GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DC Games that never arrived"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 00:43
Regular
I've been lucky enough to own an import DC for a couple of years, and i've only just noticed how many games never arrived here from the States & Japan...

Ooga Booga: a kind of 4-player caveman olympics

Heavy Metal: A Capcom shooter/fighter based on comic of the same name

Evil Twin: a bit lame

Sega Marine Fishing: Bass Fishing but with sharks, stingrays etc

Sega Smash vol 1: 12 Sega 16-bit classics... Shinobi, Golden Axe, Sonic, Columns etc

...there are probably loads more, let alone the millions of Ganbare Goemon 176,897 games, obscure romantic RPGs and robot suit-shooters from Japan

It's a shame, surely it wouldn't have been TOO much effort to have released the US/Jap back catalogue in Europe. Especially with the Arsenal/Top Dogs/Dreamcast sponsorship/Front Page Advertising thing leaving foolish 'gooners' wondering what they were meant to be buying.
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:43
Regular
"95% organic"
I've been lucky enough to own an import DC for a couple of years, and i've only just noticed how many games never arrived here from the States & Japan...

Ooga Booga: a kind of 4-player caveman olympics

Heavy Metal: A Capcom shooter/fighter based on comic of the same name

Evil Twin: a bit lame

Sega Marine Fishing: Bass Fishing but with sharks, stingrays etc

Sega Smash vol 1: 12 Sega 16-bit classics... Shinobi, Golden Axe, Sonic, Columns etc

...there are probably loads more, let alone the millions of Ganbare Goemon 176,897 games, obscure romantic RPGs and robot suit-shooters from Japan

It's a shame, surely it wouldn't have been TOO much effort to have released the US/Jap back catalogue in Europe. Especially with the Arsenal/Top Dogs/Dreamcast sponsorship/Front Page Advertising thing leaving foolish 'gooners' wondering what they were meant to be buying.
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:47
I totally agree I would love to play some Jap games such as a dating game just for a laugh
Wed 15/05/02 at 06:50
Regular
"Whatever!"
I really wanted to get the Sega Smash Pack! Would have been great playing all the classics again!
Wed 15/05/02 at 11:21
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Is it possible to play imports on pal dreamcasts? or do you need to chip your system in order to do so?
Wed 15/05/02 at 11:23
Regular
I got the Sega Smash Pack and Ooga Booga on import, they are both truely superb!!!
Wed 15/05/02 at 11:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think I read somewhere that the Sega Smash Pack is coming out for the GBA!
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:52
Regular
"95% organic"
Bonus wrote:
> I got the Sega Smash Pack and Ooga Booga on import, they are both
> truely superb!!!

Have you managed to play Ooga Booga online yet?
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:50
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
YOUR RIGHT MATTBOY!!!!!

SEGa smash pack is comming to gameboy advance! I will be getting it, in the pack there will be three games:

Golden Axe, Sonic Spinball & Ecco The Dolphin!

CLASSICS!

Cant wait till its released!
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:53
Regular
"Whatever!"
Excellent - I shall be getting that!
Mon 01/07/02 at 15:17
Regular
One game which didn't get released in Europe but which is well worth playing is the comical survival horror entitled "Illbleed".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.