GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"has anyone got both gameube and xbox and will give a NON BIURST opinion!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 21:50
Regular
now gamecube is actually out i would really like to know if it does level up to the x box or even better it!
if anybody has both consoles tell me what you think. I dont want anybody coming in here shouting gamecube rules or xbox sucks!!!!
please lets have strict non biurst opinions from owners of both consoles or who have neither of them but have played on both of them.
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:01
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Give all those unwanted xboxes to me.., they generate so much heat that I reckon I could make a homemade microwave and save some cash, I might also be able to use them for ny central heating... U know be green and conserve energy and all that.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
it's a shame you didn't like your xbox...(i would recommend you getting jet set radio future and amped for it)
what are you going to do with it?
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:29
"High polygon count"
I've got all three too.

My favourite is without doubt the PS2, but of the others, I prefer the Gamecube.

I bought Xbox for Halo, which while an excellent game visually, has proved to be quite repetitive and not much different from the multitude of PC FPS games. And now seven weeks on, I'm looking for the next game I'm going to buy, and I can't find one.

I bought my Gamecube on Friday after playing SMB and RL on a friends. Because I had a busy weekend, I've only played on the 'cube for about an hour or two, but it has actually left me feeling happy I bought it - unlike the Xbox, which left me feeling flat and disinterested. And at the very least, there's the Resident Evil game due, which I really look forward to playing.
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:46
Regular
Hey, Microchips, how did ya get a free X-box off Microsoft?
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
RM18 wrote:
> That is the ideal situation, but for people who can only have one or
> two consoles, don't focus on the consoles themselves - focus on the
> games, as that's what is important. Decide what games you like best,
> and go for that console.
>
> That's the best advice I can give you.
>
> :)

Couldn't have said it better myself Russ.
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I have the X-Box and GC and its hard to really choose what I prefer to play on. Overall though I still think Halo is the best game because I've had so much time on it and it never seems to get boring for me. Being a big Star Wars fan though, I love playing Rogue Leader. If your looking at areas other than games then X-Box is the obvious winner. No doubt some GC owners will scream while wearing their Ninty tinted glasses, but even the graphics on Rogue Leader don't match up to the quality you see in Halo.

But as we all know, its games that matter most and this is where things get hard to decide between. Halo is my number 1 game, but theres more games at the moment that I enjoy playing on GC when it comes to variation. Looking at the line ups though, I think the X-Box will have my attention a little more than the GC by Christmas. But once Nintendo release the likes of F-Zero and Mario Kart, I'll soon be stuck for choice again. ;-))
Sun 12/05/02 at 20:07
I to was worried to but i just looked at the games that are being released. then most games are going to all platforms there for saving £70 for a system that plays the same games is great.
Sun 12/05/02 at 20:06
"+ suspicious minds"
ditto. and were is this anouncement from nintendo from? if its nom i will find it. NGC,or any other mag, we will find it. internet, what site? plese tell us, you seem so full of yourself, it must be true!
Sun 12/05/02 at 20:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
well put. i second the motion that tigamilla is a chimp for making things up
Sun 12/05/02 at 19:16
Regular
Gran Turismo games are made by Sony's in house developing team you chimp.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.