GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo2 - cliche prob but always fun"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/05/02 at 12:44
Regular
hey y'all, im first time posta, but i wnt yur ideas for halo 2. I've had loads, and ill post them soon, but i wnt yur ideas for both story, watch the movie after the maw, and u've basically got it, and also wot other things should be included, weapons, modes, vehicles, enemies, locations. I'll post my ideas soon but i wnt to hear yurs first
Sat 11/05/02 at 12:44
Regular
hey y'all, im first time posta, but i wnt yur ideas for halo 2. I've had loads, and ill post them soon, but i wnt yur ideas for both story, watch the movie after the maw, and u've basically got it, and also wot other things should be included, weapons, modes, vehicles, enemies, locations. I'll post my ideas soon but i wnt to hear yurs first
Sat 11/05/02 at 12:56
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Well a multiplayer with bots would be a welcome addition for those of erm, 'you' with no friends :-)

A proper online mode, map editor, more vehicles (though I foudn those in the first game amazing). Loads of weapons, more races (as in Covenant, Flood etc) and a huge battlefield level - kind of like 'The Silent Cartographer' but with loads more units and a longer play time.

And that's about it at the moment... Oh yeah, bullet time? But that may just be crap!! A third person view? Not that I'd use it, as I'm a FPS freak.
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:02
Regular
Ideas, part 1: sorry about the legnth of it, i play halo a lot and i have built up many ideas
Its obvious what will happen in the next halo story wise, at least to some extent. From watching the ending sequence you can guess that master chief will return to halo and look for survivors, while 343, last seen headed off into the solar system, will perhaps go to earth, seeing as though he dicsovered all that information before you blew the pillar of autumn up. In halo 2, you should definitely go to earth, which means loads of marines, more human vehicles (a two man plane would be good, lik the scorpion, one man flying and shooting, while another with a different weapon, he could be shooting backwards, against enemy fire, more aerial dogfights are a must) and more human weapons, ie mini-gun and flamethrower definite. I think another type of alien should be introduced, as well as the droids and covenant, and there should be no return of the flood, it would be stupid, unless one got caught on the craft that you fled in, which is always lame for a twist.
Because of the destruction of the covenant on halo, well at least the army that where there, then more covenant would try and get revenge, and that means more plasma weapons, and hopefully bringing in the heavy vehicles, which should be driveable, the alien tank would have been cool to drive.
Also, if a new alien race is introduced, that means their technology.
I think a target range would be good, to build up your skills, like the one in perfect dark.
For multi-player:
Bots are def, but that has been said many times before.
Aerial vehicles should be included, because dogfights are always fun.
Some people say that you should see stats, but that would be stupid, because just play the maw and see if you could really count how many aliens you've killed.
It should be made illegal for it not to use xbox live, and you should be able to have more than one person helping you in co-op, so it should use both xbox live, and also system link. having four xbox consoles, all playing co-op would be so fun.
Oh well, time to play more halo, think fo more ideas.
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:06
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Some good ideas there. The only thing that 'puzzled' me, was about you saying that Master Chief would return to Halo to look for survivors.

But on the last FMV they said that there were no survivors, and the planet's totally destroyed. I may be wrong though :-)
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:16
Regular
at the final fmv, cortana said 'we had to do that, we destroyed an entire covenant army, and the flood' she also says that she cant see any surviviors by searching (but u saw how big halo was especially assault on the control room has she searched the entire structure) then, master chief takes the controls and he says its only just started, he takes his helmet off, which looks interesting, makes him less cyborgy, neway, i reckon there is some1 who survived, not all the marines died, and some of halo was destroyed. u may return and find like 1 marine because not all of halo was destroyed. there were bits floating off into space that werer 10000 times bigger than your ship, and people could be on them. i reckon there are some marines still alive, not many of course, but some. any way, wishful thinking alert, i hope echo 4-19 survives in some surprising twist, which is 100% impossible, but i thought it was cruel of them to kill her off, because she helped u throughout the whole game, then she died. she def died, but i wish there was someway she didnt. oh well, stay tuned for part 2 of ideas
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:33
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Gr8 topic, lets hope Bungie read some of our ideas and take heed!

Ok, my most anticipated requests to Bungie would:

1) Be able to control your marines - Be able to tell them to follow you or to flank you or even hide.
2) Intereact with your marines an make vital decisions - I dont want this to be like a roleplay game, but it would be good if marines could ask you what to do next and you can choose the right decision, whether to go ahead and secure the area or go back nd help your marines. Different choices could affect different cutscenes you get!
3) Fly your own drop ship - You can fly where you like and drop off as many marines as you like!

4) New weapons - Mini gun, Flame thrower, AND BE ABLE TO USE THE PLASMA SWORDS!!! Also som new granades and more futuristic weapons! Also it would be good to use the guns that the hunters use.

5) New methods of transport - ships on water! And be able to take control of the covenant mortar tanks! Any other sort of inventive transport would be greatfully recieved by me!

6) Less repetition - Some areas on the 'assault on the control room', level did get a bit repatitive... please dont include endless streams of the same room again Bungie!

7) Longer game - More gameplay time, the other game was a bit too short!

8) Improved graphics & New areas - COME ON, LETS REALLY PUSH THE XBOX TO ITS LIMITS!!! When I mean new areas, you could also be able to fight in forests or even visit new planets and fight!!!

9) Better AI - let your marines be able to fly banshees and let them drive the jeeps so that you can take control of the machine guns on the back. Marines, could also hide behind rocks more and not act like targets to the covenant. Also, when i say better AI, I also mean they have more thigns to say aswell, hearing the marines talk adds realism to the game! ALSO... LETS HAVE MORE MARINES!!! AND LESS SOLO LEVELS TO DO ON YOUR OWN, I LOVE WORKING WITH THE MARINES!!!

10) New enemies (get rid of the flood!) - Bring on more intelligent enemies like the convenant!!! The flood just ran towards you, not many use of tactics were required! I want intelligence.

Some of these things are a bit ambitious.. but not impossible... if these ten requests make it onto Halo 2.... I think I will cry! Because it really would make the perfect game! Im going to go off now and dream of Halo 2!

Console_Kid.
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:37
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Shall we have some "**---SPOILER ALERTS---**" in this topic?

'Cause if I hadn't played and finished Halo I would be pretty annoyed at the moment!!
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:45
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Oh..... AND BRING BACK CAPTAIN KEYES!! lol.

I thought captain Keyes woz da man! HE was really tough and I thought he added a bit of character to Halo, if only they could have found a way of restoring him after he was turned into a flood!!

I agree, Echo 4-19 and Foehammer should not have gone, they are words I got used to in Halo, and not hearing them again in Halo 2 would sound strange!

ANOTEHR POINT WHICH WOULD BE GREAT!!! - Someone already said, this include more scenes like the one in the beginning of the Slient Cartograpger where you are against waves of Covenant like proper war scenes! If Halo contained more battles like those, I would fell like real war!!!!

Phew, there are sooo many good ideas that could be included in Halo 2.
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I remember posting ideas for Halo 2 which people no doubt will remember, so I won't bore you all with them again. ;-)) I get into brainstorming quite a bit when I start. ;-))
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
savatt1668 wrote:
> I remember posting ideas for Halo 2 which people no doubt will
> remember, so I won't bore you all with them again. ;-)) I get into
> brainstorming quite a bit when I start. ;-))

Whats that then? Aliens again? Kill them.. big world.
*yawn*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.