GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nausea"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 10:30
Regular
Playing on my Gamecube for any longer than 15 minutes makes me feel sick. I have played on tons of consoles in my life, ranging from an imported Atari 5400 to my loverly GC. Never once have I felt sick through playing games, but yesterday my GC finally arrived, I booted it up and was playing Luigi's Mansion and felt sick. I rested a bit, had some coffee, felt better. Played Waverace, felt sick again. Same with Rogue Sqaudron. I have just played Luigi's Mansion for a good hour, and am still feeling sick!
How annoying is this? Anyone else suffering this? It even happens if I change TVs!
Help! Someone!
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:00
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Sadat-X wrote:
> Tittawhirl, am I right in saying your tag is a quote from The Return
> of the Living Dead?
>
> OH MY GO, I thought no-one would ever get that yup it is warra great
> film that is.

Ooh i'm good!
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Maybe it's all to do with the fact that you've been waiting so long for your Cube that the sight of it in your room, with the controller in your hand just makes you all light-headed and giddy!

You'll be fine again once you've got used to it - if this is the cause.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:51
Regular
Sadat-X wrote:
> Tittawhirl, am I right in saying your tag is a quote from The Return
> of the Living Dead?

OH MY GO, I thought no-one would ever get that yup it is warra great film that is.

I was gonna have "send more paramedics" but that's too long. Anyway i'm off to have some BRAAAAAIIIIINNSSSSSSSSS
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
Tittawhirl, am I right in saying your tag is a quote from The Return of the Living Dead?
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:41
Regular
Only health problem from Gamecube is neck pains, when i'm playing Rogue Leader from some reason when I turn sharply in the air I can't help moving my head with ship and the back of my neck hurts after a while.

I'm not complaining though the game rules.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
evilist wrote:
> CONVULSIONS

Not yet
> EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHING

Yup
> LOSS OF AWARENESS,

Nope
> ALTERED VISION,

Only when having a bad migraine
> INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS

Occassionaly
> DISORIENTATION

Nope

Looks like I'm screwed, ahh well at least I will die through Gamecube, rather than in an OAP home
Thu 09/05/02 at 18:22
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
well, the first 3 times I played Rogue Leader I felt ill, not anymore though
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:44
Regular
">:)"
evilist wrote:

> WARNING - SEIZURES
> Some people (about 1 in 2000) may have seizures or blackouts triggered
> by light flashes...

oops that should be 1 in 4000. My finger must have slipped :)
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:42
Regular
">:)"
I just noticed the leaflet that came with the cube. It has a few words to say about this sort of thing:

WARNING - SEIZURES
Some people (about 1 in 2000) may have seizures or blackouts triggered by light flashes, such as while watching TV or playing video games, even if they have never had a seizure before. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epilectic condition should consult a doctor before playing a video game. Parents should watch when their children play video games. Stop playing and consult a doctor if you or your child have any of the following symptoms: CONVULSIONS, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHING, LOSS OF AWARENESS, ALTERED VISION, INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS, DISORIENTATION. TO reduce the likelihood of a seizure when playing video games:
1. Sit or stand as far from the screen as possible.
2. Play video games on the smallest available television screen.
3. Do not play if you are tires or need sleep.
4. Play in a well lit room.
5. Take 10 to 15 mins break every hour.

CAUTION - MOTION SICKNESS
PLaying games can cause motion sickness. If you or your child feel dizzy or nauseous when playing video games with this system, stop playing and rest. Do not drive or engage in other demanding activity until you feel beter.

CAUTION - CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
The NINTENDO GAMECUBE is a class one laser product. DO not attempt to...

Oh, sorry, got carried away there. Hope that helps.
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:32
Regular
It depends how bad a case you've got.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.