GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics or Games???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 20:37
Regular
Why is everyone going on about the graphics? it's the games that make a good console!!!
Sat 01/06/02 at 07:29
I wonder why some people prefer graphics? does anyone Know???
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:42
This debate is a really tough one!!

Sure, gameplay is very important, but if you were presented with two games that played exactly the same, but one looked better, you'd pick the better looking one surely? So, this must mean that in such a case, the graphics are more important?

I really don't care about graphics anymore though. I sold my XBox recently so now I just have a PS2 and a Gamecube; in my mind the best gaming combo. PS2s graphics may not be as pretty as some on Gamecube, but the gameplay is there. Likewise, there will be some nice looking games on Gamecube that suck gameplay wise.

At the end of the day, gameplay must come first for me to buy a game, but obviously when you get the game you want to play, the better it looks, the more you are "psychologically" going to like it.
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Have you like read my work from last night?
I wrote an article on this to be posted in Prime tomorrow!
Better post it now though so that nobody copies the idea!
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:26
testing it works
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:49
games make the console without good games a console would be nothing!
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:31
Another good example of crap graphics but great game play would be the original Pokemon, man that was addictive. Also one of my favourite games is 'Zelda: Links Awakening' which must be 10 years old.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:20
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Oh BIGMAN, Body Harvest was an absolute stunner of a classic! The dreary music...the vast landscapes...the excitement as dozens of multi-legged bugs mount a hill in the distance, all after your throat...and the really crap vehicles. Man, you've just brought a tear to my eye! ;)
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:13
Of course gameplay is more important than graphics but on a GC which is capable of very good graphics you would be annoyed if the next mario game looked like a snes or a N64 game wouldn't you...?
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:32
Gameplay is what makes a game good not the graphics, although good graphics are necessary in this day and age cos so many people think, "That Game looks Crap" Having never played it how do they know it is bad.
I agree about Body Harvest and Yoshi on the N64 both weren't that good Graphically but were good to play. But Yoshi was way to Easy, obviously a kids game but still good fun.
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It would have to be the game!!!

Look at Yoshi on the N64. Not much graphics there

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.