GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Luigi Training"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 20:01
Regular
I was just thinking. Luigi's mansion. At first, accurately using the main control stick for movement at the same time as using the c-stick to rotate direction facing, that was a little bit awkward, especially when you add the occasional need to aim the vacuum higher or lower.
A little while later, by the time i completed it, that realy wasn't a problem, easy to do.

And it occured to me, maybe luigi's mansion wasn't just a game for the sake of a game, maybe it was nintendo's effort to use their flagship title (and thus supposedly most owned game) to get their audience used to using both analogue sticks simulaneously.

After all, it could reasonably be a challenge to only slightly uncoordinated people, and seems a likely use of the pad design in the future. So with this game, they ensure that at least those who have played it, will be able to comfortably move on to other, more tricky games.
Lets face it, luigi's mansion wasn't the hardest game in the world. Or pile of 2 games. You could get quite a long way without any real coordinational ability, and in that time, you'd hgave picked up enough to keep moving on.

Then again, maybe it's just a coincidence, you could, for example, argue the same thing about super monkey ball, teaching people precision control with the new controller. Except it's made by sega.

Thinking about it, it taught intelligent use of the shoulder buttons, both of them, too, and utilising the analogue control, and thanks to the game boy horror, every button on the pad had a use.

Well, maybe not the d-pad : )

So was luigi's mansion intentionally designed to accustom players to the control pad? Knowing shigsy, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the answer was a strong yes.

Or maybe it was just a coincidence. But even if it was, it's cool that it had that educational effect. Within one game, everyone who's played the thing has turned out competent and comfortable in using the control pad. Great stuff.
Thu 16/05/02 at 23:33
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Has anyone done the hidden mansion? What happens?

Anyone got an A grade? I got a B

Oh and does this game remind anyone else of Resident Evil? You know the style I mean.

It sure does to me
Thu 16/05/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I don't believe it!!!! I've just finished Luigi's and I got 99, 870, 000 as my final total!! Well, damn. At least I get to play it again back to front!
Wed 15/05/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Link to the Future"
To be honest I haven't completed Luigi's yet, but I am on the last boss. Luckly I've collected two gold jewels whci is 40 million, I've already got 28 million from the previous areas, I've picked-up quite a lot of jewels aroung the place since beating the third area so hopefully I won't get a bad grade!

Has anyone played Luigi's in "another mansion mode" ?
Wed 15/05/02 at 19:00
Regular
">:)"
I got 92 million, and got a B grade.

THe best way to make mroe money is to get BIg pearls when sucking up the picture ghosts. And to catch all 50 boos, and do the plant side quest.
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:42
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
while on the subject of luigi , how much gold did you collect by the time you finished it on your first try ??

i got about 72 million and something , only 28 more to go !!
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:40
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
tigamilla wrote:
> Luigis Mansion isnt a Real game

not ... a ... real.. game ???

i had more fun , and sweat more with this game than any of the other games i bought (SMB , star wars , and wave race.) those 3 were fun , especially wave race and super monkey ball , but did any of them have me sitting on the edge of my seat with antisipation ??? NO ,

ok i'll admit it's a bit on the short side ; it took me about 10 hours or so to complete the main game , especially when i got stuck , frustrated me that did ! But i still have the hidden mansion and all the gold to collect.
if this isn't a real game , then i dont know what is , this stuff matches that of zelda and mario 64 in my opinion even if it 3 times shorter.
Wed 15/05/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I found this same thing when I got Mario 64 with my N64.
The gameplay-style helped me get used to the N64's new and unique pad, with it's seemingly difficult layout to use.

I also had a feeling that Luigi's Mansion would prepare us for the future!
I mentioned this once before too.
Tue 14/05/02 at 22:49
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Luigis Mansion isnt a Real game
Tue 14/05/02 at 22:47
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yes could be but I think it was mainly to show off the Gamecube's lighting and transparent effects.

That fact that it was Luigi staring was simply because they were fed up of making Mario in the flagship game although saying that Mario's Mansion has a better ring to it no?
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:32
Regular
Tony_Blair wrote:
> Dr Duck do you know how?! f*igging hard Super Monkey Ball is? flagship
> blah blah *pfhhh*

Yeah, i've only completed ad level 30 in practice mode, but next time... next time i'll do it : )
Anyway, if it's hard, that just means you're better when you complete it. Sorry, should that have been *if* you complete it? I think it might be in my case. If ad an ex have the extra levels for not losing any lives like the beginner stage did, i for one will never see them!

Shocktrooper, I know the feeling mate. For overhour after not noticing the button to move the wall back on the room where you free the boos, i was wandering all round the mansion, not knowing what to do. Gave up playing, and the next time i picked it up, i noticed the switch's reflection in the mirror. Just one session before i asked for help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.