GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My ADSL Connection (Pipex Users Please Read)...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 17:08
Regular
I have my ADSL Modem installe, which I got from SR, the internal one. Now the problem is that Pipex tell me I'm to set up my account for ADSL with them like I would a dial-up one, going to 'My Computer' and 'Dial-Up Networking', and dding a new connection, with me selecting the ADSL from the modem from the list and entering the phone number just as 1111 1111111. Thing is the ADSL modem doesn't show up in this list, and Windows doesn't like the files included on the ADSL Modem CD, so won't let me install it as a modem.

But the software which came with the modem is confusin, it's a little like the current thing in the bottom-right of your computer with the two compter screens blinking at you when your on-line and double clicking that opens a dialog with transfer details ... the one with the ADSL modem is similer. It will automaticly try connecting to the ADSL Service, and will tell me a connectiong has been made after about 50 seconds, then jump back to 'connecting...', which is better than what it said before, so I'm guessing BT are Upgrading/Have Upgraded the exchange now :o).

So, my question is, does anyone know how I am to use my ADSL Service through pipex now???
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:23
Regular
"relocated"
(1) Do you have a microfilter on your telephone line?
(2) Have you checked for updated drivers for the modem?

If yes and yes, then there are two pipex nesgroups that might be of some help: pipex.xtreme.discussion and pipex.xtreme.support.

Good luck!
Wed 15/05/02 at 17:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I have my ADSL Modem installe, which I got from SR, the internal one. Now the problem is that Pipex tell me I'm to set up my account for ADSL with them like I would a dial-up one, going to 'My Computer' and 'Dial-Up Networking', and dding a new connection, with me selecting the ADSL from the modem from the list and entering the phone number just as 1111 1111111. Thing is the ADSL modem doesn't show up in this list, and Windows doesn't like the files included on the ADSL Modem CD, so won't let me install it as a modem.

But the software which came with the modem is confusin, it's a little like the current thing in the bottom-right of your computer with the two compter screens blinking at you when your on-line and double clicking that opens a dialog with transfer details ... the one with the ADSL modem is similer. It will automaticly try connecting to the ADSL Service, and will tell me a connectiong has been made after about 50 seconds, then jump back to 'connecting...', which is better than what it said before, so I'm guessing BT are Upgrading/Have Upgraded the exchange now :o).

So, my question is, does anyone know how I am to use my ADSL Service through pipex now???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.