GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England Squad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 12:01
Regular
Goalkeepers:

Nigel Martyn
David Seaman
David James

Defenders:

Sol Campbell
Rio Ferdinand
Gareth Southgate
Ashley Cole
Wes Brown
Wayne Bridge
Martin Keown
Danny Mills

Midfielders

David Beckham
Paul Scholes
Nicky Butt
Steven Gerrard
Kieron Dyer
Joe Cole
Owen Hargreaves

Forwards

Emile Heskey
Michael Owen
Darius Vassell
Robbie Fowler
Teddy Sheringham

Standby:

Danny Murphy
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:45
Regular
"simpsons rule"
it is serious
Sun 12/05/02 at 12:13
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
They are giving Dyer scans today at St. Albans to see if there is any ligament damage. Doctors took a look but say it is just a spraining of the knee with some fluid floating around.
Sun 12/05/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I still think Cole should've been picked, especially after yesterdays performance and goals!

But does anyone know how seriously injured Dyer is yet???
I saw how terribley he went down, and I fear it could be something serious in his knee. :S

I doubt he'll be ready to start against Sweden though!
But after a bit of running yesterday, Beckham could be!! :D
Sat 11/05/02 at 10:21
Regular
"simpsons rule"
yes i knew that
Fri 10/05/02 at 21:45
Regular
Did you know that Andy Cole is so upset about not getting into the England Squad he has quit international football. Marde Git! :D Glad we got rid of him.
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:20
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Solskjær wrote:

> When in need of a left-winger or two i'm surprised to see no Nick
> Barmby at all! He's done well for England under Eriksson, so why not
> reward him with a place???

That is the only exclusion that suprised me. He was the one that played and had a good game on the left against Germany.

To be fair, Sven hasn't seen him play after his injury as Thompson persisted in playing Smicer and Berger for Liverpool.
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Nigel Martyn - Top keeper. Maybe not the most experienced but he has the abillity to be no.1!
David Seaman - His exerience will be vital! What will we do without him???
David James - Not much to say really. A decent 3rd choice with a bit of experience, and some erratic form of the past.

I don't think Richard Wright would've been the right choice, he's just currently too in-experienced at this level. A good choice made.

Sol Campbell - Our no.1 centre back! Lets hope money doesn't effect him this time! Also a potential Captain.
Rio Ferdinand - Great defender, still young, with a load to offer to his country over the cominng decade or so!
Gareth Southgate - As long as he stays away from Penalties, his experience will be very usefull!
Ashley Cole - Good left back. Maybe not the best defensively, but he can still help out the stranger stuck on the left-wing.
Wes Brown - Glad to see him included! With Gary Neville injured, we need someone who can as a right or centre-back, and he's also young and strong too.
Wayne Bridge - Really impressed me for England, considering I didn't even know who he was before! Maybe not quite ready to start every game, but 2 natural left-backs in one squad is excellent!
Martin Keown - A bit old, but his experience could come in handy. Can he adjust to playing with the younger Ferdinand and Brown?? Or will Campbell and Rio shut him out altogether!?? He has to watch his short-temper in big games though! Look at Wednesday night's match.
Danny Mills - Another good young player who can play at right back or as a centre-half. Looking at the list so far, I think he'll be the one to take the no.2 shirt as the regular right-back.

Looks like a pretty decent choice considering the situations. I'm not sure about Keown though, i'd have gone for Ehiogu. Or maybe Woodgate, but the versitile Phil Neville should be there too!
Too many chosen maybe???

David Beckham - As the no.1 Captain he wouldn't exaclty get left-out now thoguh would he. Even if he is injured, he'd be useless left over here.
Paul Scholes - He hasn't shown his true form this season, hopefully he'll have a chance to do that this summer. Great long range shots could get us where we want!
Nicky Butt - The English Roy Keane. I just hope he keeps his temperment when Gerrard's not playing.
Steven Gerrard - Best man for the Defensive Midfield job! Some of his excellent passes and long range efforts will surely aid us too!
Kieron Dyer - Glad to see him included, but he's better in the centre or on the right, rather than the left-wing position he'll surely be given.
Joe Cole - Terrific footwork and flair, could really light up some dull games! I'd like to see him play on the left handside.
Owen Hargreaves - Brillaint and versitile for such a young player. He could be the one for the no.11 job.

When in need of a left-winger or two i'm surprised to see no Nick Barmby at all! He's done well for England under Eriksson, so why not reward him with a place???
Apart from that, he may have got it right.

Emile Heskey - Despite his poor form we will need his power and pace. I'd like to see him down the left-wing again!
Michael Owen - We all know his place is guarrenteed, so he just needs a partner. A bit over-hyped if you ask me. Lets not demand too much from him.
Darius Vassell - I'm quite surprised to see him in, but he has been playing very well this season for club and country. I think he'd also do very well in a free role behind the strikers.
Robbie Fowler - To me, he has to be no.9 and partner Owen! He's proven this season that he can play well away from Anfield, and his finnishing is something that cannot be ignored! He's also left-footed too.
Teddy Sheringham - Experience and clever play all in one. Could he be the next Alan Shearer!!???

Standby:
Danny Murphy - Not the ideal choice of a back-up player for me. I would've also chosen a midfield player, but it would've been someone more versitile and with a lot more experience - maybe someone who we all know should've made the first squad - like Steve McManaman!
Fri 10/05/02 at 10:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
No Steve Macmanaman.

For that reason, if England leave in the first round Eriksson will have none of my sympathy. I'll be one of those ungrateful louts baying for his blood.

Realistically, this was Macmanaman's last chance of a world cup. He'll be well into his thirties next time round. Shame really, as he's a great player. Almost like an English version of Ginola in some ways - not least the fact that however well he plays he won't get picked for his national squad.
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:54
Regular
"My head hurts"
John Arne Riise wrote:
> Gamecube is class wrote:
> Craw wrote:
>
> my starting line up would be
>
> 4 3 3 for my formation
>
> Goalkeeper: Nigel Martyn
> Defence: Ferdinand , Campbell , Bridge and Mills
> Midfield: Gerrard , Scholes and Beckham
> Strikers: Sheringham , Vassel and Owen
>
> He should stick with his proven tactics of 4-4-2 and Vassel and
> Sheringham should be on the bench and Mills should not be within a
> 1000 miles of Japan and Korea.

i mean ashley cole
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:36
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i don't think sven could of picked a stronger team, great choice sven
come on england!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.