GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smash Bros Brawl - Best Game Ever?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl'.
Thu 14/02/08 at 14:13
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I don't own the game but was very lucky enough to get a few goes on my friends copy. (He imported the Japanese version.) All i can say is "Wow!" It is incredibly fun. I only tried out the multiplayer portion of the game but somehow it is even better than Melee. If you don't want to see spoilers then look away... now!

Of course I first tried out Sonic as soon as I got my hands on a control and wow is he fast. He fits in perfectly and his Smash move while extremely hard to control is very powerful. (He turns into Super Sonic and flies all over the stage) Then I went back to my old veteran favourite Mario. He's pretty much the same with a new FLUDD pack that simply shoots water at people that can be useful I guess given practice. His Smash move is a simple huge fireball that engulfs the entire stage. Fun!

Of the stages we tried I loved the simple battlefield. Playing Melee's remixed menu music and built with no obstacles other than other brawlers I have to say I preferred this to some of the more hectic levels. Another great level was Luigi's Mansion. Hitting pillars and walls too much resulted in the actual building to collapse in certain places. Plus the music taken straight from the game was awesome.

The game handles pretty much the same as Melee and I only used the Gamecube pad. After hearing bad things about the Wii remote control method I decided to ignore it. The music is something that I was looking forward to and after hearing from my mate how many tracks were in the game my jaw dropped.

Over 250 music tracks, over 500 trophies and even more stickers! That sounds like a freaking lot.

I didn't really get to see too much but am going to go back tomorrow for another go so can post more impressions then.
Sat 16/02/08 at 23:25
Regular
"Soul Calibur RULES!"
I played Super Smash Bros and I thought the game was ok but more suited to a younger audience, I hope the new version is good because I am a nintendo fan, although I don't currently own a wii. If nintendo release some killer triple A titles I would feel compelled to invest in a wii.

Mario Kart on the SNES has to be the greatest game of all time!
Fri 15/02/08 at 13:39
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I appreciate anyones opinion as much as the next person but saying it's just crap when reviews nearly everywhere praised Melee and when you probably haven't even played Brawl is kind of stupid.
Thu 14/02/08 at 20:03
Regular
"Author of Pain"
SSBM was crap. SSBB = SSBM + wavy stick = also crap.
Thu 14/02/08 at 14:13
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I don't own the game but was very lucky enough to get a few goes on my friends copy. (He imported the Japanese version.) All i can say is "Wow!" It is incredibly fun. I only tried out the multiplayer portion of the game but somehow it is even better than Melee. If you don't want to see spoilers then look away... now!

Of course I first tried out Sonic as soon as I got my hands on a control and wow is he fast. He fits in perfectly and his Smash move while extremely hard to control is very powerful. (He turns into Super Sonic and flies all over the stage) Then I went back to my old veteran favourite Mario. He's pretty much the same with a new FLUDD pack that simply shoots water at people that can be useful I guess given practice. His Smash move is a simple huge fireball that engulfs the entire stage. Fun!

Of the stages we tried I loved the simple battlefield. Playing Melee's remixed menu music and built with no obstacles other than other brawlers I have to say I preferred this to some of the more hectic levels. Another great level was Luigi's Mansion. Hitting pillars and walls too much resulted in the actual building to collapse in certain places. Plus the music taken straight from the game was awesome.

The game handles pretty much the same as Melee and I only used the Gamecube pad. After hearing bad things about the Wii remote control method I decided to ignore it. The music is something that I was looking forward to and after hearing from my mate how many tracks were in the game my jaw dropped.

Over 250 music tracks, over 500 trophies and even more stickers! That sounds like a freaking lot.

I didn't really get to see too much but am going to go back tomorrow for another go so can post more impressions then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.