polishing his cowboy boots at the same time.

"You'll see," Ant said as they entered what appeared to be the lounge. "Just to warn you, he's addicted to cheese."

"Cheese?" Jester sounded worried.

A rugged man entered the room, eating a rather large slice of Edam. "Hello Ant! What brings you to my humble abode?"

"Cattle rustling, bank robbery and unpaid parking tickets, Figo." Ant replied.

The man, who Grandprix assumed to be Figo, offered them all some cheese. Ant rejected, but Grandprix and Jet took some to be polite. They sat down on a dirty and torn sofa.

"I wouldn't sit there," Figo said to Jetster.

"Why?"

"My cat peed on it this afternoon."

"Surely you-"

"No, I haven't cleaned it yet," Figo shook his head. Jetster leaped up, and decided to stand. Grandprix looked down suspiciously at where he was sitting, but fortunately saw nothing...apart from the rabbit droppings. He joined Jetster.

"I guess you'd be talking about Cong Man, no?"

"You'd be right, my friend."

"Someone needs to sort him out good and proper."

Ant smiled, "well, we have just the man! Grandprix over here will do the job."

Figo smiled, but it was a sad smile. "He may be as good a fighter as any, but there ain't no way he's beating Congie."

Jetster looked puzzled, "why not?"

"Technology has progressed more than we think. Cong Man lives in a mansion a few miles west of here. It's guarded by these infra-red sensors, which go off as soon as you touch them. They will automatically set off an alarm, which will send out the guards."

"Guards?"

"Yes, and they wield these strange weapons. They're like sword, but they are much more deadly and called Lightsabres. And even if we got past them, we'd need to reach the secret key, which is situated right on top of the mansion. Cong Man always has the other key."

"On the roof?"

"Yes, and it's almost impossible to get to."

Grandprix looked questionably at Figo, "how do you know so much about Cong Man?"

Figo smiled sadly once again. "We used to be buddies, me and him. That was until he became obsessed with this new technology. He uses this technology to rob banks, rustle cattle among other crimes, and no one can stop him. He always had this dream...that one day he would get his own empire, and would be able to rule this Earth. Lets hope that day never comes."

"Well I don't care," Grandprix said firmly. "I'm going there with Ant and Jetster, and you're coming with me! Your knowledge of the enemy could prove useful."

Figo got to his feet, "Ah well, all right then. It'll give me a chance to stop off at the store for more cheese too. When do we leave?"

Ant stood up, "tomorrow morning. Tonight will be spent at my place, who's for Tequlias!?"
Thu 16/05/02 at 23:27
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
"Tequlias?"

The slight mention of alcohol had brought Starlight staggering onto the scene but a quick sound thrashing Grandprix style and the four were on their way again.

"So where exactly do you live Ant?" asked Jetster

"Oh it's in this house"

"Is it a big house?"

"It's a very big house"

"Is it in the country?"

No one was amused

"Fraid not Sherrif, now let's get a move on we've got a l.. WOAH!"

Five mysteriously masked henchmen were in the path of our heroes, there were four tall and one strangely small one, dwarf like even who didn't seem to fit in at all but there you go. The small one stepped forward and with a shockingly deep voice said..

"You three, stop"

"But we already st.."

"Silence! I hear you are in search of the great Congie"

"How could you possibly know that, I mean I know the media is quick nowadays but that's ridiculous"

One of the other four maksked men leaned over and whispered in a rather squeeky voice..

"We have the internet see"

Figo nodded his head and put his thumb up as a sign of him understanding and thinking nice one.

"Enough, you shall never reach master Cong Man, your journey ends here!"

"What's with this guy, it's like he's out of a villian stereotype book" chuckled Ant to the others

"Except that of course he's short" Granprix commented

"Oh yes well except that's he's short obviously"

And with that the masked crusaders lept into action and began circling the five, they revealed some weapons which at closer inspection seemed to be the feared Lightsabers Ant refered to and they twirled and spun these in a scarily quick fashion which for a while hypnotised Jetster but a quick slap to the back of the head courtesy of Ant sorted that out.

Granprix laughed to himself as he knew that they out numbered them almost two to one and as self proclaimed leader for this battle ordered his men to more or less go for it.

Ten seconds later and Grandprix decided he had better rethink his strategy as his men were all fallen and only he was able to fight them off.

