GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCse club"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 17:45
Regular
I know for a fact that there are several people out there who frequent in this forum and are in the same situation as myself. The situation? I purchased a Gamecube at launch along with several cracking titles, which I just can't leave alone. 'Great', you may be thinking, but that ain't the whole story. For, you see, my GCSE examinations begin in a matter of days (my first one is on Monday, a week earlier than most).

So, now you get the full picture - I desperately need to cram (revise a lot of information in a short space of time) for the exams, but the thought of playing Gamecube at the back of my mind is making it increasingly difficult to do so.

Well, I thought I'd set up this thread to spend a little more time that should be spent doing revision and also so fellow Ninty's in the same situation could share worries, tips and insults.

But, remember, this thread is strictly for the aforementioned group of people, so let's try and limit the 'outsiders' hey?

Alright GCse's, let yourselves be known!
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
You know they say that Shigsy is a genius. Bad Joke
Thu 16/05/02 at 20:00
A/S geography is easy in the main, human geography is common sense but physical geography is pretty difficult in places. I would recommend doing it.
We went on a 3 day feild trip to Pembrokeshire as part of the course to help with the Technique paper, sitting that tomorrow. Better revise a bit more later on and in the morning, it doesn't start till 1pm.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:16
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I'm thinking of doing A-level Geography come September. What are your thoughts on it? Hard? Walk in the park? Dull/boring? Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:43
I've got my A/S levels now I had history paper 3 on Monday and have Geography paper 3 tomorrow. Along with Six exams in the space of Six days from the 24th May, but the damn Gamecube won't let me revise Rogue Leader ISS2 just won't leave me alone. My parents don't pressure me to do anything they said
"You chose to go back so you choose whether you do any work or not."
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:31
im revisin rite now, on my study leave. i got my first exam on monday - office apps practical, shoudl be pretty easy =) i managed to pull myself away from rogue leader enough to revise tho!
Thu 16/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
"Baros!!!"
My GCSE's start on Monday too...Don't you wish that there was an exam for Gamecube, like completing certain games to get an A* and all that.
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd be a GCas or something if I had a Cube.

It wouldn't be so bad for me, as I only have 1 day of exams - as I did my others last week. So i'd still have plenty of time to play on it, while doing plenty of revision for one subject.

So it looks like i'll be spending plenty of time playing my N64 instead then.
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:39
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Strafex wrote:
> My mum and dad won't let me near the thing until my exams are done...

As bad as that may sound, you should actually consider yourself lucky! I'm at home today, all alone, with a pile of revision books to my right and a gleaming Gamecube with several AAA titles on my left.
Without anyone to stop you, the temptation is sometimes too great and revision gets thrown out the window, along with my GCSE's!
Thu 16/05/02 at 10:13
Regular
I'm another one of those AS takers.

My mum and dad won't let me near the thing until my exams are done...
Thu 16/05/02 at 10:07
You think you got it bad, I've got my AS Levels (yeah I know not GCSE's but anyway), and I've got to get 5, yeah thats right 5 A's, so I can go to Oxford. I should be getting down to serious revision, but between know and Smash Bros I'm playing Rogue Leader, and when melee comes out, I have no hope of doing any work at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.