GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why wrestling sucks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 20:52
Regular
Some of you (Ant) may have noticed that I have not been posting in this forum as much as I used to. This is because I have lost all interest in the WWF, and wrestling in general. Here are the reasons behind this desicion.

1 - I am no longer taken in by anything that happens in the ring. I know it's fake, and I know exactly how it is done. I can pinpoint the exact moment a wrestler is going to blade. This knowledge means that I no longer 'support' wrestlers - I really don't give a flying fun who wins the matches, as long as they are good.

2 - The WWF sucks. It has no competition, so it can do as it likes without fear of wrestlers (or fans) leaving to another fed. The storylines are rubbish, and gimmick matches overused. Much of the best talent is not being used - there isn't even a decent Tag or Cruiserweight division, for funs sake. Rubbish storylines and Vince McMahons ego are in the way of the actual wrestling.

3 - ECW sucks. I realised that wrestlers were real people after meeting Nova. He told me about how disturbing it was to see the likes of Mikey Whipwreck and Foley deteriorate after the bumps that they have taken. Bleeding does not take skill, it just takes a certain sickness. Likewise with hitting someone on the head with a chair so hard that thier ears bleed. This is my main problem with wrestling in general - it kills the wrestlers, mentally. They screw thier bodies up badly. Look at Jeff Hardy, who can't even work a match anymore.

4 - Benoit has been injured.
Wed 08/05/02 at 18:46
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Hmm, well I'm getting sick of people slagging ECW off. Just go watch
> Super Crazy and Tajiri's series of matches and you will see that they
> effectively brought a whole new style of wrestling to America that the
> WWF doesn't use nearly enough. Or any of the technical contests
> between Shane Douglas and Tazz. Sure it will be remembered for it's
> hardcore matches, but the likes of New Jack HAD to do that sort of
> thing, because they had no talent.

Yes, the cruiserweights rock. ECW did change the fact of American wrestling - for the worse, in my view. They bought hardcore to the masses, which is a very bad thing indeed.

The things I remember about ECW are Mass Transit and the fans waving thier tickets in the air, after soaking them in Terry Funks blood. Not human.

Mick Foley is the worst wrestler ever. He embodied ECW.
Tue 07/05/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Where's SR?"
He's a big, new wrestler from OVW managed by Paul Heyman. He's attacked Spike, Rikishi, the Hurricane and others and has just destroyed the Hardy Boyz with his spinning facebuster and powerbombs.
Tue 07/05/02 at 19:45
Regular
"THE BIG SHOW"
I haven't seen wrestling lately, and have completely lost track of what is going on, I miss wcw and ecw they were way better than wwf. There is only a couple of good ppv's. Who the hell is Brock Lesnar
Tue 07/05/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Starlight wrote:
> Saying that though Kane seems to be better than ever now although the
> mysterious aura and voice he once had has been ruined.

I disagree, his mysterious aura is still there, his recent change has made him even more mysterious. He's the only current masked wrestler which seperates him from everyone else and has easily the best gimmick in the WWF (except for possibly the Hurricane :)
Tue 07/05/02 at 17:00
Regular
"One More Chance"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Hmm, well I'm getting sick of people slagging ECW off. Just go watch
> Super Crazy and Tajiri's series of matches and you will see that they
> effectively brought a whole new style of wrestling to America that the
> WWF doesn't use nearly enough. Or any of the technical contests
> between Shane Douglas and Tazz. Sure it will be remembered for it's
> hardcore matches, but the likes of New Jack HAD to do that sort of
> thing, because they had no talent.

Exactly what I was trying to say (but you phrased it better) New Jack just could not wrestle for the life of him, the only thing he could manage was bringing a chair behind his head and hitting some one with it. Also Chris Jericho, Perry Saturn and Chris Jericho had some great matches in ECW.
Tue 07/05/02 at 16:53
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Mouldy, when I saw the title of this thread I thought "Oh not again!", but then I saw your name and decided to take a peek. And I must say I respect you for the fact that you actually gave a good excuse as to why you don't like it anymore. But I still like it.
Tue 07/05/02 at 13:37
Regular
"..."
Hmm, well I'm getting sick of people slagging ECW off. Just go watch Super Crazy and Tajiri's series of matches and you will see that they effectively brought a whole new style of wrestling to America that the WWF doesn't use nearly enough. Or any of the technical contests between Shane Douglas and Tazz. Sure it will be remembered for it's hardcore matches, but the likes of New Jack HAD to do that sort of thing, because they had no talent.
Tue 07/05/02 at 09:20
Regular
"Guess who..."
Oh, sorry. I just read yourpost, you don't like wrestling anymore. Well, tomorow's another day!
Tue 07/05/02 at 09:19
Regular
"Guess who..."
Mouldy Cheese? Your back? I kind of want to keep Tazz and I don't know if I've still got him now. Somebody, please tell me.
Tue 07/05/02 at 00:44
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I agree with part of point 2 about it not having any competition, this is so true, when WCW was about it was so much more interesting, storylines and matches HAD to be good to bring in the viewers but it's seems to have slowed down big time now.

After Wrestlemania 2000 is really started to deteriorate bad.

Benoit is injured, yeah that does suck.

ECW did not suck however but I understand what you say how they really damage thereselves but I knew that anyway. You've met a ECW 'Star' and heard what he had to say so that gives you a unique view on the situation which is great. Meet any others and did they change your views in any way, this is the stuff I like to read.

I did disagree though, knowing when a wrestler 'blades' before he does it does not make it worse, fair enough you know it's going to happen but there is a point ok you can argue that sometimes it's just pointless bloodshed but most of the time there trying to hype the match, tell a story, describe the hatred between the two men. You remember a match where someone was "cut open" more than just a plain pinfall (which by the way Rock is getting quite tiresome now, use some backstage power you never do, try and get a decent match, do something new)

I havn't watched WWF for a while.

Try taking a back seat, don't watch WWF the way you do, don't watch it intensely just sit back and try and watch it without trying to guess what's going to happen. Watch it with friends while drinking and having a laugh, it's so much better.

Gimmick matches are NOT used enough, the recent(ish) ones weve seen have silly names like Duchess of something or other and are really just No DQ matches. We need some variety.

The WWF just needs to buck it's ideas up really rather than bringing in new faces all the time.

Saying that though Kane seems to be better than ever now although the mysterious aura and voice he once had has been ruined.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.