GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Gamecube IS a toy because..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 17:21
Regular
...it says so in the manual!

Numerous references to it as "the toy".

:-)

Only noticed it last night while reading my manual.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:19
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Having played on a GC today, the controller is very good, but it does
> feel rather.... toyish.

Ya, I've held a GC controller, and I must say that it's bloody small, and it feels like something that I'd give to a 3-year-old...not that that's a bad thing or anything.

Then again, I could always use it for a toy in...erm...other ways...for my girlfriend ;D

Maybe playing the X-Box in my nearest SR so much has just convert me to an Xy (no, not a mathematical equation :D)
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:38
Regular
"¬_¬"
...and toys are meant to be fun. Nintendo re-enforces their committment to fun. Whereas the Xbox doesn't call itself a toy - result = no fun.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So if its not labelled as a toy its no fun ? Ooooooook. I'm personally enjoying both consoles. Even with the GC around, I still find plenty of time to play on my X-Box. Halo is a game I keep going back to cause the excellent AI makes the game feel different everytime. Same story of course, but different situations in the levels thanks to the enemies reacting differently.
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:13
Regular
Is the GC controller the most comfortable out of the 3 as that is what i have heard but i think that it must be pretty comfortable to beat the PS2 i mean i know it's better than the XBOX controller Ninty could have released an Argos Catalog as a controller and it still would have been more comfortable than the XBOX controller.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:25
Regular
After playing Rogue leader for a while today, mashing away at those buttons my right index finger does hurt a bit...

perhaps a bit too much pressure on those shoulder buttons...
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:29
Regular
"smile, it's free"
What happened to the days when Nintendo referred to their consoles as 'Entertainment Systems'?

That's the Nintendo I miss.... none of this "It's cartoony because we can claim it has more gameplay" lark.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:40
Regular
Calling it a "entertainment system" would kinda contradict the image of it being a GAMES only machine. Entertainment system is more reserved for xbox/PS2
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:45
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yes, but that's what Nintendo should be doing.... at least as an optional alternative version (aren't Panasonic doing something like that? I heard rumors).

Nintendo know full well what image they have these days. They shouldn't be accepting that. They should be trying to compete with Sony. A 20% market share would easily be enough to make a healthy profit. Are they afrais they might not be able to do that?

Are the masters of innovation just playing safe?
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:55
Regular
Ninty expect to gain 20-30% of the Console market in Europe.

yep..its called the Panasonic Q...

£340 on import.
Tue 14/05/02 at 08:50
Regular
"Acid Casual"
er-no wrote:

> Just asking... are females toys?

Dunno. Do they have manuals?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.