GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 22:54
Regular
WTF is WWE?
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:42
"High polygon count"
All lost on me I'm afraid. I have no interest in wresting at all, I was just curious as to why the forum name had changed.
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:35
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> Oh, here we go - another fanatical rant.

A fanatical rant, I don't like what the WWE has become over the years, it's too much mouth not enough action. The WWE is nothing compared to WCW in the days of the nWo and later the Wolfpac.
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:24
"High polygon count"
Webrhyno wrote:
> But also you don't know anything about me or wrestling so don't question
> my inteligence even though it may be flawed in the category of the
> history of the WWFN.

Oh, here we go - another fanatical rant.

I simply thought that you weren't that old because you didn't seem to realise that the World Wide Fund for Nature was and is known globally as the WWF.

I don't recall questioning your intelligence at all. Well, until reading this reply, anyway.
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:14
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

Obviously you're not very old!

Oh, and as for Vince and his organisation... I don't know for sure, and will happily be corrected - but I suspect he is just an actor, like the rest of them, and doesn't *actually* own anything. Except maybe some shares in the company!

Listen I don't really know much about the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWFN) and frankly I don't care either, But also you don't know anything about me or wrestling so don't question my inteligence even though it may be flawed in the category of the history of the WWFN.
As for Vince he does own the majority of the company which he father started over 50 years ago, he owned the whole company up until resently when he put a percentage on the US stock exchange. He is the largest single shareholder in the company & shareholders own the company.
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:02
"High polygon count"
Webrhyno wrote:
> The change from WWF to WWE is totally stupid. The World Wildlif Fund
> for Nature's initials don't even make WWF they make WWFN, thereas that
> of the previous World Wrestling Federation does, so why should Vince
> have to change the name of his organisation when the company he is
> being sued by can't rightfully claim the initials themselves.

Obviously you're not very old!

The World Wild Fund for Nature has been around for decades - before the World Wrestling Federation ever even existed. They've only been known as the World Wide Fund for Nature relatively recently. Originally, they were the World Wildlife Fund, and WWF (with a picture of a Panda) has been their logo since the organisation was born.

They didn't change the logo when the name changed because it was (and still is) known universally as their logo. So yes, they do have the rights to it.

Oh, and as for Vince and his organisation... I don't know for sure, and will happily be corrected - but I suspect he is just an actor, like the rest of them, and doesn't *actually* own anything. Except maybe some shares in the company!
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:24
The change from WWF to WWE is totally stupid. The World Wildlif Fund for Nature's initials don't even make WWF they make WWFN, thereas that of the previous World Wrestling Federation does, so why should Vince have to change the name of his organisation when the company he is being sued by can't rightfully claim the initials themselves.
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:14
The should of changed it to something more catchy it looks like wee on the chat fourum list
Tue 14/05/02 at 08:53
Regular
"..."
Basically Vince tried wrestling a panda. and lost.
Tue 14/05/02 at 06:43
Regular
Th thing is, the lawsuit was only in the UK. If Vince had just kept the WWF slogan out, he could have kept the name WWF for America. But oh no, Vince McMahon had to win, and becuase of this the WWE sounds, well, quit frankly, pants.
Tue 14/05/02 at 00:20
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
The whole thing is stupid, people in the UK are smart :o) We know the difference between the two.

If the Fund were unhappy, personally I think they should have changed their name, it makes more sence, as they arn't as well known. A lot of people will still consider the Wrestling when you say WWF.

They even have the nerve to say people may be confused between the two organisations??? Obviously not true, people who care about animals know who the WWF are, people who don't won't suddenly start caring. A lot of Wrestling fans probably are anoyed at the Fund .... it's just a bad situation, and benifits nobody.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.