GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price drops"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 21:14
Regular
Are price drops getting too ridiculous. What price should consoles be?

My views:
PS2 - £170
GC - £150
XBOX - £250

Also, who thinks the Xbox is a PC, only smaller and heavier?
Fri 03/01/03 at 01:05
Regular
"I see you"
I agree Pheat because then you know exactly what your getting in your PC and you also know your not paying alot of money for cheap parts. I'm going to make my next one, as it's about ime i took the plung.
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:45
Regular
"The World is Dead"
I reckon you should build your own.
for some reason I don't trust the big companys.
about three years ago i bought my self a middly high range PC and it wouldn't even play tiberian sun. I had to stick too this thing for three years as i slowly gathered money and then I made the Pc i have now for about £1056 and it runs everything fine. I have a 1.7 GHz P4, 256Mb ram, 40Gb hard drive cd rewriter, Dvd drive and a Geforce 2 Mx 100/200. (sorry if I sound a show off or something its just I have a bit of a craze for getting my Pcs specs into every conversation I have.) And then my mate bought a new Pc from Packard Bell. (supposed to be top off the range.) cost around £2000. He got all excited bough a tonne of new games like UT 2003 and they won't play on his. he has to come round mine to play his new games.

so in conclusion. if you want to play any new games make it yourself.
Wed 01/01/03 at 16:11
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Havent got the time to build a system, I wanna buy a whole new system, need a new monitor, keyboard, mouse and everything.
Mon 30/12/02 at 01:08
Regular
"I see you"
Plonk wrote:
> Thinking if it is a good time to upgrade meself, what do u think? At
> the mo im using an AMD k62 500 system. But me thinx i prefer to use my
> ps2 for games. However the ability to have a nice broadband game of
> counter strike would be nice.

Wait a few more months for the prices to drop (they drop every week) then upgrade, the best place to buy your stuff IF your building it yourself is independent retailers or computer fairs.
Sun 29/12/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
One good thing is the price has come down a lot. I remember when the Pentium 166mhz pc had just come out and was the top of the line processor. I bought an AST P100mhz system at £1700!!!! Now i see adverts for a P4 2.8ghz system for £799

Thinking if it is a good time to upgrade meself, what do u think? At the mo im using an AMD k62 500 system. But me thinx i prefer to use my ps2 for games. However the ability to have a nice broadband game of counter strike would be nice.
Sun 29/12/02 at 15:05
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
PCs follow a law, possibly Moore's Law, I forget who "invented" it.

Anyway, they double in speed every 18 months.

That means that after 18 months, your top of the range computer is obsolete by technical standards.
Sun 29/12/02 at 15:00
Regular
"I see you"
Plonk wrote:
> My PC can only just about run budget games!

The only trouble with PC's is you buy the best model out there one week and the week after that it's already out dated. It's good that PC's are moving along so fast but from the consumers aspect we can't afford to keep up with it.
Sun 29/12/02 at 13:53
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
My PC can only just about run budget games!
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:35
Regular
"The World is Dead"
I think its a good thing that prices for consoles are dropping but hell. buying three games can cost more than the console itself. they should lower the price of console games aswell as consoles.

have you noticed how Pc games are now rising to meet console game prices.
Which forces people on low budgets like me to buy the second hand games or the re-releases of old games. not only that but game quality is going down. take for example sonic and klonoa or whatever they call. i'd rather buy sonic 3 than klonoa.
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:34
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Why are people complaining about price drops??????? Ill sell u a ps2 for £300 if ya like??? Long hail capitalism!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.