GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 13:02
Regular
Yep, it's true! Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you...WWE! Go to WWE.com for more info. Check out the new logo (looks cr@p) at http://www.wwe.com/images
/dotcom-logo-new.gif

Ahh man, they've beat the Panda's at least!

Report from themayhem.com

-- The domain www.WWE.com is now online. It is a replica website of WWF.com with the only change being the new logo. However, at times the domain could re-direct to WWF.com whilst they test it out.

-- The new name is expected to take effect nationally on television soon and the name change could occur in the very near future.

-- To view the Official New logo go to http://www.wwe.com/images/dotcom-logo-new.gif

I'm shocked, the logo sucks, and it'll take a lot of time to get used to saying WWE. Why couldn't they keep it as WWFE?? Ahh well.

Your veiws??
Wed 08/05/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Where's SR?"
WWE doesn't roll of the tongue as well as WWF. In my opinion they should learn to share.
Wed 08/05/02 at 17:05
Regular
WWE titles will just be called WWE Championships. New reports that WWF (Wildlife) are STILL unhappy with the name. Still, who cares? Also, WWF WILL be getting a new logo.
Wed 08/05/02 at 16:05
"Uzi Lover"
Hmmmmm I am no fan of WWF or WWE whatever you want to call it. But I noticed this name change yesterday and I kind of thought to myself - "What!"

I read a piece on this name change and I totally understand why they would change it to WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) but to be honest, I found it all a bit mad with the name WWF being so well known.

I also saw a screenshot with the WWE logo brought down to just the WW. Now, in my mind, that is stupid. Add another W on and you have WWW, stick a dot on and you have WWW. That would have been one confusing URl if they were to make a website.

On the goos side of things though the name change is good for wrestling although not so much for their marketing. For instance, I bet a few people come in here ever so often and tell all you wrestling fans how much they think wrestling sucks and that it is all fake. Then we have you forum users making a comeback by saying something like "I know its fake, but it is quality entertainment". And thats what i think the name change is symbolising, it's showing that wrestling is entertainment and giving you lot now something to throw back at the next 'Wrestling Hater'.

For that, you have to give a hand to the old WWF.

I don't know, maybe they done it for another reason. Maybe wrestling just isn't at its peak anymore and is slowly dieing? I don't know, I don't watch it. But maybe that is why they have changed the name. It's news isn't it? And you know what news brings...it brings attention and interest back into the viewers.

It may all be a little confusing at first but it will slowly change in peoples minds and everyone will soon know WWF as WWE, no matter how stupid it looks :-)
Tue 07/05/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Will they have to change the belts again or just keep them WWF Championships.
Tue 07/05/02 at 16:51
Regular
I agree with Congy. All design a new WWE logo and send it on a postcard to the usual address (whatever that is)
Tue 07/05/02 at 13:32
Regular
"..."
Figo wrote:
> I don't the Logo looks that bad.
>
> Saying WWE like you said will take getting use to a bit.

The logo looks like someone has cut the 'F' off. Poor. They should just redesign the logo completely.
Tue 07/05/02 at 10:53
Regular
Here is the new game cover for Wrestlemania X8 with the new logo.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/WMX8GCwe.jpg
Tue 07/05/02 at 09:27
Regular
"Guess who..."
What??!! This could change my whole view on wrestling! This is the worst thing that's happened to me in my life! WWF was the only thing that remained from the type of wrestling 10 years ago! I do't wan to be a "WWE" superstar! Does anyone know how I can contact the WWE??!! WWE??!! What is the world coming to??!!

*Tazz talking to his brain*

Tazz: I suppose I could always fall back on my training as a Stealth Master?

Brain: No Tazz. That's just a game.

Tazz: But I refuse to be called the WWE champeen! NO! No! Noooooooo!!!

I'm Tazz and I tink you've said enough!!
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:43
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I noticed this yesterday when I was on WWF.com. I was reading the Ross Report, then I clicked on one of the menu things at the top which say things like shows, superstars etc, and it came up with some javascript error. I refreshed the page and the top bar said WWE.com. I didn't tell you about this yesterday because my I didn't come back onto the forum. Now T-Devil beat me to it.
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:51
Regular
I don't the Logo looks that bad.

Saying WWE like you said will take getting use to a bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.