GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I saw an advert on BBC one?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/08 at 16:53
"Was the man of marz"
Did anyone else?

Last night, just before panorama came on during the sign zone, they had one of those THINK road safety adverts about seat belts. I know it’s public information about important laws surrounding children in cars, but I didn’t know the BBC had these, as normally they are paid advertisements on other channels.

More often than not when I post these kinds of things, no one cares, although less so with this forum (hence why I’m here). So to also give a menial topic of conversation, have you recently noticed adverts for channel 4 shows etc on the itv network. I really do think that’s odd, putting money in a rivals pocket.
Wed 06/02/08 at 23:54
"Was the man of marz"
Hedfix wrote:
> They used to advertise Fast Forward and the Radio Times on BBC1,
> I think some organisationism told them to stooop loike.

That rings a bell. I honestly don't mind in house advertising, but when you see bbc programmes being advertised on the sides of buses it really makes you wonder where the license fee goes.

With that big rise they reckoned was needed to pay for online content being rejected, it got me thinking that the amount payable should decrease in years with successful programmes.
Wed 06/02/08 at 15:03
Regular
"8==="
They used to advertise Fast Forward and the Radio Times on BBC1, I think some organisationism told them to stooop loike.
Mon 04/02/08 at 16:31
"Was the man of marz"
pb wrote:
> What decent shows have ITV got to advertise anyway?!

They have the rights to a lot of good sport, although it's a shame that it has to be littered with adverts. You often miss important bits of grand prix and the brief breaks in boxing are even more of a joke, as fighters often retire between rounds.

> Primeval is the only thing I watch on ITV these days.

You're on your own with that one, as the only pleasure I get out of it is when it's being mimicked by Harry Hill, on his TV burp (probably the only half decent show on ITV I watch).
Mon 04/02/08 at 12:03
"possibly impossible"
What decent shows have ITV got to advertise anyway?!

Primeval is the only thing I watch on ITV these days.
Sun 03/02/08 at 19:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It's public service broadcasting. The BBC arent allowed to run paid for adverts. When the general election comes around, all 3 parties will be given free air-time as part of that public service. Although i wouldnt be suprised if the BBC requested a charity donation or something.
Sun 03/02/08 at 15:05
"Was the man of marz"
Sun 03/02/08 at 11:41
Regular
"Twenty quid."
That does make sense.
Sun 03/02/08 at 08:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Marzman wrote:
> have you
> recently noticed adverts for channel 4 shows etc on the itv
> network. I really do think that’s odd, putting money in a
> rivals pocket.

I've noticed that the "terrestrial" channels have been sticking together in recent years, what with the greater competition out there on the digital channels. Especially Channel 4 and ITV. Cases in point: GMTV talking about Eastenders, Richard & Judy talking about Celebrity Come Dancing etc. It makes sense for the "traditional" channels to have closer ties in the current zillion-channel climate. Or am I talking nonsense, am I imaging it? ...
Sat 02/02/08 at 21:06
Regular
"Heart of stone"
Hi I get annoyed when the BBC advertise there own goods for sale on BBC channels. No adverts should mean NO ADVERTS. We pay them enough through the licencse fee (TAX!!!)anyway.

Haggis catcher
Sat 02/02/08 at 20:36
"Was the man of marz"
> Twain wrote:
> Oh, and another thing:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against regulations to
> compare your company to another one in one of your own adverts?
> Garin wrote:
> I thought this too but just had a look at the AVA website and
> apparently not. It is strictly regulated though maybe thats why
> we dont see too much of it.

Regulations or not, surely you would still have to be careful so not to fall foul of slander or libel laws, which ever it is regarding to TV advertisements (I guess either and/or both).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.