GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"has anyone got both gameube and xbox and will give a NON BIURST opinion!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 21:50
Regular
now gamecube is actually out i would really like to know if it does level up to the x box or even better it!
if anybody has both consoles tell me what you think. I dont want anybody coming in here shouting gamecube rules or xbox sucks!!!!
please lets have strict non biurst opinions from owners of both consoles or who have neither of them but have played on both of them.
Fri 10/05/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
now gamecube is actually out i would really like to know if it does level up to the x box or even better it!
if anybody has both consoles tell me what you think. I dont want anybody coming in here shouting gamecube rules or xbox sucks!!!!
please lets have strict non biurst opinions from owners of both consoles or who have neither of them but have played on both of them.
Sat 11/05/02 at 01:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
LOL, ROFL biurst....genius.
Sat 11/05/02 at 07:29
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have all three next-gen consoles (I payed for the PS2 and GC, and we got given the xbox for free from microsoft) And I really do like to keep a non- bias opinion on them all. I would have to say, games wise, that I prefer the GC games, but I do think Halo rocks. Give it time, and the xbox will have more quality games, but at the moment, and I think I will always feel this, I prefer the GC.
Sat 11/05/02 at 08:25
Regular
That is the ideal situation, but for people who can only have one or two consoles, don't focus on the consoles themselves - focus on the games, as that's what is important. Decide what games you like best, and go for that console.

That's the best advice I can give you.

:)
Sat 11/05/02 at 09:14
I have also got all 3 consoles. At the moment my favourite is the GC but I think it is just because I have got it. I think out of GC and Xbox, Xbox for me will be the better one when the more quality games start filtering through. Also, it has got the best graphics which I know isn't everything but it is nicer to play a good game with brill graphics. But, if your a fan of Nintendo games, I think you should go for the GC because it looks like Nintendo's best console in terms of games yet!!
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:10
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
lol, I think you mean 'biased'. WEll I have an Xbox and I haev played a Gamecube, my mate brought hs aorund and we played both.

Main points:

* Gamecube is an impressive piece of machinery and has great graphics and its nice and small
* However the games are directed to young people, the only gaem I really liked was the Star Wars Rogue Leader

*XBox still to me has better graphics than Gamecube, its clear by looking at it, the Gamecube controller seems qutie small after playing with an Xbox one
* Games on Xbox are more serious ones and are not as colourful as GC ones

To be honest, its all down to ur favourite! XBox in my view can do a lot more techinically and graphically, but Gamecube seems a bit more fun!
Sun 12/05/02 at 00:32
Regular
Pringle28 wrote:
I dont want anybody coming in here shouting gamecube rules or xbox sucks!!!!

But Gamecube does rule and X-Box does suck....
Sun 12/05/02 at 00:37
Regular
Console_kid wrote:
> * However the games are directed to young people, the only gaem I
> really liked was the Star Wars Rogue Leader

No no no no that's where you're wrong, have you seen Resident Evil? have you seen Eternal Darkness? have you seen Die Hard Vendetta? have you seen Turok 4? have you... oh sod this it could take forever.

>the Gamecube controller seems qutie small after playing
> with an Xbox one

Hell an Oil tanker seems small afetr holding an X-Box controller

> * Games on Xbox are more serious ones and are not as colourful as GC
> ones

Damn you Console kid stop it *pokes kid in eye*

but Gamecube seems a bit more
> fun!

Isn't that what computer games are about having fun?
Sun 12/05/02 at 00:52
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Heres a non BIURST opinion ...:::
Gamecube is the BIZ because:
-->the pad has to be the best console pad theres eva been
and Rogu Leader shows that even a first generation game can squeeze mad polygons out of the cube, which is a good thing coz it means it takes less tyme for the programmers (bless em) to get to grips with all the migikitty wotsits that live inside the gamecube...===More games ,and u dont end up with a retired pentium halfwit computer (xbox).
Coz although the Gamecube only has a 405 MHZ processor, it processes information in a completly diffrent way == equiv of a pentium III 900 ==
!!!!
If u dont believe this look at how the mighty MAC G4 processors compare to the inefficient pentiums which havea much higher clock speed but are ultimately slower!!!
So there ... The xbox however does have the added advantage of being able to double up as a brilliant door stop.
Sun 12/05/02 at 17:45
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Another reason to get a Gamecube:
Nintendo has just announced that it is receiving a version of GT4!!!
YEP GT4!!!!
AND ITS GONNA BE A GAMECUBE EXCLUSIVE!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.