GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube Or Box?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 10:43
Regular
Ok so we all remember that glorious day,the 14th of march when X-box hit the shelves now a new era is upon us this is the age of the super consoles;
X-box
Gamecube
So this is it the question that has been asked so many times which is better,do you go for the size and sheer power of x-box or do you go for the petite size and portability of gamecube?

The Box

xbox hit the shelves on the 14th of march in the uk and was unlike some people maythink a great success sales more than matching PS2's previous success and with the average xbox owner buying 2-3 games with the console its self.As we all know xbox is streaks ahead of the field in polygon performance and graphical exelence and up untill now this would have been enough and perhaps it will be but is the cubes size going to give it the edge over the box...?

The Cube

The Cube has only just hit the stores (on friday) so we are yet to se wether it has beaten xbox's previous sales records although it has not got the power of xbox there is an optional screen available for just under £100
and a 2 hour battery on sale for just under £50 so is this to be the new portable king,the new house-hold name or perhaps nintendos last failed attempt at making a console that can hold its own against industry giants like sony.

The Verdict

Well this i cant fill in because that is the whole reason i posted this for your opinions and so you can see mine and others views.
Mon 06/05/02 at 10:43
Ok so we all remember that glorious day,the 14th of march when X-box hit the shelves now a new era is upon us this is the age of the super consoles;
X-box
Gamecube
So this is it the question that has been asked so many times which is better,do you go for the size and sheer power of x-box or do you go for the petite size and portability of gamecube?

The Box

xbox hit the shelves on the 14th of march in the uk and was unlike some people maythink a great success sales more than matching PS2's previous success and with the average xbox owner buying 2-3 games with the console its self.As we all know xbox is streaks ahead of the field in polygon performance and graphical exelence and up untill now this would have been enough and perhaps it will be but is the cubes size going to give it the edge over the box...?

The Cube

The Cube has only just hit the stores (on friday) so we are yet to se wether it has beaten xbox's previous sales records although it has not got the power of xbox there is an optional screen available for just under £100
and a 2 hour battery on sale for just under £50 so is this to be the new portable king,the new house-hold name or perhaps nintendos last failed attempt at making a console that can hold its own against industry giants like sony.

The Verdict

Well this i cant fill in because that is the whole reason i posted this for your opinions and so you can see mine and others views.
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Wasting away"
Playstation 2.
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:13
Regular
X-BOX, the GameCube is great if you are not mad on games, under 10 years old and do not want a challenge in a game. The X-BOX as I chose is by far the greatest console on the market, its good for mature gamers that like both a challenge and a great game, the X-BOX shows all its power off in the games that are out/coming out onto it and even the games that recieve poor scores still have full marks for graphical excellence so all that is left for some comapnies is to perfect the gameplay, as most to all of the X-BOX gameplay has alreday been mastered and to be honest I amover the moon with my X-BOX despite not owning any games and just rented and borrowed, the X-BOX will reign for years to come believe me. As for the PS2, the release callendar explains all, the games have all dried up since MGS2 and the next decent game is Tekken 4 in September and until then you are left with nothing! I sold my PS2 to get out of what is going to gently drift away behind the X-BOX and even the GameCube, the PS2 is generations apart from the X-BOX and there is nothing that can be done about it! Get the X-BOX becuase you will not be dissapointed!
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:28
"Mimmargh!"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> Playstation 2.

Whats that?
;0)
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:48
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> the GameCube is great if you are not mad on games, under 10
> years old...?

Obviously heard of Rogue Leader and Resident Evil then.
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:57
"Mimmargh!"
auf deutsch wrote:
> garbe123 wrote:
> the GameCube is great if you are not mad on games, under 10
> years old...?

> Obviously heard of Rogue Leader and Resident Evil then.

Heh, I bet Rogue Leader would make garbe cry...

}:(
'
'
'
'
'
Mon 06/05/02 at 15:03
Regular
Cry with laughter! Laughing at what a rubbish game it is, compared to Max Payne and Halo boys and girls I think they are both pretty tame! LOL, did mommy teach you the first 3 letters of the alphabet yet or is daddy pointing out the number of cars going up a road. I have been playing a GameCube at my mates house since early December and I completed Luigis Mansion in under 4 hours, LOL! Don't even try to compare it to the X-BOX becuase it loses every time!
Mon 06/05/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oh God! More console wars!!!
Mon 06/05/02 at 15:23
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Phi11ip wrote:
> Oh God! More console wars!!!

He's very right.
Lets just have a Micronintony 'Entertainment-Orientated Graphics Container'
and stop everything at that, shall we?
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:53
"Mimmargh!"
Heh, shut it garbe.

X-bos may have Halo and Max Payne but I can play those both on my PC (Halo comes out in August) you won't see Rogue Leader on PC.

PS2 has had fantastic sales and a wide varitey of games, and GameCube has some of the most innovative games around.

If you want to start raving about your X-box and how Nintendo is for ''da little kids'' then you can get out of these forums forever or at least post you trash in the Microsoft forum (not that I have anything against the Microsoft forum).

*scowls at garb...*
}:0,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.