GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics or Games???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 20:37
Regular
Why is everyone going on about the graphics? it's the games that make a good console!!!
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:37
Why is everyone going on about the graphics? it's the games that make a good console!!!
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:39
amen the games are not just about grathics cos it get annoying say if they release a new console and it cosed £200 and releasd two month after the latest
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:42
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I agree with you mate. A good example of this (in my experience) is an old game on the N64 called Body Harvest. It was a 3rd person shooter and you could drive around in veichles etc while taking out Aliens. Now the grahpics looked like something from a PS, it also had the odd hitch at times but the game was great!
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:49
Regular
So, given the choice of playing a game (say SSBM) in full colour with high res textures or spectrum style color with blocky low res textrues, you are telling me that you don't care which one you would get if they played the same? What complete bolloks.

If you had to buy one or the other, and they cost the same, you would go for the better looking version every time. Therefore, it is the graphics and not just the game that influences people.

A wasted argument there I think. You lose.
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:49
Regular
Eses wrote:
> amen the games are not just about grathics cos it get annoying say if
> they release a new console and it cosed £200 and releasd two
> month after the latest

Learn to spell and speak English next time.
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It would have to be the game!!!

Look at Yoshi on the N64. Not much graphics there
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:32
Gameplay is what makes a game good not the graphics, although good graphics are necessary in this day and age cos so many people think, "That Game looks Crap" Having never played it how do they know it is bad.
I agree about Body Harvest and Yoshi on the N64 both weren't that good Graphically but were good to play. But Yoshi was way to Easy, obviously a kids game but still good fun.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:13
Of course gameplay is more important than graphics but on a GC which is capable of very good graphics you would be annoyed if the next mario game looked like a snes or a N64 game wouldn't you...?
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:20
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Oh BIGMAN, Body Harvest was an absolute stunner of a classic! The dreary music...the vast landscapes...the excitement as dozens of multi-legged bugs mount a hill in the distance, all after your throat...and the really crap vehicles. Man, you've just brought a tear to my eye! ;)
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:31
Another good example of crap graphics but great game play would be the original Pokemon, man that was addictive. Also one of my favourite games is 'Zelda: Links Awakening' which must be 10 years old.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.