GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your gamecube first impressions. : )"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 18:02
Regular
I want to know everything, what you think about the cube, what's your worst and favourite launch title and which game do you wish you should of got and which game you wish you didn't get!!!! Also i want opinions on the controllers, official and unoffical and any other hardware you got with your brand spanking new Cube, if you have anything to say {i know you will all be honest} SAY IT HERE!!! Also i want to know your story if you were one of the 1000's that stayed up until mid-night and went out to buy one, a big contragulations to you all. :)
Tue 07/05/02 at 12:15
Regular
">:)"
I love my cube so much. I got a purple one. Its really small and light. I was surprised how smart it is. It can indeed fit almost anywhere.

The controller is great. When you have your thumb on A, any of the other buttons are just a slight movement of the thumb away.

On rogue leader you can keep your thumb on x to keep the target viewer on the screen, and tap A with the base of your thumb at the same time. :)

I got LM as my lauch game. I have completed it once, but have unlocked the harder "hidden mansion" and I am working my way through that. Its a great game and has a lot of replay value.

I rented rogue leader from blockbuster. Its kind of frustrating. Its really hard, and my head spins after the deep space missions.

I just cheat. I wont buy it, its nto my kind of game.

I can't wait for smash bros and pikmin to come out. They'll be great,
Tue 07/05/02 at 00:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> Cube: Thats what it is a cube. Its perfect it can fit anywhere in my
> room
>
> Controller: Like the PS2 controller but slightly bigger - making it
> more comfortable
>
> Games: SMB - great game, the billiards mini game is top.
> Rogue Leader - Best console graphics ever. But extremely
> hard. Cant get past 'razor rendevou' at the moment.

Im stuck on that as well, i cant seem to locate the last shield generator on the bottom of the star destroyer without getting shot to s^^t, its an electric light orchestra.
Mon 06/05/02 at 22:36
"+ suspicious minds"
yeah, i was playing CRASH woc at a mates house( dont worry, we's gettin' a cube) and i got to play 6 levels an a boss over a time span of three quarters of an hour. how far could you get on a game like sa2b or smb in that same amount of time?
Mon 06/05/02 at 22:32
I know there was stock shortages and I am lucky to find cube, but find it disapointing when I pre-order six weeks in advance, I cannot have cube, but can walk into a store on a day of release and buy one? This is probably more Nintendo's fault than SR's, but it is annoying as I have made a commitment to Nintendo.

Something nobody has mentioned about the cube which is amazing, is the distinct lack of loading times on any game. I also have a PS2, some games are terrible for loading (eg: Max Payne, Crash Bandicoot), I hope this is a trend that continues.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:46
I'm saving up for my cube by doing hard honest work (yeah right) and I'm going to trade in my N64 to help knock a bit off. I played on my mate's cube and loved it: the controller looks awkward but it's really comfortable. The games rock, especially Luigi's Mansion and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, we spent the whole of last night sitting up playing team battles! Life is a game.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:29
Cube: Thats what it is a cube. Its perfect it can fit anywhere in my room

Controller: Like the PS2 controller but slightly bigger - making it more comfortable

Games: SMB - great game, the billiards mini game is top.
Rogue Leader - Best console graphics ever. But extremely hard. Cant get past 'razor rendevou' at the moment.

Memory card: Well its a thing that holds saved games and its small.

Overall: very pleased and it will go nicely with my PS2 as the games are different.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:57
"+ suspicious minds"
Protoss wrote:
> cubestyle wrote:
> bobble, you order your cube 6 weeks ago and expect it at launch,
> you'r
> lucky to get one at all! there is such a thing as 'stock', and 'lack
> of'
>
> LOL! I only ordered about 3 weeks before launch yet I got exactly the
> colour and bundle I wanted..talk about cheeky...
> ;0D

you lucky fool!
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:45
"Mimmargh!"
cubestyle wrote:
> bobble, you order your cube 6 weeks ago and expect it at launch, you'r
> lucky to get one at all! there is such a thing as 'stock', and 'lack
> of'

LOL! I only ordered about 3 weeks before launch yet I got exactly the colour and bundle I wanted..talk about cheeky...
;0D
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:21
Regular
"hit the road jack"
The itty bitty cube - It's so cute. I have the purple one, but im not actually allowed it until june8th but i was round my dads today so i was alowed to see it.

Controller that fits like a glove - It's so comfortable, every button is very well placed but my only doubt is the z button placement. I do perfer it on the n64 controller. I love the concaved L&R buttons with the little click.

Games - Because i havn't got my cube yet i havn/t got any games but i will be getting luigis mansion and burnout.

Accesories - I will get a memory card, i have seen then and there so small.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:10
Regular
The Cube: Small, sleek and downright sweet, I wish now I had got it in black, but anyway, the best console to ever the grace Europes shores.
It's nice a light and fits snugly under my TV stand :)

The Controller: The controller is so good. Every button in an easy to reach position, all bouncy, not stiff the the X-Box's buttons and the L+R buttons are really good.

The games: Luigis Mansion: Good, very fun but way to short, completed it on Sunday. I'm thinking of selling it so I can finally get a go at Monkey Ball.
Wave Race: Definately my favourite out of the 2 I got, the controls take some mastering, but now that I've finally got to grips with it, the game is excellent. The water is exceedingly life like and animals leep over you head and create waves so your controller rumbles to it's full extent.
When you get to the waves that rise up to 3m high, you gonna start loving this game to pieces.

The accesories: The memory card is probably the smallest you going to see on a console for a long time and you can easily check out all it's data by turning on the power without a disk in. Other than that I have an extra official controller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.