GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 13:02
Regular
Yep, it's true! Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you...WWE! Go to WWE.com for more info. Check out the new logo (looks cr@p) at http://www.wwe.com/images
/dotcom-logo-new.gif

Ahh man, they've beat the Panda's at least!

Report from themayhem.com

-- The domain www.WWE.com is now online. It is a replica website of WWF.com with the only change being the new logo. However, at times the domain could re-direct to WWF.com whilst they test it out.

-- The new name is expected to take effect nationally on television soon and the name change could occur in the very near future.

-- To view the Official New logo go to http://www.wwe.com/images/dotcom-logo-new.gif

I'm shocked, the logo sucks, and it'll take a lot of time to get used to saying WWE. Why couldn't they keep it as WWFE?? Ahh well.

Your veiws??
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:02
Regular
Yep, it's true! Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you...WWE! Go to WWE.com for more info. Check out the new logo (looks cr@p) at http://www.wwe.com/images
/dotcom-logo-new.gif

Ahh man, they've beat the Panda's at least!

Report from themayhem.com

-- The domain www.WWE.com is now online. It is a replica website of WWF.com with the only change being the new logo. However, at times the domain could re-direct to WWF.com whilst they test it out.

-- The new name is expected to take effect nationally on television soon and the name change could occur in the very near future.

-- To view the Official New logo go to http://www.wwe.com/images/dotcom-logo-new.gif

I'm shocked, the logo sucks, and it'll take a lot of time to get used to saying WWE. Why couldn't they keep it as WWFE?? Ahh well.

Your veiws??
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:05
Regular
Oh, and it'll be called WW for short, and looking at the logo, you can see why.

-- Since the unveiling of the new World Wrestling Entertainment website (WWE.com) yesterday, many have questioned the new official WWE scratch logo. Specifically, the fact that the "F" in the scratch logo was removed, but an "E" was not added, making the logo simply "WW". It now appears that the WWF will not be known on television as WWE, but just as WW, which obviously stands for World Wrestling. For example, the Undisputed Champion will now be called the World Wrestling Undisputed Champion. Analogous to this is the fact that when the WWF was actually named "WWFE" (World Wrestling Federation Entertainment), it was referred to publically only as "WWF".

-- As proof of this, the paragraph below can be found at WWFInternational.com. Thanks to Anthony Schilero for notification of the following:

Thank you to our fans in Europe!
We are proud to announce that tickets for the World Wrestling's May 2 show in Glasgow, Scotland, sold out in just two hours and 45 minutes, and tickets for the May 3 show in Birmingham, England, sold out in just one hour and 45 minutes! We thank our fans very much!

-- It is expected that both the WWE and WW initials will be put into action beginning on tonight's WWE RAW telecast.

Also taken from themayhem.com. So it'll be used on Friday when we watch RAW!
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
The pandas beating the big ole nasty wolf Vince Mcmahon was always going to happen. Even worse, the new logo is pants and saying WWE sounds wrong.
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:07
Regular
Oh yeah, the Panda beat Vince, not Vince beat the Panda.
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:51
Regular
I don't the Logo looks that bad.

Saying WWE like you said will take getting use to a bit.
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:43
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I noticed this yesterday when I was on WWF.com. I was reading the Ross Report, then I clicked on one of the menu things at the top which say things like shows, superstars etc, and it came up with some javascript error. I refreshed the page and the top bar said WWE.com. I didn't tell you about this yesterday because my I didn't come back onto the forum. Now T-Devil beat me to it.
Tue 07/05/02 at 09:27
Regular
"Guess who..."
What??!! This could change my whole view on wrestling! This is the worst thing that's happened to me in my life! WWF was the only thing that remained from the type of wrestling 10 years ago! I do't wan to be a "WWE" superstar! Does anyone know how I can contact the WWE??!! WWE??!! What is the world coming to??!!

*Tazz talking to his brain*

Tazz: I suppose I could always fall back on my training as a Stealth Master?

Brain: No Tazz. That's just a game.

Tazz: But I refuse to be called the WWE champeen! NO! No! Noooooooo!!!

I'm Tazz and I tink you've said enough!!
Tue 07/05/02 at 10:53
Regular
Here is the new game cover for Wrestlemania X8 with the new logo.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/WMX8GCwe.jpg
Tue 07/05/02 at 13:32
Regular
"..."
Figo wrote:
> I don't the Logo looks that bad.
>
> Saying WWE like you said will take getting use to a bit.

The logo looks like someone has cut the 'F' off. Poor. They should just redesign the logo completely.
Tue 07/05/02 at 16:51
Regular
I agree with Congy. All design a new WWE logo and send it on a postcard to the usual address (whatever that is)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.