GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCse club"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 17:45
Regular
I know for a fact that there are several people out there who frequent in this forum and are in the same situation as myself. The situation? I purchased a Gamecube at launch along with several cracking titles, which I just can't leave alone. 'Great', you may be thinking, but that ain't the whole story. For, you see, my GCSE examinations begin in a matter of days (my first one is on Monday, a week earlier than most).

So, now you get the full picture - I desperately need to cram (revise a lot of information in a short space of time) for the exams, but the thought of playing Gamecube at the back of my mind is making it increasingly difficult to do so.

Well, I thought I'd set up this thread to spend a little more time that should be spent doing revision and also so fellow Ninty's in the same situation could share worries, tips and insults.

But, remember, this thread is strictly for the aforementioned group of people, so let's try and limit the 'outsiders' hey?

Alright GCse's, let yourselves be known!
Thu 16/05/02 at 09:56
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Hey cooky, how's the work going now?

It's going pretty well at the moment. I've just started writing my last report which I have to hand in tomorrow, and then I'm FINISHED!

It's gonna be a long day writing this last report! Mainly because I'm sick to DEATH of writing them! Written 4 already within the last week and they're just such a pain in the buttox!

Oooo, me and a bunch of mates are gonna go watch STAR WARS tomorrow though after we've handed in our last ICA!

And I don't think I'm gonna bother going home this weekend. Even though I'd like to get out of Middlesbourgh, I realised that I'd just be bored home alone, with no mates around. So I might just stick around here for another week or two, living the good life with NO WORK TO DO!

Man it's gonna feel good after tomorrow, without a worry in the world!!!

BLISS!

I can't WAIT!

grrr, I want to play on my Gamecube though, and that's back home! Just gonna have to make do with the HUGE bunch of N64, SNES, and PS2 games I've got! HA! Can't be toooo hard to get by! Mainly Conker's Bad Fur Day which is been keeping me going lately. That in multiplayer is just some of the most fun you can ever hope to get out of a multiplayer game!

rant rant rant.... back to me report quick! .... musssttt geeettt ittt wrriiittteenennnn!

:)
Thu 16/05/02 at 01:18
Regular
Hey cooky, how's the work going now?
Thu 16/05/02 at 01:17
Regular
Pah.

GCSEs, A-Levels..?

Monday i start my modulars. *Shudder*

Week tuesday i finish for a while...

only to start working within 2 weeks.

Ah, at least it's only a 30 hour week this year. Before overtime.

Pah
Wed 15/05/02 at 23:56
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
HAHAHAHAHAH!

I laugh at you all!

mwahahahahh!

On Friday I finish for nearly 4 months!

:P
Wed 15/05/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I'm in that situation. I thought I'd wait till after my GCSEs to get a GC but my brother went out the day after launch and bought one with Rogue Leader and Wave Race. I recently bought Shadowman 2 for the PS2 and a feww days ago, I got Virtua Fighter 4 throught he post courtesy of SR and a GAD claim.

I also have FFX coming on the 24th May and Smash Bros as well, and then Medal of Honor: Frontline on the 7th June.

I haven't even begun to revise yet! But I have another week or so. On Monday I have RE but you can't revise for RE and it's easy anyway. then on Wednesday and Friday, I have German exams which I also don;'t plan to revise for. I'll do fine in them. However, the following week is when the real exams begin.

It's just really hard to revise when you know you have a gigantic selection of DVDs, a PS2, a GameCube, a big book entitled Lord of the Rings and a large TV in the room next door. Revising is a distant 5th place! But it has to be done!

And I'm going through a multiplayer phase on my PS2 at the moment. I just ordered the multitap and 2 pads from SR and I was about to order Twisted Metal Black for 20 quid from Dixons.....except they don;t have it anymore!! Now I'm looknig at Winback (which I had on the N64 as well), Unreal or TimeSplitters. Oh how I wish I had infinite money!
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:59
Regular
">:)"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Well actually, this first exam on Monday is particularly early because
> it's my Maths A-level! I got an A* in GCSE maths a year early than
> most, and so started the A-level course a year earlier than most! :P

I did fast track maths too, and got an A at gcse. Then I did maths AS, and got a D. Oh well :/ i hate maths anyway.
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:53
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Time to show off

(Great)

When I did my A Levels Perfect Dark was coming out, (Wah!) but luckily (sort of) it was delayed and missed the bulk of my exams.

YAY!
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:50
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Well actually, this first exam on Monday is particularly early because it's my Maths A-level! I got an A* in GCSE maths a year early than most, and so started the A-level course a year earlier than most! :P
Wed 15/05/02 at 17:58
Regular
">:)"
YOu think u GCSE types have got it hard, I'm meant to be doing my A-levels, and with Smash broths only 2 weeks away, I dont think I am gonna help my grades.

And I need a BBC to get into UEA. O well..
Wed 15/05/02 at 17:45
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I know for a fact that there are several people out there who frequent in this forum and are in the same situation as myself. The situation? I purchased a Gamecube at launch along with several cracking titles, which I just can't leave alone. 'Great', you may be thinking, but that ain't the whole story. For, you see, my GCSE examinations begin in a matter of days (my first one is on Monday, a week earlier than most).

So, now you get the full picture - I desperately need to cram (revise a lot of information in a short space of time) for the exams, but the thought of playing Gamecube at the back of my mind is making it increasingly difficult to do so.

Well, I thought I'd set up this thread to spend a little more time that should be spent doing revision and also so fellow Ninty's in the same situation could share worries, tips and insults.

But, remember, this thread is strictly for the aforementioned group of people, so let's try and limit the 'outsiders' hey?

Alright GCse's, let yourselves be known!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.