GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Now for ManYoo?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 20:52
Regular
Do we buy more player's or work with what we've got?

I think Blanc's gonna stay on for another season, I think thats a good thing because he has done well after a nervy start. Maybe he can eventually become Sir Alex's No.2?

I hear some constant rumours about Ayala, Anelka (!) & Hofland, but will any of these player come and settle in straight away? Just look at Veron...

Speaking of Seba...

Is there really any money left in the kitty? (we all know there is, but will Fergie be given it to buy anyone?) or will some selling need to be done first..

So where do we go from here?
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Do we buy more player's or work with what we've got?

I think Blanc's gonna stay on for another season, I think thats a good thing because he has done well after a nervy start. Maybe he can eventually become Sir Alex's No.2?

I hear some constant rumours about Ayala, Anelka (!) & Hofland, but will any of these player come and settle in straight away? Just look at Veron...

Speaking of Seba...

Is there really any money left in the kitty? (we all know there is, but will Fergie be given it to buy anyone?) or will some selling need to be done first..

So where do we go from here?
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:57
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Blanc say's he wants to stay to thank Sir Alex for keeping his faith and confidence in him. Man U will certainly be up for it next year as Fergie won't be happy at missing out on the Prem and a dream final at Hampden Park.

I hear that the Champions league final is at Old Trfford next year.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:11
Regular
We will be doing some selling but there is always monkey in the kitty at the worlds richest club.

Most reports point to Fergie being given 20-30M to spend.

Yorke, P.neville, Fortune and Irwin Should all be leaving.

Duff, Ayala/hofland/thuram, and a striker/support man for Van will come in.

Hofland would be the best bet for a defender as the dutch game is more similar to ours and Van Man and Stam settled in nicely at Old Trafford.

But Ayala could make Veron feel closer to home...If he does stay.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:30
Man United need to buy some defenders and I think they should keep Veron for one more year and see how he gets on. I think they are trying to sell Dwight Yorke for way to much and I think they should release Phil Neville on a free.
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think we have to keep Blanc if he does want another yeat at Old Trafford. I agree that he's also come a long way from a shakey start, even if he's not quite the World Cup Winner from years ago.

Who's gunna wanna join us this summer if we finnish thrid???
Not is our Trophy Cabinet the same as it was about a year ago, but our reputation's been dented, and we are now becoming quite the oppostie of a succesfull team - more of a joke!

I have my doubts that we'll get Ayala and Hofland now, they'll be happy at their current clubs with guarrenteed places in the Champion's League and consistent form.
They'd only really leave now for the money - Sol Campbell style!

We also have to keep Veron and find another striker from somewhere!
And if Yorke does go, he'll need replacing! Now could be the right time to give Nardiello and Webber a stroger taste of life at the top! :)

To be honest, i'm not really bothered about who we buy/sell - including Yorke! I have faith in Fergie, and we'll be alright just as long as we don't play that doomed 4-4-1-1 formation! :S :P
Thu 09/05/02 at 23:17
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
> Yorke, P.neville, Fortune and Irwin Should all be leaving.
>
> Duff, Ayala/hofland/thuram, and a striker/support man for Van will
> come in.
>
> Hofland would be the best bet for a defender

I'd go a long with that, however the problem with hofland is that he's still young and inexperinced in terms of playing in europe and a half decent league I think we need someone to come in and immediatly give us some kind insurance policy at the back, i.e. like Cambell, Rio, Hyypia

I think P.Nville & Fortune should definatly go, in regards to fortune why doesnt Djordic ever get a chance? I think he has great potential, ive seen him in quite a few reserve matches this season and he's got a few tricks up his sleeve and a great freekick taker, he's young and much better than Fortune, therefore he should be giggsy's understudy.

I hope they go for Ayala or Nesta with Hofland as an Addition to 1 of them, that should get us back on the road.

I hear Rumours of Thuram, but at the end of the day he chose Juve and now is regretting it, does anyone else think he's 'too old' for a 15m buy? I think he's about 31 now.
Thu 09/05/02 at 23:32
Regular
Defenders usually have quiet a few good years in them. Look at Desially.

And Thuram is still pretty fit.

But the money men at United would probably never finance a deal for a player that age at that price...
Fri 10/05/02 at 07:51
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i think we will have to bring in some new players
Fri 10/05/02 at 08:04
Regular
"My head hurts"
I thought Reiziger from barcelona was coming.
Fri 10/05/02 at 08:08
Regular
"My head hurts"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Yorke, P.neville, Fortune and Irwin Should all be leaving.
>
> Duff, Ayala/hofland/thuram, and a striker/support man for Van will
> come in.
>
> Hofland would be the best bet for a defender

Yorke is leaving. i don't mind what fortune and neville do .Irwin should stay.

I hope them defenders come.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.