GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"problems, so many problems"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/05/02 at 15:43
Regular
Basically, I have completed Rogue Leader (I almost cried after that last level. Almost. And I got a silver) and now I’m looking for something to tide me over for the next few weeks, and something with multiplayer.
I just don’t know whether I should buy Super Monkey Ball now (I mean NOW), or wait till I have got bored with GTA3 on the PC (which I have ordered, but doesn’t come out for 2 weeks). I have enough money to buy SMB, but I don’t know whether I will just stop playing it when I get GTA3.

My only concern is that my GC controller has very defined ‘zones’ in which the control stick sits, and this makes it hard to keep the stick in between two of these ‘zones’. It’s very noticeable in Rogue Leader, making it a little bit hard to aim properly.
I know that SMB requires precise control, and was wondering if this inaccuracy might affect my enjoyment of the game.

I need a second controller also, and I was wondering if anyone with the Logic 3 Pro Pad can tell me whether their controller has these 'zones', or whether it is worth buying over the official one.
All replies appreciated.
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:59
"+ suspicious minds"
oh.

:0{ <---mazza.
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Perhaps i didn't explain it very well, but these 'zones' are there even when the stick is not at the edge, almost like there's a D-pad under the stick. this wasn't a problem on the dreamcast.
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:54
"+ suspicious minds"
i rented smb = ) and the control stick on the official controller is sweell. besides, in buper sonkey malls, you dont need to tilt the controll stick all the way all all, and if you did do that all the time, it wouldn't make the soddin' game any simpler.
=}
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Basically, I have completed Rogue Leader (I almost cried after that last level. Almost. And I got a silver) and now I’m looking for something to tide me over for the next few weeks, and something with multiplayer.
I just don’t know whether I should buy Super Monkey Ball now (I mean NOW), or wait till I have got bored with GTA3 on the PC (which I have ordered, but doesn’t come out for 2 weeks). I have enough money to buy SMB, but I don’t know whether I will just stop playing it when I get GTA3.

My only concern is that my GC controller has very defined ‘zones’ in which the control stick sits, and this makes it hard to keep the stick in between two of these ‘zones’. It’s very noticeable in Rogue Leader, making it a little bit hard to aim properly.
I know that SMB requires precise control, and was wondering if this inaccuracy might affect my enjoyment of the game.

I need a second controller also, and I was wondering if anyone with the Logic 3 Pro Pad can tell me whether their controller has these 'zones', or whether it is worth buying over the official one.
All replies appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.