GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameaday.co.uk - Important Info"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/05/02 at 17:44
Regular
Our unique competition site Gameaday is undergoing a trial in May - please read on for some important changes.

Gameaday.co.uk is our amazing competition site that gives you three chances to win a Game or DVD of your choice, every day! Looking at the amount of prizes given away since its inception in April 2000, over £50,000 worth of booty has been awarded to you, the punter. Blimey.

For this month only, we'll be running a trial on Gameaday.co.uk, so only full Special Reserve members can win the Game or DVD of their choice. However, any non-members who contribute can still win Gameaday, and they will win a 1 year Special Reserve membership plus their choice of FREE gift of their choice! This gives you all the benefits of being in the best games club in the world, plus it means you are fully eligible to win the Game or DVD of your choice next time you win! Any outstanding wins before today will be fulfilled as normal.

There's not much you have to do different - if you are already a Special Reserve member, then just make sure you fill in your membership number in your Registration Details, and quote it when you claim your prize. If you win and you are not a member, you'll be awarded a 1 year Special Reserve membership and a FREE gift of your choice, from our range of over 40! Just send an e-mail to the normal Gameaday address, notifying us of your win, and we'll complete your membership details. Congratulations, you are now a full Special Reserve member!

If you've never heard of Gameaday, then (a) where have you been, and (b) unlucky - you've been missing out. Gameaday gives you three chances every day to win the Game or DVD of your choice, just by submitting to one of our interactive sites. Every day, we give away three prizes - one for discussion posts at UKchatforums.com, one for reviews at UKreviews.com and one for cheats (UKcheats.com), hints (UKhints.com) or walkthroughs (UKwalkthroughs.com). If your submission is the best of the day, then congratulations - you've won a great prize! Gameaday has been running for two years now, and we've given away over 1,500 prizes - that's over £50,000 worth of the good stuff. Again, crikey.

We hope this doesn't discourage you from contributing to Gameaday.co.uk, as all posts will still be considered equally - essentially, it shouldn't change the way you use the site at all. Once we have studied the results of the May trial, we will decide on the future of the Gameaday prize structure and let you know in due time. We hope you continue to enjoy the services that Gameaday.co.uk provides.

-------------------------------

If all forum users that are members could fill in their details in their registration admin page, I'd be most grateful. Any questions, discuss in here. It's not a massive change, so I don't expect too much trouble.
Thu 09/05/02 at 15:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yep, after getting a letter with an SR mag from Snuggly telling me to become a full member, I decided to take action before he chopped my head off with that axe of his.

Membership is valid until October, excellent.
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:18
Regular
"That's right!"
doublezero wrote:
> Alternatively you could offer them free t-shirts with the slogan
> "I JOINED SR AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT!" printed
> on them.

---------

*Smithers mode*

I want it! I want it! I want it!
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:12
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Tony wrote:
> Any ideas (for Xbox gifts)?

Obviously DVD remotes, control pads etc.. are still too pricey to be offered as free gifts.

What about?
-DVD racks/holders
-Vouchers. (For Example, a voucher entitling holder to buy one Xbox game and get another for 1/2 price, etc...)
-More DVD movies.
-Some sort of cheap link cable?
-etc...

Alternatively you could offer them free t-shirts with the slogan "I JOINED SR AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT!" printed on them.
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:11
Regular
"That's right!"
Tony wrote:
> Any ideas (for Xbox gifts)?

------

How about private treatment for back pain, after all, they've all lifted an X-Box and are in dire need of surgery
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:05
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Where do I sign?!
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tony wrote:
We also
> pay £3 to everybody who parks in our car park, and we send out
> special invitations to the Union of Shoplifters to encourage their
> members to visit our stores.
--

In which case I am owed £6 for this week and the Union wishes to boycott your stores, as being chased along the riverbanks by irate (and somewhat speedy) staff members makes it almost impossible to pilfer anymore.

This will not stand.
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> i'll join as soon as there are free XBox gifts up for grabs....... but
> before that i wont join or post GAD attempts.........

Any ideas (for Xbox gifts)?
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> QUESTION:
>
> There is a member who has expired registration, but was still able to
> buy games on the expired membership. The receipt even said the date of
> order, and the date of expirey of membership (a gap of 6 months).
>
> So, if they could buy things with old memberships, can we get games on
> old memberships?
>
> Sonic

Yes - expired members are very important to us, so we still treat them as members. It's been that way ever since will voted Noddy and Big Ears onto our Board of Directors. Other company policies include refunding all faulty games in full without having to send them back - just phone and claim your money back anytime for any reason. We also pay £3 to everybody who parks in our car park, and we send out special invitations to the Union of Shoplifters to encourage their members to visit our stores, with a 100% discount voucher to avoid misunderstandings. We even give all of our profits to Daffy Duck.
Wed 08/05/02 at 23:47
Regular
"es argh"
*kisses membership card

:D
Wed 08/05/02 at 23:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> No shops at all?
>
> Wow.. things must REALLY be grim!

--------

Yes, it's like a deprived country up here. We have one bus for the entire region to share, only two schools, and one carpark. Lucky for us we can't afford cars or the carpark would be full and the roads would be jammed

Please, SR, help bring some much needed business to the north! I have to drink from the River Tyne each day!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.