Jetster clicked his fingers and shouted "Minnie me"

"What?"

"Minnie me, he was an evil villian and he was short"

"Great"

Grandprix stood his men back up and this time chose to all go for the same man, so after a quick einy meiny miny mo it was decided and the four darted for the one but even so they were soon fought off with Figo recieving a nasty graze and his hand

Ant got worried

"This is bad, were the good guys we don't loose"

"Ready or not, here I come, I'm gonna get you"

"Figo! Stop singing! What are we to do?"

"Hang on I've got it!" Shouted an excited Jetster

Jetster shushed everyone and stood atop a larger bolder and at the top of his voice screamed

"WHO'S UP FOR SOME TEQULIA?"

With that Starlight instantly burst onto the scene from nowhere making the others stagger back in amazement and Jetser quickly whisperd in his ear explaining that if Starlight was to delay the masked opponents in some way then he would get enough drink to last him until next St Patricks Day.

The five masked persons saw Starlight as some sort of powerful threat and all three homed in on him and diverted their attentions to him.

The three heroes quickly fled the scene laughing as Starlight was a goner.

"God I need some cheese" moaned Figo for the umpteenth time

"Look it's only been five hours, we're nearly there" explained Ant

"Oh wait there it is my home! Look at it's beauty"

The other three looked at the house then at each other then panned back to the house it was....
Fri 17/05/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
"An outhouse!" exclaimed the others in unison.

"No no no! Look to your left!"

They looked left and saw a huge mansion.

"How could you afford this? You work in a tacky run down old saloon in the middle of nowhere!" said Jetster.

"It's an ongoing story. It doesn't have to make sense." replied Ant.

The gang walked to the mansion and went inside. They sat down in the huge living room while Ant fetched the tequilas and cheese. Grandprix stood up when Ant came back and looked pretty disgusted with himself.

"Hey guys! We need to discuss what happened earlier on. It was a disgrace. Yes, we were outnumbered and yes, they had better weapons but we should be winning these battles. Plus, the way we ran and left Starlight to die was cowardly. Are we men or are we mice?"

"I like cheese!" exclaimed Figo.

"I've got it!" shouted Grandprix.

"What? The cheese?"

"No! Enough with the cheese! I know someone who may be able to help us as we all know we could use as much help as possible. He works for some guy over in Spittle County but I recently heard that he is in trouble. Unfortunately, he is outnumbered, which means we will have to get him out of there. We shall leave for Spittle County in the morning!"

The gang rested knowing that armed conflict was only hours away...
Fri 17/05/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Meanwhile in the Cong Man's mansion, Cong Man was talking with MikeAll in his mansion.

MikeAll: So what are we going to do when they get here?

Cong Man: Wrap them in barbed wire and throw them off my 30 foot platform in my back garden.

MikeAll: But why?

Cong Man, scratching his head: I don't know...
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The gang awaken early and prepare for the battle ahead. Grandprix checks his trusty six shooters but the only other person with a weapon is Jetster.

"Ant! You and Figo are going to need a weapon or two! We are heading into a conflict to get my mate out of Spittle County!"

"Chill Grandprix! Follow me."

Ant leads the gang into the basement and lights certain candles in the room. The gang look round in wonderment as they see what could only be described as every gun that has ever been invented.

"Ant, we're going to have to have a chat about this!"

"Sure, but we got to grab some guns and get out of here!"

The gang are just about to leave when they hear noises outside. Someone seems to walking round the house. The gang then hear horses. Figo carefully peaks out of the window.

BANG BANG BANG!

Bullets rip into the house as everyone ducks for cover. The next thing they hear is Cong Man on a megaphone.

"Hi Grandprix, Ant, Jetster and Figo. Just for the record, I know this is a western story and I'm using a megaphone so just don't say anything about it! Okay?"

"How do you know our names?" shouts Grandprix.

"Let's just say that I've been watching you with hidden cameras. D'oh! Moving on, the purpose of this visit is for your unconditional surrender. Failure will result in your death. You may have heard Kid Rock placing dynamite under the supports of your lovely house so I think the decision is very easy to make. You have 60 seconds to decide."

Ant gathers everyone together.

"I have an idea for escape. There is a secret tunnel under this house. It will lead us to safety. One person will have to reply to Cong Man and then run to the tunnel before the house collapses. Who wants to reply?"

