GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the Dreamcast failed...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 12:19
Regular
I have no idea but anyway after having my Dreamcast for about 3 Months I have decided to sell it. Not really my cup of tea the games aren't intresting enough, sure there's some quality games but there aren't enough to warrant me keeping it.

Shenmue was amazing, Jet Set Radio was great while it lasted, Crazy Taxi was ummm short, Sonic Adventure was fun for 5 minutes and the rest where unspeakably boring.

Anyway, anyone want a Dreamcast for £80 with 19 games and a hell of a lot of other stuff?
Fri 10/05/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Remember me?"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Yeah I went a bit over-the-top, but I was angered by Tiltawhirl saying
> that most Dreamcast games are "unspeakably boring".

Yes, that sort of rubbish does smell eerily of anus, doesn't it?

The Dreamcast's games are the best I've ever played, seeing as they're among some of the most original, innovative and damn playable games ever devised.
Sat 11/05/02 at 01:45
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Do u still have that dc for sale ?
Sat 12/04/03 at 21:45
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ahm those were the days...
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Same here. Convinced that Ihad missed some great games I went out a couple of months back and got one, bought a pile of games including Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, MSR, Skies Of Arcadia e.t.c

It's nothing special, I barely play it so it's up for sale one Ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&category=4313&item=3017611067
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:51
Regular
"going underground"
But all of the true DC greats are like gold dust now. You just would never get anything like Samba de Amigo or Seaman on a non-Sega console.
Mon 14/04/03 at 15:45
Regular
"elsonar.co.uk"
remeber the weird adverts
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:01
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Star Fury, you wouldnt fancy splitting it down to :-

VMU Unit, Controller
Shenmue
Skies of Arcadia
Virtua Tennis

would you?
Mon 14/04/03 at 18:02
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I think the pair of you are loonies. How can you say the likes of MSR is 'unspeakably boring'? Do you even like videogames?

I'm still buying games for my Dreamcast. Skies of Arcadia arrived from an ebay purchase today, next on the shopping list is Headhunter. My GameCube game collection will do well to ever get within striking distance of my DC collection, which probably surpasses my N64 and SNES collections. It may well be the best console I ever own, and the best you ever get rid of :O/
Tue 15/04/03 at 11:12
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Miserableman wrote:
> I think the pair of you are loonies. How can you say the likes of MSR
> is 'unspeakably boring'? Do you even like videogames?
>
> I'm still buying games for my Dreamcast. Skies of Arcadia arrived from
> an ebay purchase today, next on the shopping list is Headhunter. My
> GameCube game collection will do well to ever get within striking
> distance of my DC collection, which probably surpasses my N64 and SNES
> collections. It may well be the best console I ever own, and the best
> you ever get rid of :O/

Agrees
Fri 18/04/03 at 11:20
Regular
"going underground"
beh... i thought MSR was boring... but i could never get past Chapter 3

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.