GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameaday (Posts)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 15:38
Regular
A gameaday post need to have some content to it to win, so don't keep posing random topics hoping to win by a random draw, its hand picked!

Im talking for most people here who lose decent posts to stupid topics...

Im also talking to philgash123...
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:10
"Mimmargh!"
It is hard to win GAD on the forums.
Firstly you have to rely on the examiners (or whatever) actually visiting the correct forum and noticing your post.
Secondly it must be completely original, which means no console topics of any kind.
It usually has to be houmourous or sarcastic with good puctuation and grammer.
If you look at the GAD winners it's usually the same people who win because they are well known and write funny topics which I could never think of in a million years.
They also have to be long as a general rule.

Of course I am not complaining since I was lucky enough to win after just four days registered, albeit it was in the Reviews section and not the forums.

As a general rule I would say it is much harder to win in the forums than it is in either the Reviews or the Cheats section, though saying that many newcomers have won, if only once...

The fact that GAD is run is good enough to try though this generally results in Newbies (generally) writing long winded Console Wars topics that only end in tears.

And if GAD is changed so that only SR members can win forever if this trial is sucessful then you will probably see a lot less spam, or maybe more since they have nothing to lose. Personally I approve, I mean this costs SR quite a lot of money though it is essentially advertisng for them. Then again you may say that contributions to this site help SR thus even non-members should be able to win, though a years free subscription is pretty good; the club magazine is really well done though release dates can be unreliable.

And can't believe I writ all that...
:0)
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I wouldn't say that this philgash123's posts are aimed at GAD.
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:10
Phi11ip wrote:
> KR would win too much though! The biggest spammer in the land!

I think we should refer to KR as a spam head

The real spam heads are people who have huge foreheads and you hit the on their "spam" with a 30 cm ruler while saying spam its great fun :)
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:08
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Phi11ip wrote:
> philgash123 has done 4 random posts with no real content. Hes only
> been here by the looks of things for today (he hasn't posted before
> today)
>
> Just that I've seen people do loads of pointless posts before
> thinking
> that its a random draw, the more you post, the better the chance.
>
> Could you imagine that! SPAM everywhere!
>
> If it were random, even I would resort to spam. And I can mince it
> with the best of them.

Would that be pork or beef mince ;)
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
KR would win too much though! The biggest spammer in the land!
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:49
"Darkness, always"
Phi11ip wrote:
> philgash123 has done 4 random posts with no real content. Hes only
> been here by the looks of things for today (he hasn't posted before
> today)
>
> Just that I've seen people do loads of pointless posts before thinking
> that its a random draw, the more you post, the better the chance.
>
> Could you imagine that! SPAM everywhere!

If it were random, even I would resort to spam. And I can mince it with the best of them.
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
philgash123 has done 4 random posts with no real content. Hes only been here by the looks of things for today (he hasn't posted before today)

Just that I've seen people do loads of pointless posts before thinking that its a random draw, the more you post, the better the chance.

Could you imagine that! SPAM everywhere!
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:40
"Darkness, always"
the best game-a-day posts are, in my opinion, posts that are part of a discussion, that aren't obviously hoping to be a GAD winner. Just someones well put across opinion on a matter etc.

IB
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
A gameaday post need to have some content to it to win, so don't keep posing random topics hoping to win by a random draw, its hand picked!

Im talking for most people here who lose decent posts to stupid topics...

Im also talking to philgash123...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.