Jetster stands up fearlessly and declares his intentions to put his life on the line.

"Quick! Everyone in the tunnel! Good luck Jetster!"

Cong Man is still counting after a struggle to remember the numbers.

"Okay, that's it! Your time is up! What is your response?"

"Go to hell, Cong Man!"

"You asked for it! Goodbye losers!"

Jetster is running through the house to the tunnel when he hears the explosions and the house begin to crumble around him. The house crashes to ground as Jetster leaps for the tunnel...
Mon 20/05/02 at 19:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
Jetster dived heroically, rolled over, sommersaulted in midair and landed on his feet inside the tunnel. Then he stumbled and stubbed his toe painfully on the concrete floor.

"Agh, crap!" He shouted, hobbling, as he watched Ant's house collapse from a distance.

"Jet! Lets go!" Ant cried.

As they sprinted onwards, Grandprix asked breathlessly, "Ant...where does...this tunnel...end?"

Ant stopped to regain his breath. "I'm not too sure, but I know that any second now we join up with the sewe..." Ant trailed off as the unmistakable sound of water rushing emerged from all sides of them. Suddenly a wave of dirty, foaming water emerged from behind them, picking them up and sending them flying. They made no secret of this.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

"OH MY GAWD!!"

"MY BOXERS ARE COMING OFF!!"

"IS THERE ANY CHEESE IN HERE!?"

Their screams were cut short however, as they smashed into a wall.

"Ouch."

The water travelled through another tunnel to their left, and once they'd recovered Ant told them to go into the same tunnel. Fortunately, the water was not set to return for another ten minutes or so, so they quickly made their way down.

They came to a small ladder, which led to an opening above them. They climbed it, and were greeted by the warm sunshine. They were stood on a road, which fortunately, led straight to Spittle County.

"Well, lead on, Grandprix."

Grandprix took the lead, and then began to explain the trouble his friend was in...
Tue 21/05/02 at 13:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
"So, what trouble is your mate in? What's his name?" asked Ant inquiringly.

"His name is Ice Blaster. He used to be my partner many years ago but always had a desire to settle down.

On our travels, we met a nice man who kindly gave us a place to stay. He commented on that he was looking for someone to work for him. Ice Blaster offered his services and he accepted. I continued my work leaving him behind. Unfortunately, the owner got shot in a shoot out by bandits who wanted his land.

Ice Blaster is now in slavery. He'll help us if we can get him out. He smuggled out word that there is about 6-7 bandits outside the house and 2 inside the house. We'll have to take most of them, if not all of them, to get him out!"

"At least we don't have to worry about Cong Man for a bit. He thinks we're dead."

----------------------------

Meanwhile, Cong Man and his gang are searching through the rubble.

"Come on Cong Man! Let it go! They're dead!" said MikeAll despairingly.

"If they are dead, they should be easy to catch! Keep searching!"

Cong Man steps on a weak area and falls through into the tunnel entrance. He lights a match and sees various sized footprints.

"Damn! THEY ARE STILL ALIVE!! Saddle up men! We've got people to kill!"

-----------------------------

Back on the road, the gang are discussing how the land is laid out where Ice Blaster is and plans on how to get Ice Blaster out...
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
"Well, the entrance to the house is a long road which is surrounded by trees. This gives us a great hiding area. At the end of the roadway is a barn to the left and the house to the left. Behind the house is a garden and behind that is a huge field. The crop should be quite tall by now. Behind the field is the workers houses, more likely slaves now. This is probably where Ice Blaster is. Unfortunately, the trees don't offer us a direct route. We will have to go past the house, through the field and find ourselves a place to hide."

"Sounds like we are in for quite an adventure!" said Jetster.

"What can we expect?" asked Figo nervously.

"From what I can gather, there are guards littered all over the place. There will probably be 2 on the front gate so we will have to pick them off."

"Come on gang! We can do this!" Ant said as he tried to lift the spirits.

The gang finally arrived and took cover behind nearby rocks. As predicted, there was two people on the gate.

"We can't let anyone find out that we are attacking. If they do, we could be up to our eyeballs in bad guys!"

"We need a plan." said Ant. "Figo, you've got the strategic brain. We will follow your lead."

Figo explained his plan of action and the gang began their attack...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.