GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price drops"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 14:20
Regular
Sony UK has dropped the price of the PSone under £50, while Sony US has finally dropped the PS2 price from $299 to $199.

No UK price drop for PS2 ... yet!
Thu 16/05/02 at 20:34
Regular
Nintendo definitely have to cut the price of the GameCube now as it is as a GAMING ONLY machine. While PS2/Xbox are more sort of entertainment systems...

Although reports say GameCube has been shifting the most units since Resident Evil was released last month in the US. I doubt sales will stay strong at the same price as the Xbox.

I expect it to drop to $150. Surely Ninty woudnt make any profit at $100.

Could argue that the companies dont depend upon the console to make profit but then why would Microsft move production of the Xbox from Hungary to China..."Made in China" is gonna look soooo tacky...
Thu 16/05/02 at 08:21
Regular
"accidental superher"
Cyclone wrote:

>
> The XBOx, after its ridiculous launch has caught the group who were
> considering buying it, and could not afford it, and when that group
> runs out, I predict the XBox to ru into a spot of trouble, not least
> because of its complete lack of brightness on the horizon.

there is plenty of "brightness on the horizon" and also you will have more people buying it when more killer titles come through like UT championship etc
Wed 15/05/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Wobble"
Cyclone wrote:
> As for the PS2, I don't really care, as I don't want one at all

I think you do, secretly. Otherwise you wouldn't keep hanging around the forum.
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thats a launch in Europe, not the world ever!
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The GC has had the most (apparently) successful launch ever, and it is seeling extremely well - Plus I know loads of people with them as well!

The XBOx, after its ridiculous launch has caught the group who were considering buying it, and could not afford it, and when that group runs out, I predict the XBox to ru into a spot of trouble, not least because of its complete lack of brightness on the horizon.

As for the PS2, I don't really care, as I don't want one at all, but I think Sony should to be fair to the UK customers, and so drop the price.

Anyway, back to Rogue Leader, Luigis Mansion and Burnout!
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:59
Regular
I'm not sure about the Gamecube price drop. I think that Xbox might even drop even more if they still don't sell...
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:58
Regular
I think that the GC will definitely be reduced down to $100 in America as we are currently paying less for the GC over here and i think that the PS2 will probably be reduced to £170 as it think that £150 is to big a price drop but just a £30 price drop seems ok.
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:06
Regular
Apparently Microsoft had 49% of next gen console sales in the last week of April. Which shoudnt worry sony so much considering that was after the price drop.

X-box is selling well in the US so a price drop for the PS2 was inevitable. But Microsoft are yet to release any numbers for Europe at all. Which can only really mean one thing innit?

Apparently the average age of a GameCube buyer is 23.

Just thought I'd add that fact...Not sure how they work that out though (little kids dont go into a shop and pay for the console in monopoly money now do they...)
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mmm indeed. You know, I only know one person at school with a GameCube?
Tue 14/05/02 at 22:54
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mmmm... Price drop...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.