GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Gamecube IS a toy because..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 17:21
Regular
...it says so in the manual!

Numerous references to it as "the toy".

:-)

Only noticed it last night while reading my manual.
Tue 14/05/02 at 15:56
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Toy

n 1: an artifact designed to be played with [syn: plaything]

There, you play with a GameCube right? Its a toy ya'll, its a toy!

#
<0_0>
Tue 14/05/02 at 14:05
Regular
In response to the original message: The PS2, X-BOX, Game Boy Advance, Dreamcast, Megadrive, ZX Spectrum, Phillips-CDi, NES, SNES, Atari, Game Boy Color, Game BOy, Game Boy Pocket, Playstation, Pokémon Mini, Master System, Game Gear, Saturn, MegaCD, 32x, Commodore 64, Jaguar, Lynx, Virtual Boy, N64, etc ARE toys too.
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:55
Are females toys......
Hmmmmp...I'd say yes.
Well, I think the gamecube is so much better than the X-box. As a member of staff at sawbo shop, I have played both, and I think that for quite a few resons, Gamecube is better. For a start, Nintendo have been in the consoles market far longer than Microsoft, so they know what they are doing. Also, yes, I think the controller is so much more comfortable than the X-box & a little bit better than the PS2 (the N64 controller was nice too). And also, the games, personally, are better on the gamecube. I like platformers and adventures, e.g. Luigi's mansion, and soon, Mario Sunshine. Mario 64 was probably my favourite game ever (or GTA3), and if Sunshine mario is just as good, then I would probably buy a gamecube just for Mario. Also, another point to favour the gamecube....ITS PRICE (oh yeah, and the size...its not the size of a digital set-top box reciever, like something else we know is).
Gamecube has won me over I'm afraid
Mr T
Tue 14/05/02 at 09:09
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I read my manual from back to front.

Makes more sense that way.
Tue 14/05/02 at 09:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yep, it's called "Men are from Pluto, Women are from Jupiter" or something.

But blokes being blokes, we ignore the instructions and just get on with trying to make it work.
Until we sit on the floor with bits strewn about and phone our mates to see if they know.
Tue 14/05/02 at 08:50
Regular
"Acid Casual"
er-no wrote:

> Just asking... are females toys?

Dunno. Do they have manuals?
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:55
Regular
Ninty expect to gain 20-30% of the Console market in Europe.

yep..its called the Panasonic Q...

£340 on import.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:45
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yes, but that's what Nintendo should be doing.... at least as an optional alternative version (aren't Panasonic doing something like that? I heard rumors).

Nintendo know full well what image they have these days. They shouldn't be accepting that. They should be trying to compete with Sony. A 20% market share would easily be enough to make a healthy profit. Are they afrais they might not be able to do that?

Are the masters of innovation just playing safe?
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:40
Regular
Calling it a "entertainment system" would kinda contradict the image of it being a GAMES only machine. Entertainment system is more reserved for xbox/PS2
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:29
Regular
"smile, it's free"
What happened to the days when Nintendo referred to their consoles as 'Entertainment Systems'?

That's the Nintendo I miss.... none of this "It's cartoony because we can claim it has more gameplay" lark.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.