GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube Or Box?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 10:43
Regular
Ok so we all remember that glorious day,the 14th of march when X-box hit the shelves now a new era is upon us this is the age of the super consoles;
X-box
Gamecube
So this is it the question that has been asked so many times which is better,do you go for the size and sheer power of x-box or do you go for the petite size and portability of gamecube?

The Box

xbox hit the shelves on the 14th of march in the uk and was unlike some people maythink a great success sales more than matching PS2's previous success and with the average xbox owner buying 2-3 games with the console its self.As we all know xbox is streaks ahead of the field in polygon performance and graphical exelence and up untill now this would have been enough and perhaps it will be but is the cubes size going to give it the edge over the box...?

The Cube

The Cube has only just hit the stores (on friday) so we are yet to se wether it has beaten xbox's previous sales records although it has not got the power of xbox there is an optional screen available for just under £100
and a 2 hour battery on sale for just under £50 so is this to be the new portable king,the new house-hold name or perhaps nintendos last failed attempt at making a console that can hold its own against industry giants like sony.

The Verdict

Well this i cant fill in because that is the whole reason i posted this for your opinions and so you can see mine and others views.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:29
Regular
Garbe sounds just like those narrow minded people in my class. I just want to say that, to be frank, X-Box really IS just a computer minturised to fit in a large black box. It uses that same Nvidia just like computers can use and sound cards just like a PC. Gamecube and PS2 is NEW hardware developed by the companies themselves.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
"hit the road jack"
He's only been here for 5 days! Yeah good point about the x-boxes being overheated in the plastic display cases, but they had no back on the displays?
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:23
garbe123 wrote:
> You shut it protoss. I sold my PS2 and I have been playing a GameCube
> since last December and it is a pathetic waste of such a small space,
> you can get out of this forum for ever if you are calling the X-BOX a
> PC, Halo on PC will be nowhere near as good as the X-BOX version,
> Bungie have even said that ' with the X-BOX they can do things that
> can only be dreamed of on pc and other consoles'. Face it, the X-BOX
> is number 1, look at the release callendar and come back and tell me
> which is the best, LOL! PS2 has slipped away and is generations apart
> and the GG is a kids console, face it, the games are completed in a
> mere day and are not aimed at older gamers. At 15 I want something new
> and mature to play on, the PS2 gave me a bit of that but was slowing
> up due to hard-ware not being powerful enough to handle games like Max
> Payne. The X-BOX has all the hard-ware to make it a success and all
> the games to kill off the other 2 consoles, I want to jump down this
> line and scream in your face the obvious that you are missing, face
> it, the X-BOX is the best and all the evidence is around you, GO HOME
> YOU JABRONI!

U really don't know jack-sh*t do u? Xbox sux. It is a huge piece of junk crafted by a complete homosexu@l. Billy Willy Gates. Microsoft think that they can take on the biggest companies in the gaming industry. PAH! Gamecube is already beating Xbox and will match PS2 sometime. I have played Halo and it is the biggest load of junk on the face of this earth. The joypad for Xbox is nothing short of copying Dreamcast.

But I'm really not one to try and push my weight around.........I'm new too
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:23
"Mimmargh!"
The Untouchables wrote:
> U really don't know jack-sh*t do u? Xbox sux. It is a huge piece of
> junk crafted by a complete homosexu@l. Billy Willy Gates. Microsoft
> think that they can take on the biggest companies in the gaming
> industry. PAH! Gamecube is already beating Xbox and will match PS2
> sometime. I have played Halo and it is the biggest load of junk on the
> face of this earth. The joypad for Xbox is nothing short of copying
> Dreamcast.

I like the way you think The Untouchables.
;0D
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:22
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Protoss wrote:
> I am glad the majority of people posting here don't share garbe123's
> attitude...can you believe he told me to get out!?
> ;0)

The cheek of him, and what a stupid name his has!
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:21
garbe123 wrote:
> You shut it protoss. I sold my PS2 and I have been playing a GameCube
> since last December and it is a pathetic waste of such a small space,
> you can get out of this forum for ever if you are calling the X-BOX a
> PC, Halo on PC will be nowhere near as good as the X-BOX version,
> Bungie have even said that ' with the X-BOX they can do things that
> can only be dreamed of on pc and other consoles'. Face it, the X-BOX
> is number 1, look at the release callendar and come back and tell me
> which is the best, LOL! PS2 has slipped away and is generations apart
> and the GG is a kids console, face it, the games are completed in a
> mere day and are not aimed at older gamers. At 15 I want something new
> and mature to play on, the PS2 gave me a bit of that but was slowing
> up due to hard-ware not being powerful enough to handle games like Max
> Payne. The X-BOX has all the hard-ware to make it a success and all
> the games to kill off the other 2 consoles, I want to jump down this
> line and scream in your face the obvious that you are missing, face
> it, the X-BOX is the best and all the evidence is around you, GO HOME
> YOU JABRONI!

U really don't know jack-sh*t do u? Xbox sux. It is a huge piece of junk crafted by a complete homosexu@l. Billy Willy Gates. Microsoft think that they can take on the biggest companies in the gaming industry. PAH! Gamecube is already beating Xbox and will match PS2 sometime. I have played Halo and it is the biggest load of junk on the face of this earth. The joypad for Xbox is nothing short of copying Dreamcast.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:20
"Mimmargh!"
I am glad the majority of people posting here don't share garbe123's attitude...can you believe he told me to get out!?
;0)
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:19
>JC941< wrote:
> 2 out of 4 x-boxes that i saw on saturday had crashed! frozen!
> stopped!

Well, mine never does. Probably overheating in the display case.

Besides, why does everyone take consoles so seriously? They are MEANT to be fun!
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:18
"Mimmargh!"
I can't believe this guy has the nerve to tell me to leave the forums...
And don't start going ''xbox is better and cube sucks and ps2 is stupid'' because you will just sound like a narrow minded, biased fool.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:16
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I think you'll find that the PC version of Halo will be a whole lot better then the Xbox version, my PC gamer friend is getting it for it's online capabilities! And for the last time you are obviously an Xbox fan boy and even if your're 15 you need to grow up a bit. The Xbox has the power but none of the games really excite me (DOA3 is good) unlike games coming to the Gamecube or PS2. So please stop coming on here if you are just going to dis other consoles and say that Xbox is the best because sadly it's not, look at the sales figures my friend, in Japan the PSone is outselling it! Now most Xbox people are nice people but then we get absolute idiots like you, either go back to the Xbox forum or just go!

The BIGMAN :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.