GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Date of Pickup of Playstation2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/10/00 at 13:33
Regular
I was just wondering if anyone had had any information from either Sony of their retailer regarding the date which you can actually get your PS2...????
So far all I've got is a E-mail confirming my order and giving me an order number.....
Thu 26/10/00 at 12:29
I think Eb has the same requirement, which means I could be in trouble, as the e-mail I have is not the original official confirmation. I'll pop in to EB at lunchtime and ask the question.

Fingers crossed.........

Babylonian, you mentioned something about an 'order number'. Is that a diferent number to the pre-order number on the blue forms?
Thu 26/10/00 at 11:31
I think some retailers may be imposing some requirements of their own, though.

My documentation from Game - complete with fancy black/purple PS2 envelope! - states that I need to take the blue pre-order form, AND my letter of confirmation from Sony.
Thu 26/10/00 at 10:44
The only document that you need to take with you to collect your PS2 is the BLUE PRE-ORDER FORM. Also some outlets will require I.D. This was told to me by Sony themselves.
Thu 26/10/00 at 10:35
> I never did get the official e-mail confirmation, they say it was
> sent but never arrived at my end. I've been told that the e-mail
> confirming pick-up date, is the one to take to the shops (with the
> pre-order form) when you collect your PS2.
> Can anyone confirm this, as they didn't sound massively convinced,
> and there was a great deal of discussion between the assistant and
> her supervisor (and they can't resend the original e-mail to me,
> all I have is an e-mail that my order was received and processed)

That e-mail sounds like it's the confirmation that your pre-order was received - in essence it's the same as the 'real' letter that I got - and I think that is all you should have at this stage.

An e-mail confirming the collection date is, I imagine, still to be sent to you - just as I should get a second letter in the next few weeks confirming my collection date.
Thu 26/10/00 at 09:48
I never did get the official e-mail confirmation, they say it was sent but never arrived at my end. I've been told that the e-mail confirming pick-up date, is the one to take to the shops (with the pre-order form) when you collect your PS2.
Can anyone confirm this, as they didn't sound massively convinced, and there was a great deal of discussion between the assistant and her supervisor (and they can't resend the original e-mail to me, all I have is an e-mail that my order was received and processed)

I was also told that my order had 'Collect from retailer at launch' on it, but I'll wait to see what the next letter says before getting over-excited.
Wed 25/10/00 at 14:17
Some people here managed to get a verbal 'confirmation' of a release-day pickup by phoning the general PlayStation helpline.

Others - myself included - also tried this, but were told that they didn't have the information available on the helpline. See the thread "Has anyone phoned this number?" below this one.

It's up to you if you want to give it a go - the number's 0990 99 88 77... good luck!
Wed 25/10/00 at 13:33
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I was just wondering if anyone had had any information from either Sony of their retailer regarding the date which you can actually get your PS2...????
So far all I've got is a E-mail confirming my order and giving me an order number.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.