GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I saw an advert on BBC one?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/08 at 16:53
"Was the man of marz"
Did anyone else?

Last night, just before panorama came on during the sign zone, they had one of those THINK road safety adverts about seat belts. I know it’s public information about important laws surrounding children in cars, but I didn’t know the BBC had these, as normally they are paid advertisements on other channels.

More often than not when I post these kinds of things, no one cares, although less so with this forum (hence why I’m here). So to also give a menial topic of conversation, have you recently noticed adverts for channel 4 shows etc on the itv network. I really do think that’s odd, putting money in a rivals pocket.
Sat 02/02/08 at 14:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Twain wrote:
> Oh, and another thing:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against regulations to
> compare your company to another one in one of your own adverts?

I thought this too but just had a look at the AVA website and apparently not. It is strictly regulated though maybe thats why we dont see too much of it.
Sat 02/02/08 at 11:55
"Was the man of marz"
Twain wrote:
> On ITV before I've seen ads for Sky Premiere and Sky One.

They do own a large share in it though, which I recently heard they are having to sell the bulk of, after blocking beardy branson's takeover bid.

> Also, is Dave (the TV channel) owned by UKTV? Because there are
> always ads for UKTV Gold, UKTV Documentary and UKTV History on
> there.

I think it may well be, as UKTV liked showing all the old top gear episodes, which dave now does. At least they do have some new content though, like world rally.

> I also once saw one of those screens in the bus shelters, which
> normally advertise things like the Park and Ride, showing the
> Windows XP boot menu that you see when it doesn't start properly
> or when you press F8 during boot.

I've seen that too.

> Oh, and another thing:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against regulations to
> compare your company to another one in one of your own adverts?
> Asda and Tesco have been doing that an awful lot recently.

I'm not sure, although tesco claimed to be cheaper with their own price checker, and asda used a third party comparison website.

That does ring a bell garin, but a lot of the adverts advertising upcoming programs are station specific, I guess because it is a lot cheaper and even more so if the ads are made in house.

I know you get a lot of networks advertising on different satellite stations timmargh (as twain mentioned challenge and UKTV gold), but channel 4 and ITV are terrestrial rivals, and with advertising revenue going down it makes even less sense. I wonder if any chief executives have thought about taking a contract out on Jamie 'cockney when I want to be' Oliver, as wasn't he the one who really pushed the kids eating junk food debate, meaning lots of money was lost as they can't advertise crap grub during CITV.
Fri 01/02/08 at 22:52
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
On ITV before I've seen ads for Sky Premiere and Sky One, as well as Challenge and UKTV Gold.

Also, is Dave (the TV channel) owned by UKTV? Because there are always ads for UKTV Gold, UKTV Documentary and UKTV History on there.

I also once saw one of those screens in the bus shelters, which normally advertise things like the Park and Ride, showing the Windows XP boot menu that you see when it doesn't start properly or when you press F8 during boot.

Oh, and another thing:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against regulations to compare your company to another one in one of your own adverts? Asda and Tesco have been doing that an awful lot recently.
Fri 01/02/08 at 21:09
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Isnt there some regulation about commercial TV stations in that they have to let advertisers from other stations buy airtime if they want? I seem to recall there being something like that.
Fri 01/02/08 at 20:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've seen a few safety adverts on the BBC -- they're usually a government thing.

And I've seen plenty of adverts for TV programmes on different channels, even different satellite channels.

(Sorry!)
Fri 01/02/08 at 16:53
"Was the man of marz"
Did anyone else?

Last night, just before panorama came on during the sign zone, they had one of those THINK road safety adverts about seat belts. I know it’s public information about important laws surrounding children in cars, but I didn’t know the BBC had these, as normally they are paid advertisements on other channels.

More often than not when I post these kinds of things, no one cares, although less so with this forum (hence why I’m here). So to also give a menial topic of conversation, have you recently noticed adverts for channel 4 shows etc on the itv network. I really do think that’s odd, putting money in a rivals pocket.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.