GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Now for ManYoo?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 20:52
Regular
Do we buy more player's or work with what we've got?

I think Blanc's gonna stay on for another season, I think thats a good thing because he has done well after a nervy start. Maybe he can eventually become Sir Alex's No.2?

I hear some constant rumours about Ayala, Anelka (!) & Hofland, but will any of these player come and settle in straight away? Just look at Veron...

Speaking of Seba...

Is there really any money left in the kitty? (we all know there is, but will Fergie be given it to buy anyone?) or will some selling need to be done first..

So where do we go from here?
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Goalkeeping isn't the big issue as we have Barthez for the no.1 spot, and Roy Carroll to back him up. Maybe we should consider it if van der Gouw does leave, but we've still got Rachubka waiting for his chance in the reserves.

I agree that we don't need another midfielder after the Veron effect!
And anyway, we've got Stewart coming through! :D

The last thing we wanna do is buy another Veron. No, I mean for the way he messed up our tactics, not because of his abillity and play.
So Fergie should think very carefully about who he buys, where they can play, who they can effect positon-wise, and how he'll fit INTO his plans, and not the other way around!
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:47
Regular
Roy Carrol hasnt Dissapointed as he?

Sell Barthez for whatever we can get. First season he was class, and he is still a great shot stopper, but he is way too much of a liability.

We should still be able to get a few quid for him. He is still the French Keeper after all.
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
How about a Goal Keeper aswell?

Matteo Sereni is available now Ipswitch are going down.
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:30
Regular
I doubt Rivaldo would be £50M now, especially considering he is 30 years old now.

I really dont think we should go for a big name midfielder now though. Just stick with what we got (maybe sign a winger)...Veron may just come good next season.

Look at Real Madrid, Figo and Zidane in. Huge names...you would expect them to completley dominate the league but Valencia have already won it with a game to go.
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Problem is, we wouldn't be able to get all 3 though!
Think about it....

Nesta - around £30m
Kluivert - £25m
Rivaldo - £50m AT LEAST!!

So on these 3 players we'd be spending over £100m, and i'm sure that'd cause plenty of moans and groans amongst the United Boardroom Staff.
After a poor season, finnishing with nothing but 3rd place in the league and runners up in a Champions League Semi-Final.

With such a poor season, I see the chances if getting these players fading away. Why would they wanna leave Italy and Spain for a club that could repeat this season all over again!???

But yes, Kluivert and Nest are 2 players we desperately need!!
Fri 10/05/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Interesting....

Kluivert and Van The Man Spearing Utd's Attack Next Season?

I hear that Van Gaal wants both Kluivart + Rivaldo Gone before he comes abck to Barca as Manager...

How about it Sir Alex?

Get them Both and Nesta.....

Delicious.
Fri 10/05/02 at 12:45
Regular
Also Real Madrid are still expected to put in a bid of £25M for Vieria.

Thats what the man on La Liga on Sky sports was saying anyway.
Fri 10/05/02 at 12:43
Regular
Rumours from Spain are saying Van Gaal is coming back to Barcalona. Which would apparently mean a clear out of quiet a few players. Including Kluivert.

Also Crespo has said Lazio need to sign some championship winning players "or else"
Fri 10/05/02 at 10:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I never really thought that Steve McClaren's departure could have anything to do with United's bad form.

After all, he left before the start of the season, a time when we weren't doing too badly. I believe he did have a good relationship with the players, and it may have been harder for some of the younger players to get used to the fact that he'll not be around anymore.

So i'd say no, and it was more likely that Fergie himself is to blame, and that we cannot try and take the blame away from Sir Alex, despite his superb reputation. We have to face the truth!
Fri 10/05/02 at 10:32
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Does anyone think Mclaren leaving left a big hole at Utd?

I know he used to do a lot of the coaching there and was a shrewd man.

I don't think Jim Ryan is up to the task.

How about Blanc becoming No.2?

Maybe then we can get our defence sorted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.